• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie or tv show you should watch at least once
3 3

951 posts in this topic

I have not really jumped at the shows , but before I say the next movie I definitely have to add the show Stranger Things.71OB1IywjLL._AC_SY679_.jpg.b27b9ecf0d49f2055e6afa17674952f0.jpgthose that have seen both this show and the movie I reccomend now will understand.  Super_8_Poster.jpg.392df7c6bd851f59b97a49b05cbcd1e8.jpg

well, I turned wifey on to the thread and told her to pick something to see. She offered up Goon and Boondocks Saints and we went with Boondock Saints. Very good, I was predisposed against it but it won me over. I guessed the surprise right away, I mean right away but it didn't matter. It was fun and of course DeFoe was awesome; just the right amount of over the top without going too far I thought.

Now I won't be watching every movie, Team America comes to mind!, but some good suggestions here for a few weeks worth of watching.

14 minutes ago, Bird said:

well, I turned wifey on to the thread and told her to pick something to see. She offered up Goon and Boondocks Saints and we went with Boondock Saints. Very good, I was predisposed against it but it won me over. I guessed the surprise right away, I mean right away but it didn't matter. It was fun and of course DeFoe was awesome; just the right amount of over the top without going too far I thought.

Now I won't be watching every movie, Team America comes to mind!, but some good suggestions here for a few weeks worth of watching.

Were up to 6000 views thats a great start,each time we log to this thread do they recount us or is there really 6k people that viewed it for real?and were just beginning lol

21 minutes ago, Bird said:

Yes that is a good choice.  Now you will have to catch the sequel.  You will not be disappointed.  1224248388_tenor(11).gif.eb12477aba754367a22fe372c00846c7.gif

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Yes that is a good choice.  Now you will have to catch the sequel.  You will not be disappointed.  1224248388_tenor(11).gif.eb12477aba754367a22fe372c00846c7.gif

okay Fa(t) Man

:whatthe:

we will watch it, not sure when but we already agreed to see it

16 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Just unique,many tried to copy that success but that movie is unique,many underwater movie that year and few years later.that one was still on top,the blue hand joke didnt hurt heiter lol

51F8XXKPNCL._AC_SY445_.jpg

12 minutes ago, Namtak said:

20 thousound  leagues under the sea disney version quite the visual adventure.plus that squid séquence....what its no spoiler its on the poster lol

p3200_p_v10_ag.jpg

Two Very good selections.  Miss the Ol' Disney Ride. :cry:Tokyo-DisneySea-20000-Leagues-Under-the-Sea-025-min.thumb.jpg.1e4f846e1c7c01e7a6dacce3e330530f.jpg20kmk2_s.jpg.9c5633baddeb86826fac1ca02e118cee.jpg

5 hours ago, Bird said:

Find time for Goon. You won't regret it.

:foryou:

9 hours ago, Galen130 said:

Anyone mention this series yet?  One of my all time favorites...

20210313_203746.jpg

Met the author when I was going through U.S. Army Infantry Basic Officer Course. He asked if he could sign a copy for me. We were so overwhelmed with all the training manuals and field guides I thanked him but told him not to worry.

:facepalm:

Man, I do I regret that decision afterwards.

One movie that fascinate me is silence,yes its a religion movie,but in a very different light than we are used to,cant say why it would spoil the movie,what i can say is ,im not a religious guy ,dont like those kind of movie,but its based on true events plus it takes place in japan.got me curious ,scorsese outdid himself in this one,you dont have to be a believer of any kind to apreciate the movie.

Silence-3.jpg

Edited by Namtak

I watch this movie every St Patrick's Day, for at least 40 years or so. my mother loved it and TBS would show it each year. Then they would cut 30 seconds here or there to add a commercial so I bought the VHS. Then VHS died so I bought the DVD. I will likely just stream it this year instead of digging out the DVD.

It is a lovely love story with one heck of a fight in it. It was such a hit the essentially recreated the chaos in another Wayne / O'Hara movie later on (the one with the mud pit). There is a little bit of a slow part when they run off as they are courting but stick with it.

And Ireland looks so beautiful. A John Ford masterpiece.

maxresdefault.jpg