• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not charging until grading now, saw in the email.
1 1

61 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

Well they can, and they did, so...

I think you're looking at this as some sort of 'magical' immediate solution. Not all solutions are immediate. On-boarding and implementations take time.

Yeah they went the wrong route is what I'm coming to. If they wanted to stay on top of things they should've fixed their issues then raise prices. But they went the psa route and did nothing but raise price and tat. Its bad for customers which is only gonna have us stop sending in our cards which is less business for them. 

5 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Yeah they went the wrong route is what I'm coming to. If they wanted to stay on top of things they should've fixed their issues then raise prices. But they went the psa route and did nothing but raise price and tat. Its bad for customers which is only gonna have us stop sending in our cards which is less business for them. 

I don't work for CGC-TCG, so I can't speak for them but, they may need the capital prior to on-boarding. That would be a reasonable explanation as to the price hikes.

56 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

They are probably raising their prices since they are just as credible as any other grading company and have the fastest turn around time. Based on resale values, with the exception of 9.5's vs  PSA10s, CGC is basically the same thing as PSA and BGS except they are fastest. Unless you think your cards can get PSA 10s, there is zero reason to use anyone else right now since resale is pretty similar on similar grades.

And the grading market is just on fire right now. I cant even find any Pokemon cards at any stores near by me since the demand is like nothing I ever seen before. I really wish less people would submit, but thats not the case. The TAT times are getting longer since the system is overloaded. Still better turn around times than any other company and the quality of grading is on par with everyone else. It is what it is. 

12 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

They are probably raising their prices since they are just as credible as any other grading company and have the fastest turn around time. Based on resale values, with the exception of 9.5's vs  PSA10s, CGC is basically the same thing as PSA and BGS except they are fastest. Unless you think your cards can get PSA 10s, there is zero reason to use anyone else right now since resale is pretty similar on similar grades.

And the grading market is just on fire right now. I cant even find any Pokemon cards at any stores near by me since the demand is like nothing I ever seen before. I really wish less people would submit, but thats not the case. The TAT times are getting longer since the system is overloaded. Still better turn around times than any other company and the quality of grading is on par with everyone else. It is what it is. 

Just a correction here. They aren't the fastest and aren't proven to be the fastest actually they're the least proven in the hobby. They're falling into the same pitfalls as competitors they're simply the least backlogged which results in faster turnaround times as you can see by the ever growing turnaround times. If prices continue to rise there's no value gained in paying the same fees for a CGC 9.5 for a psa10 in fact the opposite it makes it more likely for me to choose PSA considering the market share ultimately results in higher prices on resell for a dollar more investment per card bulk.

26 minutes ago, Reg526 said:

Just a correction here. They aren't the fastest and aren't proven to be the fastest actually they're the least proven in the hobby. They're falling into the same pitfalls as competitors they're simply the least backlogged which results in faster turnaround times as you can see by the ever growing turnaround times. If prices continue to rise there's no value gained in paying the same fees for a CGC 9.5 for a psa10 in fact the opposite it makes it more likely for me to choose PSA considering the market share ultimately results in higher prices on resell for a dollar more investment per card bulk.

That isnt a correction. CGC is the fastest for bulk right now and fastest for other grading speeds. Everywhere else is almost half a year to a quarter of a year wait for bulk.  And yes with PSA you would make more money on 10 grades vs 9.5, but you have to trade more of your time to do so. Long term, there wont really be a difference outside of 9.5's vs 10s. There will probably be more grading companies in the future and it will be to a point to where the label of the company will be irrelevant, which even right now is starting to be the case. Its getting to the point to where people just care that its graded and a professional gave an opinion on it. Ive seen GMA cards (yes, the place that is ran by 1 guy) have premiums on them now. That is just because the market is red hot and CGC knows it, hence why they bump up their prices a bit in spite of their issues

Edited by mattyzeepgam

31 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

That isnt a correction. CGC is the fastest for bulk right now and fastest for other grading speeds. Everywhere else is almost half a year to a quarter of a year wait for bulk.  And yes with PSA you would make more money on 10 grades vs 9.5, but you have to trade more of your time to do so. Long term, there wont really be a difference outside of 9.5's vs 10s. There will probably be more grading companies in the future and it will be to a point to where the label of the company will be irrelevant, which even right now is starting to be the case. Its getting to the point to where people just care that its graded and a professional gave an opinion on it. Ive seen GMA cards (yes, the place that is ran by 1 guy) have premiums on them now. That is just because the market is red hot and CGC knows it, hence why they bump up their prices a bit in spite of their issues

A bit, they raised it alot, and in some cases cost more than others. They should fix their tat first before raising. Dont live by we are the fastest and then let everyone down and robbed everyone 

30 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

CGC is the fastest for bulk right now

No their turnaround times are the lowest. This isn't the same thing as saying they're the fastest.

fastest for other grading speeds

Correct because they're less backlogged. PSA has an entire warehouse of backlog.

