• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 2/19/2022 at 12:35 PM, szav said:

Being a huge fan of the Witcher games I was really excited about Cyberpunk … but bad review after bad review, especially as they related to bugs and glitches kept me from getting it ahead of other games.  

I had been planning to wait a while till they fixed it up, and I’m Not sure it’s true or not, but even the latest I read a few weeks ago said it’s still a mess.

It’s still a huge mess. If you have the ps4 physical edition, the latest patch breaks the game entirely (as in, it won’t work) it’s barely at what they promised us at launch, and it only runs well on next gen. There’s just so much bad taste with this game that I feel it will never recover.

On 2/19/2022 at 6:01 PM, jaybuck43 said:

It’s still a huge mess. If you have the ps4 physical edition, the latest patch breaks the game entirely (as in, it won’t work) it’s barely at what they promised us at launch, and it only runs well on next gen. There’s just so much bad taste with this game that I feel it will never recover.

Not impossible.  Look at No Man's Sky.  Although, that was initially more about empty promises than bugs. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/19/2022 at 11:30 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Not impossible.  Look at No Man's Sky.  Although, that was initially more about empty promises than bugs. 

I actually enjoyed the hell out of No Man’s Sky on its initial release.  Beat the game, got 100% completion (at the time), then walked away.  I haven’t looked at it since…I didn’t play the online stuff.

On 2/19/2022 at 6:46 PM, Galen130 said:

I actually enjoyed the hell out of No Man’s Sky on its initial release.  Beat the game, got 100% completion (at the time), then walked away.  I haven’t looked at it since…I didn’t play the online stuff.

I'd consider getting the upgrades, which are all free.  Now, it's a really excellent game with many additional features.

On 2/19/2022 at 11:53 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I'd consider getting the upgrades, which are all free.  Now, it's a really excellent game with many additional features.

Ah well, I deleted my game saves a long time ago.  I’m not going to start over…got other great games to play. lol

On 2/19/2022 at 11:53 AM, Ken Aldred said:

On 2/19/2022 at 12:03 PM, Galen130 said:

Ah well, I deleted my game saves a long time ago.  I’m not going to start over…got other great games to play. lol

Actually, I forgot about the Cloud…my game save is still there.  There’s also a game save for the PS5…I don’t recall cranking up the game on my new console though. hm

On 2/19/2022 at 12:13 PM, Galen130 said:

Actually, I forgot about the Cloud…my game save is still there.  There’s also a game save for the PS5…I don’t recall cranking up the game on my new console though. hm

Last post on this.  I redownloaded the PS4 version, but after moving my PS4 save from the cloud to my PS5, the game isn’t picking up the save.  Maybe it’s a legacy save from 2019.  I’m not going to download the PS5 version and start over.  It was worth a shot to try though. (shrug)

On 2/19/2022 at 7:53 PM, Galen130 said:

Last post on this.  I redownloaded the PS4 version, but after moving my PS4 save from the cloud to my PS5, the game isn’t picking up the save.  Maybe it’s a legacy save from 2019.  I’m not going to download the PS5 version and start over.  It was worth a shot to try though. (shrug)

Still, the effort you went to illustrates that it’s a great game and one for the other boardies to consider if they were unaware of it.

On 2/19/2022 at 1:01 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Yeah I was lucky to play  cyberpunk on my ps5 which could handle the game very easily.  There were a few minor bugs but it wasn't too bad.  Ireally enjoyed it.  Very dark at points.  Very cyberpunk.

On 2/19/2022 at 7:26 PM, Wolverinex said:

Yeah I was lucky to play  cyberpunk on my ps5 which could handle the game very easily.  There were a few minor bugs but it wasn't too bad.  Ireally enjoyed it.  Very dark at points.  Very cyberpunk.

I bought the ps4 version on my ps5 for launch. I played it but it was very broken so I got the refund. Then I bought it for google stadia because I was supposed to get a free google chrome and controller with it…. Never did. So they refunded that too. Figure that’s gods way of saying skip this one lol. The little bit I played Before the refund was fine nothing earth shattering 

On 2/19/2022 at 8:25 PM, jaybuck43 said:

I bought the ps4 version on my ps5 for launch. I played it but it was very broken so I got the refund. Then I bought it for google stadia because I was supposed to get a free google chrome and controller with it…. Never did. So they refunded that too. Figure that’s gods way of saying skip this one lol. The little bit I played Before the refund was fine nothing earth shattering 

It takes a while to get into it but as you get about 20 percent into the game it becomes amazing.  Especially if you level it a certain way and find weapons you enjoy. I can slow down time for a bit and it's insane for stealth.

Mantis blades are super sweet. Makes you feel  like wolverine.

And smart weapons that automatically find headshots are some of the coolest guns.   You go guns blazing into a room and you can mow down bad guys like crazy.  The bullets just swam around and find the enemies... its very crazy and surreal.  

Edited by Wolverinex

On 2/19/2022 at 8:48 PM, Wolverinex said:

It takes a while to get into it but as you get about 20 percent into the game it becomes amazing.  Especially if you level it a certain way and find weapons you enjoy. I can slow down time for a bit and it's insane for stealth.

Mantis blades are super sweet. Makes you feel  like wolverine.

And smart weapons that automatically find headshots are some of the coolest guns.   You go guns blazing into a room and you can mow down bad guys like crazy.  The bullets just swam around and find the enemies... its very crazy and surreal.  

I’ll consider picking it up if it goes on sale 

On 2/19/2022 at 9:28 PM, The Meta said:

Same, I can see this being on PS plus

On 2/19/2022 at 9:31 PM, jaybuck43 said:

I was hoping gamepass but yea same thing.

I like cyberpunk stuff so I really like this.  But go in with an open mind if you do.  Very gritty stories.  One of the detective missions hunting a serial   killers was heart pounding.

It's also cheap used at gamestop right now.  No price bump yet due to the ps5 upgrade.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/playstation-4/products/cyberpunk-2077---playstation-4/11094722.html

Finished the story arc for Ghost of Tsushima.  What an amazing story and visuals to go along with it.  Fantastic…one of the best games I’ve played in quite awhile.  Now, I need to finish all the side stuff.  :banana:

Been hearing Elder Scrolls 6 could be Xbox exclusive for awhile

That of course would be a very stupid thing to do, but seeing how messed up Skyrim was when it first debut, that could be a good thing 

Hammerfell will be a disappointment though. I was hoping for Elsweyr or Black Marsh

On 2/20/2022 at 8:07 PM, The Meta said:

Been hearing Elder Scrolls 6 could be Xbox exclusive for awhile

That of course would be a very stupid thing to do, but seeing how messed up Skyrim was when it first debut, that could be a good thing 

Hammerfell will be a disappointment though. I was hoping for Elsweyr or Black Marsh

Hard to believe it'll remain an exclusive forever, as Skyrim was eventually ported to more or less every device. Too lucrative.  Skyrim on PS3 was a crashing, freezing, unplayable mess after a mere 40 hours or so when first released, which is no time at all on an RPG game.  I bought the Legendary Edition, which was great, and very stable.