• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revenge grading now at CGC
4 4

189 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Tell me why CGC is wrong, and then we can talk.

look at the results, 

*only when i complained on this forum the Oct 10 2020 submission magically gets graded.

*non of the other subs from the same collection had ZERO 9.5 or higher.

*only this "revenge" grade sub was delayed for months.

*This submission was a headache from the beginning, both my fault and CGC.

*I "think" this sub had a couple of Promos that CGC does not grade.  My fault

^This sub had someone else card switched with mine (a magic card , which i do not own) CGC fault

^been emailing, calling and finally posted about this submission for the last 2 months.

*have had cards damaged at CGC.  Do you all know how they solve the problem?  i do, because i had to deal with it

You can have all the explanations you want,  i have my suspicions on what happened and why their was a delay on just one sub of 10.   

Edited by alohaboyz

4 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

look at the results, 

*only when i complained on this forum the Oct 10 2020 submission magically gets graded.

*non of the other subs from the same collection had ZERO 9.5 or higher.

*only this "revenge" grade sub was delayed for months.

*This submission was a headache from the beginning, both my fault and CGC.

*I "think" this sub had a couple of Promos that CGC does not grade.  My fault

^This sub had someone else card switched with mine (a magic card , which i do not own) CGC fault

^been emailing, calling and finally posted about this submission for the last 2 months.

*have had cards damaged at CGC.  Do you all know how they solve the problem?  i do, because i had to deal with it

You can have all the explanations you want,  i have my suspicions on what happened and why their was a delay on just one sub of 10.   

None of this disagrees with the grades that CGC assigned. How are the grades incorrect?

15 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

My advice is call CGC then post the results 

I sent in a comic recently that I didn’t agree on the grade - still trying to figure out if it’s me or them 

yes, i will.  the proof is in the other 9 submissions ant 400+ cards graded.

Was indifferent about CGC before this last missing submission.  

Just really disappointed,  my kids and family post Youtube videos reveals and only post positive videos. (even though i complain here).

3 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

None of this disagrees with the grades that CGC assigned. How are the grades incorrect?

All 9 other subs have pretty much a consistent ratio of grades.    This "revenge" missing, delayed sub was totally different .   I posted screen shots and results of the susb just before and after this "revenge" sub. Basically same cards from the same collection.    This "revenge" sub was the only sub delayed for months.   Just strange both what happened time wise and grade wise.  They have been telling me this sub was in "grading/slab room" for months.  

Edited by alohaboyz

1 minute ago, alohaboyz said:

yes, i will.  the proof is in the other 9 submissions ant 400+ cards graded.

What do the other 9 submissions have to do with this one?  Being from the same collection and stored the same doesn't mean they will grade the same.  

All 9 other subs have pretty much a consistent ratio of grades.    This "revenge" missing, delayed sub was totally different .   I posted screen shots and results of the susb just before and after this "revenge" sub. Basically same cards from the same collection.    This "revenge" sub was the only sub delayed for months.   Just strange both what happened time wise and grade wise.  They have been telling me this sub was in "grading/slab room" for months. 

A crackpot conspiracy theory, then?

I can send in 25 comics that were all fresh, and stored correctly. Doesn't mean they're all 9.8s.

Just now, Angel of Death said:

A crackpot conspiracy theory, then?

I can send in 25 comics that were all fresh, and stored correctly. Doesn't mean they're all 9.8s.

the difference is the time frame, type of cards and data for all to see.  Look at the screen shot just days before and after this "revenge" sub.   Says it all.  dont forget, i have several other subs with consistent ratio.  Totally different from the "revenge" sub.   

the difference is the time frame, type of cards and data for all to see.  Look at the screen shot just days before and after this "revenge" sub.   Says it all.  dont forget, i have several other subs with consistent ratio.  Totally different from the "revenge" sub.   

That doesn't mean anything. All it looks like is that most of your lowest-graded cards are in 1 submission.

4 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

What do the other 9 submissions have to do with this one?  Being from the same collection and stored the same doesn't mean they will grade the same.  

the other 9 subs are same type of cards, same time frame.   These are not 10 subs spread over a few months or years of cards bought off ebay .  These are cards from the same "box" many times.  Same original owner and stored the same way .    I grade a lot of cards between CGC, PSA and BGS.     This is a strange submission with errors, missing or switched cards, delayed, mistakes .   Totally strange.  

Just now, Angel of Death said:

That doesn't mean anything. All it looks like is that most of your lowest-graded cards are in 1 submission.

so out of 500-1000 cards, i magically pick all 9 and below grades to put in just 1 sub of 10 subs?  That would be very difficult for even a professional grader to do if i gave them a 100 chances.  This is way off if you step back and understand the odds of something like this happening.  .  

So, basically, you are saying that if you don't get all 9 and 9.5 on your subs you will complain. I see a Haunter Deck card you subbed and it got an 8.5- The top to bottom centering is so far off I'd call 8.5 generous, I just don't see the issue.

8 minutes ago, OddBox said:

So, basically, you are saying that if you don't get all 9 and 9.5 on your subs you will complain. I see a Haunter Deck card you subbed and it got an 8.5- The top to bottom centering is so far off I'd call 8.5 generous, I just don't see the issue.

I dont expect to get all 9.5.   Keep your pick and choose theories coming.  This is another sub from a week after.  Same set of cards,  Explain how this sub has a totally different ratio of grades than the "revenge" sub.  same time ,same set of cards, same box manytimes.   Explain it.

This sub was fair and consistent with the other 8 subs.   

screenshot-www.cgccomics.com-2021.02.11-07_51_52 22222.png

Edited by alohaboyz

20 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

so out of 500-1000 cards, i magically pick all 9 and below grades to put in just 1 sub of 10 subs?  That would be very difficult for even a professional grader to do if i gave them a 100 chances.  This is way off if you step back and understand the odds of something like this happening.  .  

Actually, it isn't.