• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Wooooo.... I cannot emphasize the bullet that I just dodged with the village. tee hee

slow down!

7 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

I knew it.  You are a sly dog.

Buzz is like 22 years old-he's always dodging bullets and stuff.

34 minutes ago, kav said:

slow down!

I was having the portico rebuilt after the roof was done.  Whether or not I need a permit for that is kind of a gray area.  Anything to do with construction you need a permit which costs the permit fee as well as a $500 bond.  However, replacing a roof does not require a permit or a bond.  The portico was obviously connected to the roof so there is that gray area of whether or not it requires a permit and bond or not.  For example, you are required to obtain a permit if you are installing new sheet rock in a home or doing plumbing work (bathroom). 

Now, the bathroom was completed in June and I still have not received my $500 back from the village.  The roof was done before Christmas and the replacement of the portico was done today.  All of a sudden he was going to put up a new railing when he realized that he left the mounting brackets so the railing goes up tomorrow. 

Which is wonderful because he decided to call it a day at 3.  The town called me up and said they *might* send a guy over to finally inspect that the bathroom was completed sometimes between 4-5 as I have asked them to do so for the past two months. 

Whether or not the village inspector actually shows up is a different story... but it makes things a lot easier if the contractor is not here when the inspector arrives. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I was having the portico rebuilt after the roof was done.  Whether or not I need a permit for that is kind of a gray area.  Anything to do with construction you need a permit which costs the permit fee as well as a $500 bond.  However, replacing a roof does not require a permit or a bond.  The portico was obviously connected to the roof so there is that gray area of whether or not it requires a permit and bond or not.  For example, you are required to obtain a permit if you are installing new sheet rock in a home or doing plumbing work (bathroom). 

Now, the bathroom was completed in June and I still have not received my $500 back from the village.  The roof was done before Christmas and the replacement of the portico was done today.  All of a sudden he was going to put up a new railing when he realized that he left the mounting brackets so the railing goes up tomorrow. 

Which is wonderful because he decided to call it a day at 3.  The town called me up and said they *might* send a guy over to finally inspect that the bathroom was completed sometimes between 4-5 as I have asked them to do so for the past two months. 

Whether or not the village inspector actually shows up is a different story... but it makes things a lot easier if the contractor is not here when the inspector arrives. 

A contractor explained to me if you are replacing something, you do not need a permit.  If you are adding something, you need a permit.  

9 minutes ago, kav said:

A contractor explained to me if you are replacing something, you do not need a permit.  If you are adding something, you need a permit.  

Your contractor is not bound by my village code.  So what he told you is useful to you but meaningless to me. 

My parents are within walking distance but outside village jurisdiction.  They have far more freedom than I do.  They can put up new sheetrock without a permit.  When my neighbor did it, he was busted for not getting a permit as they were driving around and saw them cutting the boards outside and the garbage.  They stopped work in the house and he had a bare bones living room from the end of November to the beginning of January so they could do the step by step inspection.  

Me?  When I had to redo a room, I did the demo at night from 8-2am, bagged all of the garbage and stored it in the garage, and slept at my parent's.  When it came to garbage removal of stucco wall debris, I brought those bags to my parent's house and when I would go pick up a pizza or something I would drop off a bag in the dumpster when I went to pick up a pie.   It's amazing how fast and easy you can get rid of garbage you don't want people to see. 

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Your contractor is not bound by my village code.  So what he told you is useful to you but meaningless to me. 

My parents are within walking distance but outside village jurisdiction.  They have far more freedom than I do.  They can put up new sheetrock without a permit.  When my neighbor did it, he was busted for not getting a permit as they were driving around and saw them cutting the boards outside and the garbage.  They stopped work in the house and he had a bare bones living room from the end of November to the beginning of January so they could do the step by step inspection.  

Me?  When I had to redo a room, I did the demo at night from 8-2am, bagged all of the garbage and stored it in the garage, slept at my parent's.  When it came to garbage removal of stucco wall debris, I brought those bags to my parent's house and when I would go pick up a pizza or something I would drop off a bag in the dumpster when I went to pick up a pie.   It's amazing how fast and easy you can get rid of garbage you don't want people to see. 

can village law supersede city law or state law?

9 minutes ago, kav said:

can village law supersede city law or state law?

It depends on what the state code either explicitly prohibits or allows in relation to what the village code explicitly prohibits or allows or adds on to.

So, like I said, mom and dad did not need a permit to get their bathroom done.    I needed a permit to get my bathroom done.  We both live in Nassau County.  We both live in New York State.   They can put their trash pails out earlier than I can.  I have a clear time frame when I can put them out the night before and by what time the empty pails must be taken in.   They can get their windows replaced without a permit.  I am supposed to get a permit.   Your contractor is most likely correct in relation to your local codes.  They are not the same as my village code.  

Edited by Buzzetta

2 hours ago, kav said:

The Police released their first album in the 70s.  They are considered an iconic 80s band.  :makepoint:

I'm glad they got defunded. After suffering through their carppy music in high school and college, my now 27 year old son went on a binge with their music when he was in high school. It just about broke me :eek:  Kids are supposed to find new music to torture their parents with, not continue the aural agony from the past...., 

It depends on what the state code either explicitly prohibits or allows in relation to what the village code explicitly prohibits or allows or adds on to.

So, like I said, mom and dad did not need a permit to get their bathroom done.    I needed a permit to get my bathroom done.  We both live in Nassau County.  We both live in New York State.   They can put their trash pails out earlier than I can.  I have a clear time frame when I can put them out the night before and by what time the empty pails must be taken in.   They can get their windows replaced without a permit.  I am supposed to get a permit.   Your contractor is most likely correct in relation to your local codes.  They are not the same as my village code.  

next time ask them where's their permit to ask to see your permit.

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

I'm glad they got defunded. After suffering through their carppy music in high school and college, my now 27 year old son went on a binge with their music when he was in high school. It just about broke me :eek:  Kids are supposed to find new music to torture their parents with, not continue the aural agony from the past...., 

the police were the greatest band of the 80s.

14 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

When I had to redo a room, I did the demo at night from 8-2am, bagged all of the garbage and stored it in the garage, and slept at my parent's.  When it came to garbage removal of stucco wall debris, I brought those bags to my parent's house and when I would go pick up a pizza or something I would drop off a bag in the dumpster when I went to pick up a pie.   It's amazing how fast and easy you can get rid of garbage you don't want people to see. 

I heard that works great with bodies in NYC as well.

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

I heard that works great with bodies in NYC as well.

I've heard a lot of tales of what was found when they tore up the abandoned warehouses and adjoining area to make way for the condos and buildings along the waterfront in Williamsburg and Greenpoint Brooklyn.  What was lost... was found. 

Just now, kav said:

:acclaim:

You would just get fined and fined and fined... and then land yourself in trouble that you could not worm your way out of. 

You would just get fined and fined and fined... and then land yourself in trouble that you could not worm your way out of. 

You will not get fined for asking to see their permit trust me on this.