• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revenge grading now at CGC
4 4

189 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

You should also reflect on the thread and notice how no one seems to agree with you. That should tell you that maybe you need to do some of the things I suggested to get the community to turn on CGC with pitchforks.

Of course i know this would happen.  This IS A CGC forum.    But i want to give CGC a fair shot at explaining the strange events with this submission.  Like i said, this has not been posted on open non biased  forums yet.   I would love to support CGC, but it is hard to when things like this happens.  Everyone needs to remember, i sent 10 submissions to CGC and this was not the only problem.  All the other problems have be solved fairly ,not great, but fair.   Again, outside of this forum on youtube, my family post nice videos of CGC reveals.  All positive.     The ball is actually in CGC hands now.   I dont want favoritism , just consistency and fairness.   

these other problems have been solved fair.  I just lost time.

screenshot-www.cgccomics.com-2021.02.11-10_06_55.png

Edited by alohaboyz

You really need to take a step back and chill for a day or two man. You sound unhinged in this post. You're not owed any grade and bringing up your other submissions (which are irrelevant) makes you seem absolutely nuts. Please, for your sake, stop.

4 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

Of course i know this would happen.  This IS A CGC forum.    But i want to give CGC a fair shot at explaining the strange events with this submission.  Like i said, this has not been posted on open non biased  forums yet.   I would love to support CGC, but it is hard to when things like this happens.  Everyone needs to remember, i sent 10 submissions to CGC and this was not the only problem.  All the other problems have be solved fairly ,not great, but fair.   Again, outside of this forum on youtube, my family post nice videos of CGC reveals.  All positive.     The ball is actually in CGC hands now.   I dont want favoritism , just consistency and fairness.   

CGC doesnt monitor every forum and thread. But they do look into things posted in the Ask CGC section. Maybe you should this on the Ask CGC forum so they can respond.

Just now, Avi said:

CGC doesnt monitor every forum and thread. But they do look into things posted in the Ask CGC section. Maybe you should this on the Ask CGC forum so they can respond.

pretty sure someone told them about this thread.

3 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

I mean I’m pretty neutral considering I’ve never sent books to CGC. Well aware of them I am, sure, and how they grade comics and grading comics in general. I’m here for the hobby talk and of all the companies that grade comics, CGC seems the most consistent.

I’m just applying an equally logically counter argument. Not to defend CGC but rather to say your claim sounds like many that come on here randomly over the years threatening to take down CGC or that they were unfair or whatever. And I can tell you that everyone of those people disappear into oblivion and never return to share the actual truth.

My guess is they get their books (or in your case cards) back and they realize they complained about nothing are are too ashamed to come back and admit personal error. It’s a hard thing to do. 

I mean it’s that or CGC mafia puts a hit out on these folks....I’m gonna go with that theory. Prove me wrong!

3 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

pretty sure someone told them about this thread.

Don't listen to these CGC apologist negative Nellies.  You stay golden, pony boy.  

Consider this personal story from last year...

During the height of the pandemic, I order my groceries for pick up to limit contact. I do a fair bit of cooking so orders were made twice a week usually. For four straight months, everything worked great. I got everything I ordered, the fresh food was great, the service was great. And if substitutions had to be made, it always worked out.

Then, on maybe the 30 somethingth time order, I went to pick up and half my order was missing. I was like “hey where are these other items I ordered” and they said they weren’t on my order. What had happened?

Well rather than post about how terrible they were immediately because my order wasn’t right or yell and scream at the delivery person, I took a moment and looked. And sure enough I had made the error of not clicking save when I had tried to update my original order. Fault was mine. Frustrating but my fault. No need to internet hate the company. My error. I thanked the person, said I messed up and went home with my half grocery order.

Right now you are at the stage where you need to check your grocery order. Meaning look at these cards once in hand. Then you may have grounds to an actual issue with CGC if they messed up.

Just because your last grocery orders were entered perfectly doesn’t mean they all will be. 

Edited by comicginger1789

8 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Consider this personal story from last year...

During the height of the pandemic, I order my groceries for pick up to limit contact. I do a fair bit of cooking so orders were made twice a week usually. For four straight months, everything worked great. I got everything I ordered, the fresh food was great, the service was great. And if substitutions had to be made, it always worked out.

Then, on maybe the 30 somethingth time order, I went to pick up and half my order was missing. I was like “hey where are these other items I ordered” and they said they weren’t on my order. What had happened?

Well rather than post about how terrible they were immediately because my order wasn’t right or yell and scream at the delivery person, I took a moment and looked. And sure enough I had made the error of not clicking save when I had tried to update my original order. Fault was mine. Frustrating but my fault. No need to internet hate the company. My error. I thanked the person, said I messed up and went home with my half grocery order.

Right now you are at the stage where you need to check your grocery order. Meaning look at these cards once in hand. Then you may have grounds to an actual issue with CGC if they messed up.

This is different. This is grading cards. There are variables involved and nothing is perfect.  Well this is perfect Zero above 9.  compared to 9 other submissions.  There is not button pushing were i sent 4 cards and expected 50 back.    Everyone makes mistakes, and CGC is part of that everyone.   Explain why was the submission months late? is that my fault for sending a submission in OCT ?  Was it my fault that the other 9 submissions were sent back in time?  Many are not looking at consistency and obvious red flags.  This one submission was missing cards/switched, late, etc.

please look at the obvious . The dates., is that my fault for sending cards exactly as received by CGC and documented?  i have no control of what is going on once in CGC hands.   I think CGC need to check the order.

screenshot-www.cgccomics.com-2021.02.11-08_20_03 xxxxx.png

Edited by alohaboyz

kids, this is why u dont do drugs. u end up with threads like this. dont do drugs. or if you have a mental health issue, seek a professional.

this would be like if u were bleeding out and spent all night on reddit instead of calling 911

Edited by mattyzeepgam

34 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

You should also reflect on the thread and notice how no one seems to agree with you. That should tell you that maybe you need to do some of the things I suggested to get the community to turn on CGC with pitchforks.

And we're not CGC shills, either. Almost everyone will criticize CGC when they deserve it. I haven't been given any reason to do that regarding this case, though.

4 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

kids, this is why u dont do drugs. u end up with threads like this. dont do drugs. or if you have a mental health issue, seek a professional.

this would be like if u were bleeding out and spent all night on reddit instead of calling 9/11

did you just come back from the hospital, happy you checked yourself in.

5 minutes ago, mattyzeepgam said:

this would be like if u were bleeding out and spent all night on reddit instead of calling 911

This made me laugh way too hard. :roflmao:

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

And we're not CGC shills, either. Almost everyone will criticize CGC when they deserve it. I haven't been given any reason to do that regarding this case, though.

So this late Sub that should have reached me two months ago (after the 1st and before the 3rd sub).  I am at fault?  LOL

screenshot-www.cgccomics.com-2021.02.11-08_20_03 xxxxx.png

2 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Again, none of your posts answer any of my questions. And again, they highlight how you just seem upset that CGC may have graded harsher than other companies. You still sound and seem like an extreme amateur both in knowledge and behaviour regarding this whole thing. 

This thread is beginning to have a familiar tone...  hm

6 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

you trust these people here with women and kids on a youtube channel?    answer please.

yes, i do. no one wants to harass your wife/kids. i think we are all interested to see how you handle/store your cards and what you do with them... answered