• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC COMIC BOOK FORM MEMBERS HALL OF FAME: PLEASE NOMINATE WITH EXPLANATION
7 7

371 posts in this topic

Just now, Jeffro. said:

I listened to Mike and The Mad Dog once and I thought I was going to lose IQ points because of it. 

So what you are saying is that I made the right meme for this thread... 

3 hours ago, toro said:

For me, the Babe Ruth of the boards was @nik and if you were ever to have a real Hall of Fame here he would need to be the first enshrined.

I've said this many times. That thread where he went ballistic on " Piglet " should be standard reading for anyone who joins.

The notion of a message board hall of fame is pretty laughable.  But, if I were going to nominate anyone, it would be based on quality of posts, not quantity (longevity would matter, but not number of posts), so I might be on board with 10+ years but not 10,000 plus posts (that just encourages spam).  And if I were going to name some of the posters who have conveyed the highest quality info they would be heavy on the GA and include the following not mentioned so far:

Bangzoom

ECcomics

Moondog

and many others not mentioned on this thread so far.

Silly idea, I think.

32 minutes ago, Park said:
42 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

I listened to Mike and The Mad Dog once and I thought I was going to lose IQ points because of it. 

“Thought”

You did, bro. You did.

No, that was from listening to you

5 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
43 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Clearly you did:baiting:

I'm settin' em up and you guys are knockin' em down :banana:

44 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
45 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

So what you are saying is that I made the right meme for this thread... 

Yes.

And Park spoiled what was going to be my quad tap. Park spoils everything. I nominate him

12 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

The notion of a message board hall of fame is pretty laughable.  But, if I were going to nominate anyone, it would be based on quality of posts, not quantity (longevity would matter, but not number of posts), so I might be on board with 10+ years but not 10,000 plus posts (that just encourages spam).  And if I were going to name some of the posters who have conveyed the highest quality info they would be heavy on the GA and include the following not mentioned so far:

Bangzoom

ECcomics

Moondog

and many others not mentioned on this thread so far.

Silly idea, I think.

Originally when I saw the thread I had similar thoughts.  Then I did give it a few minutes of thought, and came up with a quick list of those who's posts I thought had real value and contribution. Which I listed. Then I realized this was headed more toward a " Friday Thread " and well. As was said earlier, The rest was written. 

I do agree there still are many who have not been named that do and would definitely deserve to be in a HOF.  If there was one,  but like you,  I thought some of those at least should be mentioned. That way  those who do not know may actually find some of the amazing contributions from the ones that indeed were noted. 

34 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

What? No Beerbohm nomination? 

Unfortunately his board life was cut ridiculously short by the "party". Yes he was controversial, yes he has  unparalleled knowledge of the platinum age (see Overstreet), yes he was there from the beginning as a collector, dealer, and true comic book collector...with flaws...yes and who does not have them. We lost a tremendous resource on this board in which facebook gained. Yes he had the 1960's burn it down mentality. But it is WE the collective board knowledge that lost out, we have  was witnessed  many classic threads being deleted out of existence. Those, which were very vigorously debated, are gone forever, the "party: has erased them from existence and our memory. Hence controlling the past also controls the present and future.

It is in the sprit of this loss, we must NEVER forget who build this foundation of the CGC boards, who by the are the best in the world, most knowledgeable, and most accessible in the comic book/art collecting world today 2021. And yet what exists today is only a banishment list...that is wrong until now..

Please take a minute today, to at least remember our fallen victims who have come, flamed out, and no longer exist according to Big Brother. There are always two sides to every story...and I  fully believe in rehabilitation, that Men and Women can change, and that second chance should be given to those who have atoned or realized their mistakes. It time to create a CGC COMIC BOOK BOARD CLEMENCY LIST ???..... in the spirit of mercy and lenience. 

Edited by Mmehdy