• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revenge grading now at CGC
4 4

189 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

I dont expect to get all 9.5.   Keep your pick and choose theories coming.  This is another sub from a week after.  Same set of cards,  Explain how this sub has a totally different ratio of grades than the "revenge" sub.  same time ,same set of cards, same box manytimes.   Explain it.

This sub was fair and consistent with the other 8 subs.   

screenshot-www.cgccomics.com-2021.02.11-07_51_52 22222.png

Sounds like you are upset with some grades because they weren't as high as another company....so then use the other company exclusively and don't bother with CGC.

Also, you do know that condition, while important, is far from the only way cards are graded. Unlike with comics, which CGC tends to be forgiving with manufacturing defects, cards are not that way at all. Centering, strike, etc. all play a huge roll. So until you get some pics of these supposedly "badly" graded cards, it is just you yelling about nothing. 

Just now, Angel of Death said:

Actually, it isn't.

lets see you do it.   Get 500 cards from the same era,same sets, same owner in basically the same condition.  Now assort the 500 cards into 10 submission.   with only One submission getting Zero 9.5's but all the other 9 submission have 9.5 and 10's in a consistent ratio.    That is not easy., easy to say, but very difficult to do.

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

Sounds like you are upset with some grades because they weren't as high as another company....so then use the other company exclusively and don't bother with CGC.

Also, you do know that condition, while important, is far from the only way cards are graded. Unlike with comics, which CGC tends to be forgiving with manufacturing defects, cards are not that way at all. Centering, strike, etc. all play a huge roll. So until you get some pics of these supposedly "badly" graded cards, it is just you yelling about nothing. 

WHAT?  10 submissions went to CGC.   the 'revenge" sub was way off the normal.  just look at the screen shots.  

5 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

WHAT?  10 submissions went to CGC.   the 'revenge" sub was way off the normal.  just look at the screen shots.  

Okay....like I said, post pics of these poorly graded cards. Share the notes. You are just posting a grade and saying they did a bad job in comparison to other batches you sent. Prove it beyond just posting the grade. Show me your cards you think are 9.0-9.5 that were graded 6.5-8.0 or whatever and then you have me interested in your supposed dilemma. Until then, you are just whining because you did not get what you wanted. 

Edited by comicginger1789

8 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Okay....like I said, post pics of these poorly graded cards. Share the notes. You are just posting a grade and saying they did a bad job in comparison to other batches you sent. Prove it beyond just posting the grade. Show me your cards you think are 9.0-9.5 that were graded 6.5-8.0 or whatever and then you have me interested in your supposed dilemma. Until then, you are just whining because you did not get what you wanted. 

i posted screen shots of subs the same week that were finished in time and fair.  This one "revenge" sub was a couple months late and only appeared this week when i posted on this forum.  They told me it was in the "grading / slab room" for months.    The data is all there.  look at the screen shots. then comeback .  It is all  here in this thread.

1 minute ago, alohaboyz said:

i posted screen shots of subs the same week that were finished in time and fair.  This one "revenge" sub was a couple months late and only appeared this week when i posted on this forum.  They told me it was in the "grading / slab room" for months.    The data is all there.  look at the screen shots. then comeback .  It is all  here in this thread.

You have posted nothing. Posting a bunch of lower grades doesn't mean diddly to me. It means you think they dinged you. But did you look at WHY they might have dinged you? Did you look at grader's notes? Have you seen these 6.5 and 7.0 and 7.5 cards and compared to others in that grade to determine if they legitimately screwed you or (and here is something to consider that might blow your mind) maybe they really are those grades? No you have not done that. Until you do, you are just a mad whiner. Show some images OF THE CARDS, not of CGC's grades. Show some images OF THE GRADER NOTES. 

Also how long have you been "grading" cards? I am curious because if it is something you just recently picked up or started doing, my guess is this is your first taste of "hey maybe I am not as good at self grading cards as I thought" and that's okay. Happened to me with comics....took a solid 20 years of self grading to even feel 75% confident when I self grade a book. 

13 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Also how long have you been "grading" cards? I am curious because if it is something you just recently picked up or started doing, my guess is this is your first taste of "hey maybe I am not as good at self grading cards as I thought" and that's okay. Happened to me with comics....took a solid 20 years of self grading to even feel 75% confident when I self grade a book. 

You mean my $1,000- $10,000+ pokemon cards?  They go to PSA.  This PSA sub was the same week of the "revenge" sub.

screenshot-www.psacard.com-2021.02.11-08_25_05sdfdfsd.png

Edited by alohaboyz

6 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

You mean the Same more difficult cards (holo) from the exact same set i sent to CGC?

These are the HOLO's from the same set.  Again, i use PSA, BGS and CGC for different strengths they each have.  These went to BGS for chances at black label.   again same week as the CGC 'Revenge" sub and PSA express above.   

screenshot-www.beckett.com-2021.02.11-08_27_36.png

Just now, alohaboyz said:

You mean the Same more difficult cards (holo) from the exact same set i sent to CGC?

