• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, allthingskryptonite said:

I hope it's not too late to ask the question: how did you discover this?

It ain't over 'til it's over. While surfing ebay, upon seeing the IM 55, I thought, "Oh, this was cracked out of a slab". There were the tells. So with what I know of BeatleBlueCat already, my research time was drastically shortened. I thought, "If he's touting this as a NM, he cracked a 6.0 to 7.5, and of course, the book appearing better than its former CGC submitted grade due to photoshop manipulation, I noted the characteristic markers that uniquely ID this book, the "fingerptints" if you will, that were likely not alterable by Photoshop without it being obvious to his buyer that the image was indeed altered. So I searched for past sales of IM 55 in 6.0 to 7.5 looking for these identifiers and I didn't have to look back that far. He's not well-funded so he there's a limited amount of time he has to hold the books within a time frame that the images and auctions disappear altogether, which they never do if you search the deep web. Everything is cached someplacein the 95% of the web most people are unaware of, like dark matter in this universe. So since he's poorly funded and impatirnt, it took me longer to create the post then it did to find the evidence. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

They also released albums in the 1980's went on hiatus after Live Aid and touring in 86 and then released their last single, "Don't Stand so Close to Me 86 Remix" in... 1986.

Despite a reunion tour in 2007, (shout out to traveling to Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall to see it) Yeah... I would say the Police were an 80's band. 

The Smiths were not a 90's band.  No new music was created and no albums were released except for a few compilations of greatest hits to jump on the Morrissey solo career bandwagon.

@Get Marwood & I... I want a brit view on this... the Smiths were 80's or as Kav says, 90's?

you are most likely right all i can speak to is my experience-i never heard of the smiths or know anyone that did in the 80s.  The 80s was when I was in my prime and music was very important.  i started hearing abt the smiths in the 90s from the younger folks.  

1 minute ago, kav said:

you are most likely right all i can speak to is my experience-i never heard of the smiths or know anyone that did in the 80s.  The 80s was when I was in my prime and music was very important.  i started hearing abt the smiths in the 90s from the younger folks.  

So the information was not wrong... you are just 'old' :baiting:

:whee::whee::whee::whee::whee:

So the information was not wrong... you are just 'old' :baiting:

yes I am old enough to know the 80s better than you and thus most likely correct.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

yes I am old enough to know the 80s better than you and thus most likely correct.

But... you are wrong here... so most likely don't mean diddly. 

Just because you are not aware of the truth, does not make something untrue. 

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

But... you are wrong here... so most likely don't mean diddly. 

Just because you are not aware of the truth, does not make something untrue. 

what were you, one years old in the 80s?  I was in my 20s.  I think someonein their 20s would know more about what music was popular than a one year old.

BTW:

History of Live Performances by the Smiths

The Smiths - Discography - In 1987 after the band broke up they released a compilation of singles called 'Louder than Bombs'... everything else after that was, "Reissue, repackage repackage."

If you feel that compilation albums mark the decade that a band is earmarked in then I guess the Beatles are a 2009 band because I loved me that remastered box set.

nope and nope... 

Ok youre right-a one year old would know more abt music than a 20 year old.

1 minute ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Are you really too lazy to type out ‘about’?:facepalm:

This has become too important to you-time for a breather.

1 minute ago, kav said:

This has become too important to you-time for a breather.

This is hitting you hard that you wasn't hip to the Smiths when so many others were when they were releasing music, when they were a band, before they broke up never to play again, while they were on the charts in both the US and England...   in the 80's. 

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

11 minutes ago, kav said:

what were you, one years old in the 80s?  I was in my 20s.  I think someonein their 20s would know more about what music was popular than a one year old.

Damn I like you even more now--I thought you were like 25 or something. I think it's the cyberpunk Eminem avatar and young man angst.  But now that I know you are bombing out these posts while nursing your hip and getting discounts on your Moons Over Myhammy, it's somehow way better.  You're like if they cast Wilford Brimley in the Matrix--just gumming Werther's Originals while hacking the IRS dbase.  Bug I digress.  Buzzetta is right, and I have to believe you are just trolling him anyway.

1 minute ago, vheflin said:

This is the first time I have ever seen someone officially declared wrong on the Internet.lol

With "conviction" and "prejudice"... you forgot, "conviction" and "prejudice"...

4 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

Damn I like you even more now--I thought you were like 25 or something. I think it's the cyberpunk Eminem avatar and young man angst.  But now that I know you are bombing out these posts while nursing your hip and getting discounts on your Moons Over Myhammy, it's somehow way better.  You're like if they cast Wilford Brimley in the Matrix--just gumming Werther's Originals while hacking the IRS dbase.  Bug I digress.  Buzzetta is right, and I have to believe you are just trolling him anyway.

He is like 104. 

7 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

I'm just havin fun with ol buzz.  Us old codgers take our fun where we can get it, needling young whippersnappers.