• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 2/2/2022 at 3:56 AM, The Meta said:

Yeah, worked for a company that was similar

They always managed to make a profit switching hands, and they always retained their independence somehow. They turned into an LLC, I dont know anything about the ins and outs of being a business.

Pretty sure Bungie is doing the same thing. They'll be passed around for years and years most likely 

Which is probably good, creatively. Can keep fresh games coming in

Well they seem focused on Destiny 2, and despite having something else rumoured to be in the pipeline, iirc that was a collaboration aimed more at the Chinese market. (I think, it's been a bit since I followed Bungie stuff) 

On 2/1/2022 at 7:49 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

My best friend - who is a PC player - messaged that Discord has a "connect with your friends on PS5" alert. I know that Sony intended on integrating with Discord in 2022, so I will have to see if an app is available for my system when I get home today.

I forgot about this until now. There's no Discord app for PSN. Here's why:

Starting today, we're gradually rolling out the ability to link your PSN account from Discord and display your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 game activity in your user profile!

Worthless.

On 1/31/2022 at 8:25 PM, Galen130 said:

Well, I still have three weeks to wait until Horizon Forbidden West comes out.  I just finished Alan Wake Remastered for PS5…it didn’t take long for $30.  I’m not much of a game completionist unless I really enjoy the game, so I’m done with it.  It was fun, unique, a bit spooky, and sometimes difficult…even on easy.  The DLC’s were hard…took the fun out of it when I started yelling at my TV.  Yes, I still do that at my age. lol

So now I’m looking for a game that will occupy the next three weeks, and Ghosts of Tsushima has been in my radar.  I’ve read up on it, checked reviews, watched some videos.  It looks pretty amazing, especially on PS5.  I have the funds for it, but those funds are reserved for unique CGC SS slabs that I find on the boards.  My own comic sales are slow, so I’ll have to make a difficult decision. hm

Ghost of Tsushima is turning out to be a very fun game.  I like the open world stuff, but not necessarily like AC Valhalla, Skyrim, etc.  Games that massive are fun for awhile, but if I put in more than 150 hours on a game, I start feeling burned out.  I don't walk away from the game after that, I delete it from my digital library, sometimes deleting the game saves too.  Once I'm done, I'm done.  The games are always there to download again whenever I want, so...

I still refuse to play Diablo II: Resurrected after paying $40 for it because the huge game-breaking issue is still there.  I think Blizzard has gone Tango Urilla...they won't even acknowledge the problem in their forums.  They rushed this one....they've lost me as a player/customer.  I like my hack & slash games...so sad. :cry:

Edited by Galen130

On 2/3/2022 at 12:23 PM, Galen130 said:

Ghost of Tsushima is turning out to be a very fun game.  I like the open world stuff, but not necessarily like AC Valhalla, Skyrim, etc.  Games that massive are fun for awhile, but if I put in more than 150 hours on a game, I start feeling burned out.  I don't walk away from the game after that, I delete it from my digital library, sometimes deleting the game saves too.  Once I'm done, I'm done.  The games are always there to download again whenever I want, so...

I still refuse to play Diablo II: Resurrected after paying $40 for it because the huge game-breaking issue is still there.  I think Blizzard has gone Tango Urilla...they won't even acknowledge the problem in their forums.  They rushed this one....they've lost me as a player/customer.  I like my hack & slash games...so sad. :cry:

I'm waiting for Diablo to become free on plus

I feel the exact same way about Sims 4. It was completely broken when released and it took them over 6 months to fix it. I havent played it since it first came out. Its there if I ever want to play it, but its been, what, 4 years? Yeah, screw them

Another game that really peed me off was FF 7 remake. Spent around 100 bucks for it, free on plus 8 months later.

Like screw you. Won't be picking up the Yuffie add-on unless its free, and won't be buying the second part either 

On 2/3/2022 at 12:30 PM, The Meta said:

I'm waiting for Diablo to become free on plus

I feel the exact same way about Sims 4. It was completely broken when released and it took them over 6 months to fix it. I havent played it since it first came out. Its there if I ever want to play it, but its been, what, 4 years? Yeah, screw them

Another game that really peed me off was FF 7 remake. Spent around 100 bucks for it, free on plus 8 months later.