These are the HOLO's from the same set.  Again, i use PSA, BGS and CGC for different strengths they each have.  These went to BGS for chances at black label.   again same week as the CGC 'Revenge" sub and PSA express above.   

screenshot-www.beckett.com-2021.02.11-08_27_36.png

Again, none of your posts answer any of my questions. And again, they highlight how you just seem upset that CGC may have graded harsher than other companies. You still sound and seem like an extreme amateur both in knowledge and behaviour regarding this whole thing. 

I assume you can read....I hope....when you share some grader notes or pictures of these supposedly "revenge" graded cards that should be perfect according to you, I will take interest. Until then, you keep on stewing. 

2 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Again, none of your posts answer any of my questions. And again, they highlight how you just seem upset that CGC may have graded harsher than other companies. You still sound and seem like an extreme amateur both in knowledge and behaviour regarding this whole thing. 

I assume you can read....I hope....when you share some grader notes or pictures of these supposedly "revenge" graded cards that should be perfect according to you, I will take interest. Until then, you keep on stewing. 

again, look at the subs.   It is all there.   

10 subs,.  9 subs consistent ratio.    Also some  PSA and BGS with consistent grading on more conditions sensitive and expensive cards.    Do all that first , then come back.  All i see is people that do not grade enough bulk with various top tier companies  in a short time frame so cannot see what happened and in denial.

I get that the average grade was a bit lower for your 10th batch than the prior 9.  You've got data showing that.  It's the 'revenge' claim that has no support from what I've read and comes across as a conspiracy theory from someone unhappy with a set of grades.

Consider the alternative possibility that CGC grading is not completely uniform over time, and with multiple graders one can sometimes get results that reflect subtle differences in grading approach or opinion.

Edited by namisgr

9 minutes ago, namisgr said:

I get that the average grade was a bit lower for your 10th batch than the prior 9.  You've got data showing that.  It's the 'revenge' claim that has no support from what I've read and comes across as a conspiracy theory from someone unhappy with a set of grades.

Consider the alternative possibility that CGC grading is not completely uniform over time, and with multiple graders one can sometimes get results that reflect subtle differences in grading approach or opinion.

Yes,  that is another factor.  inconsistency within the company.  New graders trying to make a statement. (happens within all grading companies)    But that is not the only problem with this particular submission.   This was a Oct 2020 submission that has not in my hands yet,   Missing, switching cards?  late, excuses, inconsistent and just a overall bad experience.   I will post more problems with this submission, it does not stop at just grades.

Note:  this was my 2nd submission of 10.  But this 2nd "revenge" submission was just finished grading this week.  The other 9 submission were on time and fair. and inhand  long ago

Edited by alohaboyz

5 minutes ago, alohaboyz said:

Yes,  that is another factor.  inconsistency within the company.  New graders trying to make a statement. (happens within all grading companies)    But that is not the only problem with this particular submission.   This was a Oct 2020 submission that has not in my hands yet,   Missing, switching cards?  late, excuses, inconsistent and just a overall bad experience.   I will post more problems with this submission, it does not stop at just grades.

I will send you a pack of pokemon cards if you change and KEEP the title of this thread to, "The Wheels Are in Motion II: Pokemon Edition."  Then start the thread off with. "Do you know, as SICK as it sounds, they REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY are."

@jsilverjanet Thanks for the tag!

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, nickdrizzle said:

Somebody call the wambulance! I bet aliens intercepted and damaged the package on the way to cgc. All cards always come out of packs as 10s duh

Different submission same time frame. Something you will never understand.

screenshot-www.cgccomics.com-2021.02.11-07_51_52 22222.png

Let CGC come and have a say.   Right now i have not posted about this outside of this CGC forum.  My family posts pro CGC videos on Youtube.  so it is not like i hate CGC.   Right now , i want a honest explanation for why this submission was bouncing around at CGC for months and when i posted the problem here this week , it suddenly gets graded with grades totally not consistent with 9 other submission results.

Obviously , something was going on with this submission.

screenshot-www.cgccomics.com-2021.02.11-08_20_03 xxxxx.png

Do you have a batch of grades inconsistent with other batches? Yes

Does that mean CGC automatically messed up and is screwing you on purpose? No

Have you shown people here ANY evidence of the actual cards to support your claims that CGC graded you harsh out of spite or for whatever reason? No

You have provided no evidence other than that one batch seems inconsistent with the other. Until you provide visual evidence of the cards themselves you have no case here.

1 hour ago, alohaboyz said:

All 9 other subs have pretty much a consistent ratio of grades.    This "revenge" missing, delayed sub was totally different .   I posted screen shots and results of the susb just before and after this "revenge" sub. Basically same cards from the same collection.    This "revenge" sub was the only sub delayed for months.   Just strange both what happened time wise and grade wise.  They have been telling me this sub was in "grading/slab room" for months.  

Why do you think CGC is taking revenge on you?