32 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Everywhere else is almost half a year to a quarter of a year wait for bulk

There's 0 indication that CGC won't end up like that and there has been little reassurance they have found a solution to the ever increasing turnaround times in fact they've taken the same approach PSA has that resulted in their turnaround times.

1 minute ago, Reg526 said:

No their turnaround times are the lowest. This isn't the same thing as saying they're the fastest.

Correct because they're less backlogged. PSA has an entire warehouse of backlog.

There's 0 indication that CGC won't end up like that and there has been little reassurance they have found a solution to the ever increasing turnaround times in fact they've taken the same approach PSA has that resulted in their turnaround times.

Exactly they following all other company's, instead of fixing the issue they have right now then raise prices to show us they are working hard and its gonna help us out with better tat, they chose to charge more and give worse service. Which is gonna be their downfall. Before raising prices u should make sure everything is running slow. Because there's ppl who still have orders of bulk from November still on received. And if its taking them over 3 months for their stuff, my bulk is 12/21 I can only imagine my order will not get to me until at least June. Which is the psa route lol

8 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Exactly they following all other company's, instead of fixing the issue they have right now then raise prices to show us they are working hard and its gonna help us out with better tat, they chose to charge more and give worse service. Which is gonna be their downfall. Before raising prices u should make sure everything is running slow. Because there's ppl who still have orders of bulk from November still on received. And if its taking them over 3 months for their stuff, my bulk is 12/21 I can only imagine my order will not get to me until at least June. Which is the psa route lol

Just wait until they start grading sports cards and bulk grading shippers start sending in 10,000+ cards a week. Raising prices and hope that people stop sending stuff has proven to be the wrong approach if they’re looking to reduce turnarounds however it’s great for maximizing profits.

Raise the price of bulk to $15/card to cut off 20% of current/new Bulk submission customers, easing the back-log bottleneck resulting in quicker cycle times on the higher tiers and bulk as well. CGC will make it back tenfold as more people use a quicker (but more expensive) Standard/Express tier as a logical economic trade off. 

No one wins when piles of low-tier cards sit around collecting dust because every Timmy wants to Bulk grade their common Charmanders from XY Evolutions. Price the Timmy's out CGC! 

2 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

Raise the price of bulk to $15/card to cut off 20% of current/new Bulk submission customers, easing the back-log bottleneck resulting in quicker cycle times on the higher tiers and bulk as well. CGC will make it back tenfold as more people use a quicker (but more expensive) Standard/Express tier as a logical economic trade off. 

No one wins when piles of low-tier cards sit around collecting dust because every Timmy wants to Bulk grade their common Charmanders from XY Evolutions. Price the Timmy's out CGC! 

LOL yeah I do agree about this actually. Im so sick of seeing stupid being graded. There is no logical reason to be grading regular GX and V cards that are bulk or the 100s of Japanese Charizard V / VMAXes from starter decks that keep getting graded. I had a buyer buy off me 10 Butterfree and Scizor VMAX for the sake of grading. At first I asked him "why the hell do you want to do that?" and he says "oh since Im getting them graded since none are on ebay". I even told him that was a stupid idea (which I probably shouldnt have since I wanted these cards gone) and yet he bought them anyway. Some of these people really should need a license to get out of bed in the morning.

34 minutes ago, Reg526 said:

Did you not bother to read anything I said lol? Its an industry issue. Its not an issue exclusive to CGC. Grading Pokemon is at an all time high. There isnt ever going to be a reputable company that will be quick and cheap forever. Even GMA has 40 day turn around times and they are the joke of the industry. If CGC gets like PSA then im sure more grading companies will emerge to replace them, but those new companies will probably deal with the same issues since that is how it is across the board. Regardless, I grade with CGC since they are the fastest. Maybe they might not be the fastest forever, but today they are and that is why I grade with them. 

Edited by mattyzeepgam

45 minutes ago, Reg526 said:

Just wait until they start grading sports cards and bulk grading shippers start sending in 10,000+ cards a week. Raising prices and hope that people stop sending stuff has proven to be the wrong approach if they’re looking to reduce turnarounds however it’s great for maximizing profits.

They jus like all other companies smh.they had a chance to be the leader.soon a new company will do the same thing as cgc with great tat and everyone gonna move on hoping they stay the same

42 minutes ago, PokemanDude90 said:

Why does it matter what ppl want graded. Jus like base set, every card is worth grading and have value. Should just stick to being good on tat.. not rob us for every bit of money and have us take forever 

26 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

Its an industry issue. Its not an issue exclusive to CGC.

So how exactly does cgc address this differently to prevent the "Industry Issue" from bogging them down? Oh they took the same approach that doesn't work.

27 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

There isnt ever going to be a reputable company that will be quick and cheap forever.

Correct. So why use the company that's going to bring less value to you if they're going to ultimately end up in the same boat..? What value does CGC bring over the competitors other than early turnaround times being lower?

30 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

If CGC gets like PSA then im sure more grading companies will emerge to replace them, but those new companies will probably deal with the same issues since that is how it is across the board.

