• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie or tv show you should watch at least once
3 3

951 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Not the best john wayne movie by any means but its fun to see him in something completly different.in japan?

barbarian_and_the_geisha_1958_insert_original_film_art_f_1200x.jpg

barbarian.jpeg

yeah, not the best one by far!!! but fun, yes

I like this one, on tv a lot and has his sons in the movie played by his real son and Robert Mitchum's son.

MV5BYTAzNzI1M2ItYmE5YS00NTI2LWJiYTgtNDU0

Who the hell are you?

Jacob McHandles

I thought you were dead

Not hardly!

Edited by Bird

1 minute ago, marmat said:

I Don't know if it was mentioned yet, but any Hayao Miyazaky/Sudio Ghibli movie is a must. 

Laputa Castle in the Sky is my favorite, along with Cagliostro

they are in here somewhere for sure, but another post may get more eyes on those movies so it is all good!

1 minute ago, marmat said:

I Don't know if it was mentioned yet, but any Hayao Miyazaky/Sudio Ghibli movie is a must. 

Laputa Castle in the Sky is my favorite, along with Cagliostro

Great ones yes miyazaki was mentioned but studio ponoc was not if you liked ghibli youll love ponoc its from animators originately was from ghibli

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I watch this movie every St Patrick's Day, for at least 40 years or so. my mother loved it and TBS would show it each year. Then they would cut 30 seconds here or there to add a commercial so I bought the VHS. Then VHS died so I bought the DVD. I will likely just stream it this year instead of digging out the DVD.

It is a lovely love story with one heck of a fight in it. It was such a hit the essentially recreated the chaos in another Wayne / O'Hara movie later on (the one with the mud pit). There is a little bit of a slow part when they run off as they are courting but stick with it.

And Ireland looks so beautiful. A John Ford masterpiece.

maxresdefault.jpg

A st Patrick’s staple along with “ Darby o ‘Gill and the little people “

8 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

One of the few instances where I prefer the remake 

Bale and crowe were amazing,like i said its good its two diferent take on the pulp fiction novela.i think the two movies complete one another

image.thumb.jpeg.4aefbbbe571908c597ae04340dc277c9.jpeg

a cool movie that came out during a very different world from where we are now starring two of the best actors in the biz .. Gene Hackman is one of all time faves and he always brought his A game , even if the film was a clunker , but for the most part - he was in some gems , most of which already listed ... the following below are some staples

image.jpeg.342a59d6d8d4f7b7de1af702c4e956ee.jpeg

image.jpeg.5d9e50e4fda3b9ad10f59e1875feaba3.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.01807559bd6fb1693998dc6249db62ae.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.6b3dcb97dd624436718e2972eafc7a2d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0683b383af8707e4d50f62f104ed0f3f.jpeg

Edited by Old_Man_Adam

1 minute ago, csaag said:

I think I've been thru every page and don't recall seeing this but another fav Burt Reynolds movie:

51NSM9NQ5ML._AC_.jpg

NOT THE SANDLER REMAKE!

The original is awesome.

I suggest you can make it a football two-fer with this one

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHArpRNpOYKfIeQG4wFBu

2 minutes ago, csaag said:

being a Broad Street Bullies fan -

Slap Shot (1977) - IMDb

early HBO, you had a key that could lock out the signal for parental control...I am having a friend sleep over (I would have been 11/12) and we are in the tv room about 9 pm and mom and dad are in their bedroom, we are all watching Slap Shot. Scene comes on where woman in bed with sheets to her neck pulls down the sheet and Paul N is lying on her naked chest...Mom comes into the room midscene, turns the key and shuts down HBO and takes it to her room without a word.

Good times