Like screw you. Won't be picking up the Yuffie add-on unless its free, and won't be buying the second part either 

I didn't spend $100 on FF7, but I did buy it and I stopped playing it at the most difficult boss level in the tower (I think that's where I left off).  There were things I needed to do earlier in the game to help me beat the guy...I just couldn't do it.  I stopped playing FF after number 9....I'd had enough of the series.  I thought this the remake would take me back...I just stopped playing.  I was nuts for the SNES FF games.  Maybe I'm just getting too old for this shiite....lol

On 2/3/2022 at 12:35 PM, Galen130 said:

I didn't spend $100 on FF7, but I did buy it and I stopped playing it at the most difficult boss level in the tower (I think that's where I left off).  There were things I needed to do earlier in the game to help me beat the guy...I just couldn't do it.  I stopped playing FF after number 9....I'd had enough of the series.  I thought this the remake would take me back...I just stopped playing.  I was nuts for the SNES FF games.  Maybe I'm just getting too old for this shiite....lol

Yeah same. I don't like button timing games, and thats what FF has evolved into. Used to be about strategy and leveling up, and finding power ups.

I played FF till 12, and I really enjoyed the FFX, X2 and FF 12 remakes, they did a wonderful job. The newer FF is complete garbage though

On 2/3/2022 at 12:42 PM, The Meta said:

Yeah same. I don't like button timing games, and thats what FF has evolved into. Used to be about strategy and leveling up, and finding power ups.

I played FF till 12, and I really enjoyed the FFX, X2 and FF 12 remakes, they did a wonderful job. The newer FF is complete garbage though

I hope another Witcher game is in the works.  That is my kind of RPG.  Huge fan of all three, especially number 3. Lol

On 2/3/2022 at 12:45 PM, Galen130 said:

I hope another Witcher game is in the works.  That is my kind of RPG.  Huge fan of all three, especially number 3. Lol

I think that is in the works

I'd still like to see a Elder Scrolls 6 and a Fallout 5

On 2/3/2022 at 12:55 PM, The Meta said:

I think that is in the works

I'd still like to see a Elder Scrolls 6 and a Fallout 5

Those do sound good, but I think I'm done with them...unless I can't find something else to play.  I've gotten picky in my old age. Lol.

On 2/3/2022 at 12:56 PM, Galen130 said:

Those do sound good, but I think I'm done with them...unless I can't find something else to play.  I've gotten picky in my old age. Lol.

I hear you

I turn on my ps5 and just end up turning it off again these days

Just lost the willingness to play for some reason lately

On 2/3/2022 at 12:58 PM, The Meta said:

I hear you

I turn on my ps5 and just end up turning it off again these days

Just lost the willingness to play for some reason lately

I kinda get like that too.  It has to be a game that grabs me from the get-go...and looks really good in 4K.  Ghost of Tsushima is doing that...I'm certain Horizon Forbidden West will too.  That will be the first game I play specifically for the PS5 (don't know if it's being released on PS4).  Everything else I've played was upgraded/update from the PS4 version. (shrug)

On 2/3/2022 at 1:02 PM, Galen130 said:

I kinda get like that too.  It has to be a game that grabs me from the get-go...and looks really good in 4K.  Ghost of Tsushima is doing that...I'm certain Horizon Forbidden West will too.  That will be the first game I play specifically for the PS5 (don't know if it's being released on PS4).  Everything else I've played was upgraded/update from the PS4 version. (shrug)

Yeah me too, I haven't played a ps5 exclusive yet

On 2/3/2022 at 1:04 PM, The Meta said:

Yeah me too, I haven't played a ps5 exclusive yet

Now that games I'm excited about are finally starting to release, I have Gran Turismo 7 on my radar...just not the funds for a pre-order.  I've gotta sell more stuff here on the boards first.  I've owned/played almost every one...just not GT Sport or 6 (if there is a 6).  I haven't played GT since number five, but I've always been a fan.  It is supposed to release in March...

Well, I’m getting excited!!  My pre-order copy of Horizon Forbidden West will download tomorrow (Feb. 18), or this weekend.  I’ve been looking forward to this game for quite awhile. :yeehaw:

I am still playing Ghost of Tsushima…I haven’t beaten the story yet.  It’s addictive and loads of fun, but I plan to beat it before I start Horizon (so he says).  I also pre-ordered Gran Turismo 7.  I should be good on games until summer and beyond.  Finally, I’ll be playing games that are centered more around the PS5 than the PS4. :banana:

On 2/17/2022 at 10:43 AM, Transplant said:

GoT is one of the best console games I've ever played.  Right there with RDR2.

Red Dead Redemption 2 was definitely a good one.  I played through a large part of the game, beating the story, but I stopped playing not long after that because I was trophy hunting and it was a grind.  I'm also not much for online play...I stopped doing that after Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2.  That's when I found out that online players could cheat, so I lost interest.  I know there was more RDR2 to play online...I just wasn't interested. (shrug)