Sooo what value do those have other than having slightly lower turnaround times to flip your sick nasty zard pulls before everyone else?

Regardless, I grade with CGC since they are the fastest. Maybe they might not be the fastest forever, but today they are and that is why I grade with them. 

Once again you have fastest confused with smaller backlog. They're only "Fastest" because they have less people utilizing their service and they've already shown to be getting backlogged and they took the same approach as their competitors that did not work to the issue. So I ask again, then what value does it bring to use cgc? They're already at 3 month turnaround times for bulk and growing.

2 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

Why does it matter what ppl want graded. Jus like base set, every card is worth grading and have value. Should just stick to being good on tat.. not rob us for every bit of money and have us take forever 

Because when you jam up the system with a bunch of bulk cards worth a dollar a piece, it takes away from CGC's resources. They only have so many graders to go around and if the system is jamed up with jank, then it will take longer to grade stuff. They cant hire infinite staff to grade everything and anything.

8 minutes ago, Reg526 said:

So how exactly does cgc address this differently to prevent the "Industry Issue" from bogging them down? Oh they took the same approach that doesn't work.

Correct. So why use the company that's going to bring less value to you if they're going to ultimately end up in the same boat..? What value does CGC bring over the competitors other than early turnaround times being lower?

Sooo what value do those have other than having slightly lower turnaround times to flip your sick nasty zard pulls before everyone else?

Once again you have fastest confused with smaller backlog. They're only "Fastest" because they have less people utilizing their service and they've already shown to be getting backlogged and they took the same approach as their competitors that did not work to the issue. So I ask again, then what value does it bring to use cgc? They're already at 3 month turnaround times for bulk and growing.

You answered your own question. 3 months verses 6-9 months. That alone is the selling point. Im not going to wait 6-9 months when I can have stuff graded in 3, even less since I dont like grading stuff in bulk. I mostly grade newer stuff in bulk and usually pick up anything from XY - on for lower than market value due to that. I usually wait at least 3 months to grade anything newer (if I even bother since I dont like buying much XY, Sun & Moon, or SWSH stuff) since the hype cools off and the market settles on the values.

And your talking about CGC like they just went out of business. They are making plenty of money and have plenty of happy customers. If they lose a few people, well so be it, thats going to happen with any business. Yeah I get it, they arent lightning fast and you cant flip new for easy money, but they work just fine for me. 

Edited by mattyzeepgam

18 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

You answered your own question. 3 months verses 6-9 months. That alone is the selling point. Im not going to wait 6-9 months when I can have stuff graded in 3, even less since I dont like grading stuff in bulk. I mostly grade newer stuff in bulk and usually pick up anything from XY - on for lower than market value due to that. I usually wait at least 3 months to grade anything newer (if I even bother since I dont like buying much XY, Sun & Moon, or SWSH stuff) since the hype cools off and the market settles on the values.

And your talking about CGC like they just went out of business. They are making plenty of money and have plenty of happy customers. If they lose a few people, well so be it, thats going to happen with any business. Yeah I get it, they arent lightning fast and you cant flip new for easy money, but they work just fine for me. 

I’m saying if cgc doesn’t provide as much or better value than psa/bgs while charging nearly the same price they’re ultimately doomed. The turnaround is all they have going for them at this time and it continues to increase and so do prices. They lose their competitive edge against the companies that have a larger market share and thus more desireable competition and cgc’s approach to maintaining their competitive edge has proven to fail. I’d wager PSA turnaround times come down sooner than CGC does at this point because they’ve had a head start using the same method and then what happens when the turnaround times are nearly identical?

Edited by Reg526

6 minutes ago, Reg526 said:

I’m saying if cgc doesn’t provide as much or better value than psa/bgs while charging nearly the same price they’re ultimately doomed. The turnaround is all they have going for them at this time and it continues to increase and so do prices. They lose their competitive edge against the companies that have a larger market share and thus more desireable competition and cgc’s approach to maintaining their competitive edge has proven to fail. I’d wager PSA turnaround times come down sooner than CGC does at this point because they’ve had a head start using the same method and then what happens when the turnaround times are nearly identical?

Logicistically speaking, CGC wont ever be slower than PSA since they only handle Pokemon and MTG while PSA deals with sports cards along with every TCG ever made. CGC isnt going to deal with sports cards, they have a seperate company for that.

In the end, they wont need an edge since they will be another player in a highly demanded market. I already explained before that outside of 9.5 vs 10, the card values are similar. Its why SGC cards are also now catching up. CGC also has its perfect/pristine 10s that go for more than psa 10s, so when you submit enough cards it will probably balance itself out valuewise providing your not just submitting junk all the time.

Terribly done how you gonna increase the prices so much after a few months? 75+7 per card with subgrades for walkthrough absolutely insane they are going to lose a lot of customers for this... their cards have not fully reached the value of psa an bgs it was getting there slowly but this is just going to push everyone away.