• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie or tv show you should watch at least once
3 3

951 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Namtak said:

Lol its confusing sometimes

It can be . Especially when some movies have the same of similar titles . I am amazed that I can keep most of them straight in my head. Considering how many of them I have seen. ( note all the movies I have shared so far and that isn't even scratching the surface and I have barely mentioned shows as of yet.) lol

And now for something completely different, and I don't mean Monty Python.

A friend of mine, who I've worked with for a dozen years, along with his best friend wrote, produced and starred in a local indie movie they made.

They filmed a dinner scene at a local bar in my area. My wife and I got to be background actors. 

We spent about five and a half hours to film what ended up a seven and a half minute scene.  My back was to the camera the entire time as my wife wanted to be facing it.

In the end we got in several shots, even in different locations in the bar due to the way they edited it.  Plus we got our names in the credits.

So I hope one day everyone gets the say this was a movie you should see.  Not that they ever planned to release it theatrically, they're hoping a streaming service eventually picks it up.  They submitted it to a few foreign film festivals and have picked up a couple awards.

image.png.524dfcb2f22ef4c2227bee96d1a087b3.png

5 minutes ago, csaag said:

And now for something completely different, and I don't mean Monty Python.

A friend of mine, who I've worked with for a dozen years, along with his best friend wrote, produced and starred in a local indie movie they made.

They filmed a dinner scene at a local bar in my area. My wife and I got to be background actors. 

We spent about five and a half hours to film what ended up a seven and a half minute scene.  My back was to the camera the entire time as my wife wanted to be facing it.

In the end we got in several shots, even in different locations in the bar due to the way they edited it.  Plus we got our names in the credits.

So I hope one day everyone gets the say this was a movie you should see.  Not that they ever planned to release it theatrically, they're hoping a streaming service eventually picks it up.  They submitted it to a few foreign film festivals and have picked up a couple awards.

image.png.524dfcb2f22ef4c2227bee96d1a087b3.png

Did they add your chatboard name cause that would be legend-wait-for-it-dary

Just now, Namtak said:

Did they add your chatboard name cause that would be legend-wait-for-it-dary

With the How I Met Your Mother quote. ^^

A great show that should be watched in its entirety.  

46 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Definitely enjoyed all of these. Passengers, in my opinion, was really good.

Sunshine was pretty creepy....along the lines of this one...

A65BB1DB-32A2-4955-A0B6-9F1D438F18CF.jpeg

A few more movies that I either meant something to me as a kid or I just thoroughly enjoyed.

Finding Forrester

See the source image

Space Camp (always wanted to go - cousins got to go :censored:)

See the source image

Red Dawn (original not remake)

See the source image

The Color of Money ( a sequel, kind of, to The Hustler)

See the source image

The Last Dragon ("Who's the master?")

See the source image

Edited by Capn17
Typo

3 minutes ago, Capn17 said:

A few more movies that I either meant something to me as a kid or I just thoroughly enjoyed.

Finding Forrester

See the source image

Space Cam (always wanted to go - cousins got to go :censored:)

See the source image

Red Dawn (original not remake)

See the source image

The Color of Money ( a sequel, kind of, to The Hustler)

See the source image

The Last Dragon ("Who's the master?")

See the source image

All good choices! 

2 minutes ago, csaag said:

He should've turned that into the Fantastic Four movie rather than the turd he made of it

Nobody could of saved that movie.  

Edited by Capn17
Typo