• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

Just now, mattn792 said:

I’d respond with, “Yes, all offers of $50 are excepted from consideration.”

Dude’s brain might melt.

this is a good strategy-keep misspelling words at him so he's not sure if you are excepting his awfer or not.

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

a guy with a garage sale in the neighborhood had a sign out front that said     "  HUGH SALE  "

I thought slavery was illegal-

16 hours ago, kav said:

I had a boss that was illiterate AF.  It was crushing to have someone like that in charge of me.  And she was EVIL.  An evil dolt boss-really soul crushing.  She'd send emails like
"Good job team are stats were great this weak" :ohnoez:
I quit that job.  I had quit my prev job to get away from evil dolt boss.  That was the last job I ever had where I had a boss-I had had enough.
I have also seen a special ed teacher that couldnt spell anything.  The things she would right on the bored wood blow you're mind.
No way she passed the CBEST-someone took that test for her.  And a special ed teacher no less.

congrats for this, the seldom seen "five different reactions" posts 

18 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i'm with you except whats wrong with "hand in glove" ? that one has been used for a long time

Hand in glove was morphed from hand in hand, as in two hands working together in unison. "Well those two went down for that crime hand in hand". 

Just has it's own different meaning than hand in glove, which sounds like it implies something fits, or something protected. 

Same with "Holding his hands close to his chest", What the heck does that infer, literally? Not the same as "Playing his hand close to the vest", meaning that you're guarding something by not revealing your hand or info and to your advantage, in this case not letting anyone see your cards by shielding them. . 

Holding his hands close to his chest? Why? Are they cold? :bigsmile:  

Hand in glove is legit.  If you look it up on Google, it has all sorts of valid references, including Merriam-Webster.  It's just a reference for super-close proximity, like a glove fitting snugly on a hand, not much room in between.

I thought it was legit when posted, but let it go as a possible stretched idiom.  Then when @1950's war comicsquestioned it, I had to look it up to make sure.

Here's one for our Spanish speaking friends to call us on:   We mean to say Man to Man, but somehow it comes mano a mano, which means hand to hand, I think.  We are under the impression that we can just add an "o" to any English word to make it Spanish.

2 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

Hand in glove is legit.  If you look it up on Google, it has all sorts of valid references, including Merriam-Webster.  It's just a reference for super-close proximity, like a glove fitting snugly on a hand, not much room in between.

I thought it was legit when posted, but let it go as a possible stretched idiom.  Then when @1950's war comicsquestioned it, I had to look it up to make sure.

Here's one for our Spanish speaking friends to call us on:   We mean to say Man to Man, but somehow it comes mano a mano, which means hand to hand, I think.  We are under the impression that we can just add an "o" to any English word to make it Spanish.

mano a mano means a fight hand to hand.

1 minute ago, Lightning55 said:

I believe this is true. 

But most will translate it as man to man.  It's not actually far off from literal meaning, but that's probably just accidental.

but keep in mind most spell it "Loosers read book's" tho

10 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

What about Hand in Pants? :D

Edited by lizards2
not your own, of course....,