• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 12/15/2021 at 9:10 PM, The Meta said:

No, nothing stupid as that

Tests have shown the exhaust temp has gone up, and the board runs a few degrees hotter.

Could mean the solder joints may run into issues over time, see PS3 solder issues, or it could mean absolutely nothing

Just something I must take note of, and do some proactive cooling, just in case failures develop over time

Yup.  Always best to ensure there's good ventilation, which is common sense.

On 12/15/2021 at 2:12 PM, Galen130 said:

Watch out for any cooler systems being sold for PS5.  Quite a few of them don't exhaust the warm air, but keeps it near the console or blows it back.  I decided not to get one this time.

I'll be honest, looking at this one because the charging station is included

Screenshot_20211215-142453_Amazon Shopping.jpg

On 12/15/2021 at 2:27 PM, The Meta said:

Basically useless

Intake for air flow is at the front top area and exhaust is at the back 

This video shows the difference in thermals between the first and second gen. Seems like the chipset does run a degree or so cooler than first generation, but is more likely due to fan design

This video is about air flow

On 12/15/2021 at 2:27 PM, The Meta said:

Charging station with it is the only part that's beneficial.  I have a stand-alone charging dock, and about 8 inches of space to the wall for cooling. 

On 12/15/2021 at 4:06 PM, Galen130 said:

Charging station with it is the only part that's beneficial.  I have a stand-alone charging dock, and about 8 inches of space to the wall for cooling. 

Yeah I'm just going to get the PS docking station

On 12/15/2021 at 5:10 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

So are you guys that got a PS5 happy? I will probably get a console when my kid is closer to 10. He finally figured out that tablet use is by our rules or no Minecraft, but I'm reluctant to add another point of friction as he's not even 8 now. 

Yup!!  Don’t have kids, wife doesn’t use it, and I’m getting caught up on some games before Horizon Forbidden West comes out.  Good for renting movies too.

So Ive got the extra controller and Miles Morales Spiderman coming with the system

I played through the first Spiderman on the PS4 when it was on PSNow

My favorite costume was Spiderman 2099

Anyone play that game have a favorite costume?

On 12/16/2021 at 6:48 PM, The Meta said:

So Ive got the extra controller and Miles Morales Spiderman coming with the system

I played through the first Spiderman on the PS4 when it was on PSNow

My favorite costume was Spiderman 2099

Anyone play that game have a favorite costume?

Yeah, the one with the spider legs that come out of the suit.  I forget what it was called. lol

On 12/17/2021 at 2:07 AM, Galen130 said:

Yeah, the one with the spider legs that come out of the suit.  I forget what it was called. lol

Civil War suit?

734237.jpg

Well it arrived 

Box was a bit foxed, but it was all there.

It works

Currently copying the Miles Morales game it came with. Nice the former Spiderman is free for download with this edition. 

This was one of the Costco bundles, came with controller, game and ps now 1 month sub

Transferred my PS4 info over, glad to have that little tool. Have now boxed up the PS4 and hopefully, I won't ever be pulling it out again. Seems like my entire library is working and I can play all my games, will be putting it through its paces shortly 

Was reminded yesterday why I hate GameStop. Happened to be in the mall and figured I’d pop in and see if they have the Xbox Series X (I currently have an Xbox one S which runs fine but wouldn’t mind upgrading). 

me: Any chance you guys have Xbox Series X?

Gamestop Employee: yes, but it comes in a bundle with nba 2k22, far cry 6, call of duty vanguard and a $50 gift card for $659.00

me: that’s fine, can I substitute the games, and pick different ones that are the same price? 

GsE: no you need to get those.

me: Fine, ring it up.

GsE: ok.

GsE goes in back to get everything comes out and rings it up.

GsE: Ok that will be 780.

me: I know it’s a new year, but when did tax hit 20%?

GsE: O we’re out of physical copies of the games so you have to get digital and those cost more.

Me: the sign says it’s $659 for those games, it doesn’t specify physical or digital, so honor the price with digital or let me select three physical games that are the same price.

GsE: sign says physical.

Me walks over to sign

Me: I’ll pay double if you can point to anywhere on the sign it says the word “physical”.

GsE:….. well it should. 
me walks out.

On 1/4/2022 at 9:53 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Was reminded yesterday why I hate GameStop. Happened to be in the mall and figured I’d pop in and see if they have the Xbox Series X (I currently have an Xbox one S which runs fine but wouldn’t mind upgrading). 

Gamestop Employee: yes, but it comes in a bundle with nba 2k22, far cry 6, call of duty vanguard and a $50 gift card for $659.00

me: that’s fine, can I substitute the games, and pick different ones that are the same price? 

GsE: O we’re out of physical copies of the games so you have to get digital and those cost more.

Me: the sign says it’s $659 for those games, it doesn’t specify physical or digital, so honor the price with digital or let me select three physical games that are the same price.

Me walks over to sign

Me: I’ll pay double if you can point to anywhere on the sign it says the word “physical”.

me walks out.

:facepalm:

On 1/4/2022 at 9:53 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Me walks over to sign

me walks out.

Thanks for bringing this up.  It does relate to the Playstation 5 issues, to an extent.  It just wasn't relevant at the time when I started this poll.  I've updated the thread to include people looking for an XBox Series X.  (thumbsu

Edited by Galen130

*UPDATE*  I've now included the XBox Series X in the poll...feel free to chat about XBox too.  I didn't mean to exclude XBox players...it just wasn't relative at the time. (worship)