• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC COMIC BOOK FORM MEMBERS HALL OF FAME: PLEASE NOMINATE WITH EXPLANATION
7 7

371 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
13 hours ago, comicwiz said:

And for trying to bring these boards together through contests or giveaways, @nik @thirdgreenham and @DR.X with honourable mention of @sckao for tabulating and putting up those sweet spreadsheets.

:sorry:

Yeah, I'd have added Blowie to this if he hadn't abandoned us in our hour of need this year for March Madness.

On 2/16/2021 at 2:05 AM, Mmehdy said:

I do not think it is issues or that Cal acutally has issues, merely the way he communicates. Once you understand  CAL, then you get it. Lets take his selection of IM/SB1...it is pure genius. You get two #1's for the price of admission, plus it was a one shot issue  which was UNIQUE. Rather than have this issue be forgottern Cal has ingrained in our collective comic book CGC board mind, that there is real value on that issue. I bought that issue off the newstands and thinking how cool it was." Buzz" I disagree Cal us a survivor, a true comc book collector, who not only partisipates on these boards, but does so in a uniquie style for anybody else. With 10 K in posts, Poetry in motion Cal speak*, and the interest he generates, my choice was no brainer to our Hall of Fame. It is time to induct a second member...who amoung you will take up this challenge...and name number TWO......

*Footnote: "Calspeak": I am hoping someone will name me number 6...for" I am a free man and not a number"

I hear Cal is the new Jimmy.  :gossip:

GG...who does not hear voices. :wishluck:

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

There are some that can be forgiven but that does not necessarily mean that they should have a place at the table. 

Go check out what people have done in the HOS...

There was one player this year that did something that to me is very destructive to the hobby.  While he can be forgiven, I am a strong advocate that no one should ever buy from or sell to him again.   Some people can be redeemed and others need to serve a reminder to others what not to do.  That's why some people in the real world go to jail for life. 

Yeah I wasn't meaning to imply that there should never be a permanent ban for anyone. Committing criminal acts or fraudulent acts are a different animal.

My path to redemption statement wouldn't apply to anyone who committed an act that would be considered criminal or fraudulent. 

23 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

Dude - he is not talking about the Gerber photo journals guy - he is talking about Eggsackley from the Boards.  This is why people don't give monkeys hand grenades. 

:roflmao:

2 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Dude - he is not talking about the Gerber photo journals guy - he is talking about Eggsackley from the Boards.  This is why people don't give monkeys hand grenades. 

opps...my bad, but the photo books did kick it....great stuff...but it hits right on point...who are these people...forgotten, misidentified, I would like to know about the builders of this form, it was the members who made it what it is today....we need a HOF, a history of CGC board participants who made it great. "Classic"  response..maybe you should be next...42K posts.....

Edited by Mmehdy

7 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

opps...my bad, but the photo books did kick it....great stuff...but it hits right on point...who are these people...forgotten, misidentified, I would like to know about the builders of this form, it was the members who made it what it is today....we need a HOF, a history of CGC board participants who made it great. "Classic"  response..maybe you should be next...42K posts.....

Forum

Or is it form in the title on purpose?:shy:

:whatthe:

2 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Yes, we've had some real winners here in the past. Threats of violence against boardies, crooks, thieves, scammers. Remember the guy who PMed comicdonna that he was going to shoot him in the head? How about the guy who went to jail for rape. He was an ex-cop. Those examples are extreme and while I am all for redemption for those who show they are worthy of that redemption there are some people that should never be allowed back. 

Edited by IkewithMike

9 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Remember the guy who PMed comicdonna that he was going to shoot him in the head? How about the guy who went to jail for rape. He was an ex-cop.

was this before my time?

10 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

muscleshark, absolute creep

Yeah.

Also to clarify, I believe it was Muscleshark that was the one that PMd Comicdonna.

The other guy is RonM. 

First of all. Don't call it a 'Hall of Fame'. It's become a tacky title.

Secondly, make it a thread that can only be a) accessed by a mod to put someone in and b) emoji'd by the rest of us. We can call it the CGC Honor Thread.

Third, it should be reserved for people of the utmost respect. And that's a small percentage of people here. Nik was before my time, but I've never heard even a bad WHISPER about the guy, and Howard was about the nicest, most well liked, helpful, knowledgeable about his specialty person he could be. 

I say... nominate these two and have a vote poll - you have to have at least 10,000 posts to vote - and as long as they both get over 85% of yes (they will), then they become the first two enshrined. Once they have received the votes needed, someone (or two or three) who was close to them can write a post about the person and why they are being honored as such. 

There it can remain for all to see. For as long as we're here.

We remember the sh*t birds, it'd be nice to remember the good guys as well. 

5 minutes ago, Pontoon said:
35 minutes ago, Park said:
48 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

muscleshark, absolute creep

Yeah.

Also to clarify, I believe it was Muscleshark that was the one that PMd Comicdonna.

Expand  

And he's an Overstreet advisor to boot.

Yikes.

Not a very high bar to get that title in some cases.

6 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

And he's an Overstreet advisor to boot.

What is going on with Overstreet Advisor positions? I keep hearing this about people who definitely should not be. :facepalm: