• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie or tv show you should watch at least once
3 3

951 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Bird said:

He is a GREAT actor. Wifey and I saw his one man A Christmas Carol waaaaay back in the day on Broadway, stellar.

If you want to see another side of Patrick Stewart (meaning his backside!) watch this one

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSjILejqjo3LsR50AZjHgL

Sir steward was great in men in tight a movie already mentionned his cameo was rigjt on target

13 minutes ago, vheflin said:

Patrick Stewart reminds me of Ben Kingsley which reminds me of this modern mob classic

beast.thumb.jpg.8b151bbd763581d479267b084f4f5054.jpg

never heard of it but it goes right on my list, thanks! (i just told wifey about this and who was in it and she said "OMG, we're all over that!", she has heard of the movie but nothing other than the title

In my late teens my parents would watch Ian McShane in Lovejoy and I now have the dvds and my kids loved it! Well before Deadwood, which is a must see McShane performance as well. But my heart has a soft spot for Lovejoy!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlo8WbgMkvLfdbtauDqRN

Edited by Bird

6 minutes ago, Bird said:

never heard of it but it goes right on my list, thanks!

In my late teens my parents would watch Ian McShane in Lovejoy and I now have the dvds and my kids loved it! Well before Deadwood, which is a must see McShane performance as well. But my heart has a soft spot for Lovejoy!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlo8WbgMkvLfdbtauDqRN

yes Lovejoy is great and very funny, good that your family likes it

Sexy Beast is must see, here's Ben Kingsley doing the GOAT gangster performance

8 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

I quit watching after the divorce , I don’t remember there being two separate shows ?.

My memory has been failing a little bit as a Gen X'er (had to add that for the troll who called me Boomer!) but I’m pretty sure there were two shows afterwards I know there was the Cher show but I think Sonny had a show for just a few weeks as well

Edited by Bird

okay, had to get off the phone and come down to computer to find it

MV5BNDU3OWE3ZDUtZmNlMS00NGFmLWJmMzItYWE1250px-Cher_-_The_Cher_Show_opening.jpg

apparently sonny and cher until 1974, divorce and those 2 above in 74/75, back together for sonny and cher show in 1976

On September 23, 1974, one day after Bono's show premiered, CBS signed Cher to host her own solo variety show, set to begin airing at 7:30 p.m. Sunday nights in February 1975.[3] This would have put the shows in direct competition. However, Sonny's show was cancelled before that could happen

Joey Heatherton! The basis for Catherine O'Hara's Lola Heatherton, "HA!" (along with Lola Falana I guess)

I still got it!

533c8bec87b14.preview-699.jpg?crop=699,3

Edited by Bird