• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I thought shilling was regulated by state law? And that is why Heritage is located in Texas, where it isn’t illegal?

I don't know if that's changed and I'm not sure of each and every state's codes on shill bidding. What I am sure of is that in NYS. it's a crime and that crime can easily lead to Federal charges (mail and wire fraud) with substantial penalties, including jail time. . 

What is shill bidding? (sharovalaw.com) 

Edited by James J Johnson

And just a note to those that believe I addressed crack/photoshop/over-grade as fraud.

It was only after the Sledgehammer astutely brought my attention to the shill bidding, which I then looked into, did I change the title of the thread from   

BeatleBlueCat Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam   

to 

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam

1 hour ago, the blob said:

I think most of our ground is common, I had a very specific issue with one specific thing you cited. And mainly if I buy some severely undergraded lot and decide some of them are much better than advertised (or implied), which has happened, I'd prefer not to be accused of fraud. Unlikely to happen, but certainly possible.

Never stated that part of the equation cited, that overgrading was fraud (as in a violation of a criminal code). Until the shilling came to light, legalities were not the issue. I was very careful not to address his unethical MO, crack/photoshop/overgrade as anything other than what it is. FlimFlam. Deception. Dishonesty. Scammery.

Edited by James J Johnson

38 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

It would probably be even more fun to invite him here and if he accepted.

I'm sure he's reading it and would participate if he had anything he wished to declare. Maybe his decision to not participate and offer any additional input that may quickly be picked apart and adversely disseminated against him is the wisest choice he's ever made. .

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

I'm sure he's reading it and would participate if he had anything he wished to declare. Maybe his decision to not participate and offer any additional input that may quickly be picked apart and adversely disseminated against him is the wisest choice he's ever made. .

I wonder who that one dude that showed up and said you think youre a hero was tho-

On 12/18/2020 at 7:43 AM, James J Johnson said:

Hello! 

First one, right out of the gate. Good. I have a week off, I have a lot of image contact tracing to do. 

CGC 7.5: 

Marvel Iron Man #55 CGC Universal Grade 7.5 | eBay  

Equals a BeatleBlueCat raw 9.4:

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN # 55 - (NM) -1ST THANOS,DRAX,B. BROTHERS,STARLIN,HIGH GRADE | eBay 

Looks better than this PGX 9.4:

s-l1600.jpg

On 12/18/2020 at 4:43 AM, James J Johnson said:

Hello! 

First one, right out of the gate. Good. I have a week off, I have a lot of image contact tracing to do. 

CGC 7.5: 

Marvel Iron Man #55 CGC Universal Grade 7.5 | eBay  

Equals a BeatleBlueCat raw 9.4:

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN # 55 - (NM) -1ST THANOS,DRAX,B. BROTHERS,STARLIN,HIGH GRADE | eBay 

Such warm feedback from ole BlueCat :cloud9:

image.thumb.png.6655d2ad40989c9729f5ce334b0f0340.png

2 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Such warm feedback from ole BlueCat :cloud9:

image.thumb.png.6655d2ad40989c9729f5ce334b0f0340.png

He should be thrilled, he paid for a 7.5 and, apparently, after it went through the magic wormhole, it was a 9.4. Or he could have just sent it to PGX like that Hulk 106 and turned a 7.5 into a 9.4. Blech! (OK, I know, I know, sometimes PGX grades are ok, I am just not aware of when they are)

15 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Am I the only one who took time to message and toy with this shady seller?

I suggest you do it if you have five minutes to spare. Slightly entertaining.

Don't hold your breath.  I had a question for Red Rocks and I found and asked it of him over Instagram.  I am still waiting for a response.

3 hours ago, the blob said:

He should be thrilled, he paid for a 7.5 and, apparently, after it went through the magic wormhole, it was a 9.4. Or he could have just sent it to PGX like that Hulk 106 and turned a 7.5 into a 9.4. Blech! (OK, I know, I know, sometimes PGX grades are ok, I am just not aware of when they are)

If I had to guess, they tend to crank out the inflated grades when PGX HQ (i.e. Pizza Hut) is inundated with orders.  For pizzas and sides of course, not with books.

4 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Actually I messaged him and he doesn’t seem to have a grasp on you’re and your, as he said to me “your an annoying insufficiently_thoughtful_person”.

At least he didnt call you a "Looser".