• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2022 at 5:14 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Best selling games of the year, per the criteria listed, US only. Amazing that Mortal Kombat 11 made the list despite being a 2019 release. 

PLgFaBF.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/PLgFaBF.jpeg

1) it’s really good. 2) It’s part of humble bundle, which counts towards steam sales. Lots of copies sold, probably next to no revenue on it.

On 1/20/2022 at 10:12 PM, jaybuck43 said:

1) it’s really good. 2) It’s part of humble bundle, which counts towards steam sales. Lots of copies sold, probably next to no revenue on it.

1) Oh yeah, you're preaching to a huge MK fan here :foryou:. 2) I didn't think of that. I even bought that bundle just so I had a PC copy (mained it on Xbox, and have it on Switch too, but I've hardly played it there). 3) Skarlet is best girl. 

Battlefield is supposed to be a buggy mess. A popular choice along with the GTA Trilogy for most disappointing recent game.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 1/20/2022 at 11:55 PM, The Meta said:

I want to like MK but I suck at it so bad

On that list there is maybe three games I'd get. For free.

And one of them I did, Miles Morales

MK has a LOT of PVE content. You've got the story-mode, the Towers Of Time, Kharacter Towers, The Krypt to explore, training, and AI Battles. Then see how you want to play. Maybe it's online PVP, maybe not. For the price I suspect the game sells for these days, it'd be pretty reasonable and justifiable go all that PVE content alone. It honestly it a VERY good game. I'm obviously biased as an MK fan, but even putting that aside, it's a very good game. I avoid online matches as much as possible, they're awful and just plain unfun. But keeping to myself? I have a great time. 

On 1/20/2022 at 9:03 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

MK has a LOT of PVE content. You've got the story-mode, the Towers Of Time, Kharacter Towers, The Krypt to explore, training, and AI Battles. Then see how you want to play. Maybe it's online PVP, maybe not. For the price I suspect the game sells for these days, it'd be pretty reasonable and justifiable go all that PVE content alone. It honestly it a VERY good game. I'm obviously biased as an MK fan, but even putting that aside, it's a very good game. I avoid online matches as much as possible, they're awful and just plain unfun. But keeping to myself? I have a great time. 

I will definitely get it if it comes out on PS plus, not sure if I'll shell out for it 

Have to add that I loved the first 3 MK games, and the 90s movie was one of my favorites 

Edited by The Meta

I'm deep in AC: Valhalla and I like it.  It's a little different from past AC titles.  But, I also loved Ghost of Tsushima and Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, which are similar open world games.  

On 1/20/2022 at 5:47 PM, Transplant said:

I'm deep in AC: Valhalla and I like it.  It's a little different from past AC titles.  

I’ve been tempted to buy it as my first Assassin’s Creed game, mainly because I feel like wandering around Dark Age East Anglia, where the paternal side of the family is from. Might be interesting. Maybe do some farming.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 1/20/2022 at 10:47 AM, Transplant said:

I'm deep in AC: Valhalla and I like it.  It's a little different from past AC titles.  But, I also loved Ghost of Tsushima and Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, which are similar open world games.  

On 1/20/2022 at 11:06 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I’ve been tempted to buy it as my first Assassin’s Creed game, mainly because I feel like wandering around Dark Age East Anglia, where the paternal side of the family is from. Might be interesting. Maybe do some farming.

I beat this one, without exploring everything.  I spent months on it, but finally got burned out.  I've played every AC, except for Origins.  I'm kinda done with the series after Valhalla.  I'm anxiously waiting for Horizon Forbidden West for PS5...next month. :banana:

I bought Odyssey as my first Assassin's Creed game, as I love Ancient Rome/Greece, and that whole period of time. Sadly I haven't spent much time on the game at all. I really need to pull my finger out and get playing. It seems like a really good game. 

PS5 bundles will be released at 11:00 AM EST this morning for GameStop Pro members, if any of you are still looking.

Tip: They do not immediately and consistently show up as "in-stock". IIRC, I had to refresh many times until I could add one to my cart. I believe that once it's in your cart, it is essentially reserved while you checkout.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus
Typo.

I've been play Tales of Arise a JRPG and I love it. The combat is different from what I've played in the past. You can't button mash your way through. If you try, you lose energy and you have to wait. So you have to jump around with different attacks to keep it going. Kinda like Devil May Cry.

Well, I still have three weeks to wait until Horizon Forbidden West comes out.  I just finished Alan Wake Remastered for PS5…it didn’t take long for $30.  I’m not much of a game completionist unless I really enjoy the game, so I’m done with it.  It was fun, unique, a bit spooky, and sometimes difficult…even on easy.  The DLC’s were hard…took the fun out of it when I started yelling at my TV.  Yes, I still do that at my age. lol

So now I’m looking for a game that will occupy the next three weeks, and Ghosts of Tsushima has been in my radar.  I’ve read up on it, checked reviews, watched some videos.  It looks pretty amazing, especially on PS5.  I have the funds for it, but those funds are reserved for unique CGC SS slabs that I find on the boards.  My own comic sales are slow, so I’ll have to make a difficult decision. hm

On 2/1/2022 at 3:25 AM, Galen130 said:

So now I’m looking for a game that will occupy the next three weeks, and Ghosts of Tsushima has been in my radar.  I’ve read up on it, checked reviews, watched some videos.  It looks pretty amazing, especially on PS5.  I have the funds for it, but those funds are reserved for unique CGC SS slabs that I find on the boards.  My own comic sales are slow, so I’ll have to make a difficult decision. hm

The game’s a strange one, price-wise.  It seems to hold its price around £50 on Amazon, where many great PS 4 games that have been around as long as it has can be found much cheaper, between £10 to £15. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

My best friend - who is a PC player - messaged that Discord has a "connect with your friends on PS5" alert. I know that Sony intended on integrating with Discord in 2022, so I will have to see if an app is available for my system when I get home today.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 2/1/2022 at 5:49 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

My best friend - who is a PC player - messaged that Discord has a "connect with your friends on PS5" alert. I know that Sony intended on integrating with Discord in 2022, so I will have to see if an app is available for my system when I get home today.

Of course, I deleted discord out of disgust not long ago lol

On 2/2/2022 at 1:23 AM, The Meta said:

Thats pretty interesting 

Aren't they the ones that started Halo?

Would have thought Microsoft would get them 

They were a free company. At first they did games for Apple. Apple was in talks to buy them. A dark horse swooped in at the last second and purchased them. Microsoft owned them. Then they negotiated their freedom. Then they did two more Halo games for MS. Then they entered into a deal with Activision, aka Activision bought them. Once more, after some time, they negotiated their freedom. They stayed independent for around two years, give or take. Now they've been bought by Sony, and here we go again. 

And yes, Halo was originally meant for Apple. Steve Jobs introduced it. Then Microsoft bought it last second and Halo became that generation's 'killer app'. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic

On 2/1/2022 at 10:53 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

They were a free company. At first they did games for Apple. Apple was in talks to buy them. A dark horse swooped in at the last second and purchased them. Microsoft owned them. Then they negotiated their freedom. Then they did two more Halo games for MS. Then they entered into a deal with Activision, aka Activision bought them. Once more, after some time, they negotiated their freedom. They stayed independent for around two years, give or take. Now they've been bought by Sony, and here we go again. 

Yeah, worked for a company that was similar

They always managed to make a profit switching hands, and they always retained their independence somehow. They turned into an LLC, I dont know anything about the ins and outs of being a business.

Pretty sure Bungie is doing the same thing. They'll be passed around for years and years most likely 

Which is probably good, creatively. Can keep fresh games coming in