• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BRZRKR
1 1

55 posts in this topic

Surprised to not see more conversation around here considering how high the preorders were. I don't think there's much spec potential here except for some of the high ratio variants but the story was surprisingly strong. The premise is kind of weak (unstoppable killer, mysterious past, government secrets ops, etc.) but the narrative worked really well on top of the action-focused art. It was definitely a quick read but the first issue ends with an intriguing setup for future issues. I'm in for the whole twelve issues.  

2 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

Surprised to not see more conversation around here considering how high the preorders were. I don't think there's much spec potential here except for some of the high ratio variants but the story was surprisingly strong. The premise is kind of weak (unstoppable killer, mysterious past, government secrets ops, etc.) but the narrative worked really well on top of the action-focused art. It was definitely a quick read but the first issue ends with an intriguing setup for future issues. I'm in for the whole twelve issues.  

I plan to grab a copy today to read, which will provide some background for when this becomes a movie. Like you said, no spec here, but I think the story has been brewing for a while, so nice to see it come to life 

3 hours ago, Ryan. said:

I enjoyed it and will at least give the 1st 3 a chance to see where it goes.  If it keeps my attention I will grab all 12.  I passed on the 1-per store and only going for the main cover.

14 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Flipped thru it and put it back.

Thought the artwork was poor.  

Kindt is intriguing, not so much w/ Reeves.

Patrick

The only reason it is popular is because of the name and image attached to the book. I agree that the art could have been better. 

Talked to the LCS manager earlier today about this as he just got his 1/1000 back as a 9.8. Beautiful book.

He said they are allowing full returns while keeping variant covers, he is expecting to send 500+ back, so while 600k may have been ordered, most of those are getting the covers ripped off and sent back for credits while keeping the variants. Long term this may have some actual potential if 400k+ get returned lol

On 4/11/2021 at 4:40 AM, HotKey said:

Talked to the LCS manager earlier today about this as he just got his 1/1000 back as a 9.8. Beautiful book.

He said they are allowing full returns while keeping variant covers, he is expecting to send 500+ back, so while 600k may have been ordered, most of those are getting the covers ripped off and sent back for credits while keeping the variants. Long term this may have some actual potential if 400k+ get returned lol

Is that how credits on unsold are sent back?????

Anyone else concerned about this ongoing trend here where new books are now being ordered in excessive quantity for investment purposes similar to the 90s?  I visited several shops this past weekend and they all had HUGE stacks of this book on their shelves.  One store even had a dedicated section for BRZRKR where they labelled it as a "Great Investment Opportunity" and offered discounts of buying them in bulks of 10 and 25 copies lot.  This is something I haven't seen since the market crashed back in the late 90s.

I cant believe the discussion over this book. The print run is enormous. Great for a retailer with the incentive
covers. Other then that even if they rip up 400k copies there is still 200k out there. As long as you convince 
another sucker great, but don't try to kid people here this book is very plentiful.

On 4/14/2021 at 3:33 PM, fastballspecial said:

I cant believe the discussion over this book. The print run is enormous. Great for a retailer with the incentive
covers. Other then that even if they rip up 400k copies there is still 200k out there. As long as you convince 
another sucker great, but don't try to kid people here this book is very plentiful.

And these are selling for 200 already https://www.ebay.com/itm/SOLD-OUT-BRZRKR-1-3rd-ptg-Foil-Mora-NM-PREORDER-Keanu-CGC-9-8-Rare-/294124150768?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286