• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2023 at 8:08 AM, Ken Aldred said:

The remaster is supposed to be excellent.  The PS3 versions themselves looked superb and ran well without glitching on that console. 

I did play it last night, up to Chapter 2...halfway.  It still makes me jump. Lol.  Running at 30fps and 3D sound in my headset...it looks and sounds great. 👍👍

On 11/19/2023 at 4:19 PM, Galen130 said:

makes me jump. Lol.  Running at 30fps

There’s also a 60fps performance mode as well? Something I prefer.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 11/19/2023 at 10:53 AM, Ken Aldred said:

There’s also a 60fps performance mode as well? Something I prefer.

I agree, but it does affect the background graphics a little bit.  I opted for 30fps because I like scenery. 🤣🤣

Too bad it wasn’t redesigned for 40fps AND 4K televisions like Spiderman 2.

Edited by Galen130

On 11/8/2023 at 10:46 AM, jsilverjanet said:

finally bit the bullet and picked up a ps5 (pre owned $400)

signed up for ps plus since paying $70 for a game seems out of my budget

been playing world war z aftermath - but a few other games i've downloaded are the miles morales and horizon west

so about a week before the thanksgiving weekend, i picked up fc24 and have been on it non stop

anyone else play?

On 1/4/2024 at 10:56 AM, jsilverjanet said:

so about a week before the thanksgiving weekend, i picked up fc24 and have been on it non stop

anyone else play?

What is fc24?

Currently playing Deadspace remake for PS5.  Just as scary as I remember from playing it on xbox360.  I finally stopped playing Warframe after a year and a half.  The higher mastery levels are ridiculous, and I got sick of grinding.

After Deadspace, I tackle Witcher 3 PS5 remake, which is supposed to be excellent.  I’ve already beaten it twice…PS4 and PC. 🤣🤣

On 1/5/2024 at 2:51 AM, Galen130 said:

After Deadspace, I tackle Witcher 3 PS5 remake, which is supposed to be excellent

It’s a brilliant RPG.  Eventually I’ll get Dead Space PS5 myself.

Haven’t started it yet, but I just bought the Capcom Resident Evil 4 PS5 remake, which, likewise, is supposed to be quite superb.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Been a bit down in the weeks leading up to Christmas, and I loaded up Wolfenstein 1 : The New Order, and Wolfenstein 2 : The New Colossus, for some hardcore, therapeutic Nazi Smashing, which never gets old.  Just finished them both on “I am Death Incarnate” difficulty level, with the second game being much tougher, but, with a bit of strategising, quite doable.  I’m simply not good enough to take on the “Mein Leben” setting, where one death erases your save and you’re back to the beginning - always avoid these. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

Started Nier Automata.  I was concerned about the much-hyped difficulty of the first section, which requires over an hour of play before you can save - die and you're back to the beginning - but with lots of variety throughout, such as 3D arcade-type shooter sections, reminding me a bit of Galaxian, that kind of thing, platform-like sections, robots shooting copious pink energy balls, and intimidating giant buzzsaws and giant robots.  So, pretty much what you'd expect from a sci-fi JRPG.  In fact, it's not bad at all on normal difficulty, plenty of health replenishment, and really all it takes to survive the seemingly-daunting giant obstacles, in particular, is an understanding of the evade function.  

In the end, one of the best and most varied start sections I've ever played.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I recently purchased a new Arctis 7+ wireless gaming headset in order to get back into clan play on Warframe.  Not a fan of online chit chat, but other players have been begging me to come back and sign up on Discord. 🤣🤣

I replaced my Arctis Pro wired headset with the new one so that I could walk around during breaks.  Now I need to find a way to sell this headset, since it’s still in perfect working order.  Problem is, I don’t have an ebay account, or Amazon…local pawn shop didn’t want it…I don’t sell stuff on Craigslist.  Anyone know of somewhere to sell stuff like this online, or brick and mortar?  Selling it on these boards obviously isn’t an option. 

Only just discovered that Marvel did two comic book mini-series featuring the PS4 version of Spider-Man, which has been incorporated into the official Marvel multiverse.

Just finished the necessary three runs through of Nier Automata to experience the full story. 

Great, varied gameplay, superb story with depth and intelligence, incredible soundtrack.  Managed all of the directly accessible bosses on hard, but to get to the two super-tough hidden bosses would've required a lot of tedious grinding to raise my level from 72 to 99 and to fully upgrade all the weapons.  Kept my saves, maybe I'll return sometime for punishment.

Completely agree with the game's reputation - it's a masterpiece.

On 3/7/2024 at 5:13 PM, szav said:

Forgot about this game for a while but man this trailer for the long overdue expansion has me excited and itching to go back to it once it comes out in June (if it arrives on time).

I'm looking forward to it as well!  It's been recommended you have a 100+ level characters, so its going to be tough.

On 3/8/2024 at 6:20 AM, s-man said:

I'm looking forward to it as well!  It's been recommended you have a 100+ level characters, so its going to be tough.

From Software DLC does tend to be absolutely crushing. A highly-levelled status is assumed by the designers, and, after all, the basic game itself is hard as nails, so they won’t show any mercy in the slightest.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 3/8/2024 at 6:12 AM, Ken Aldred said:

From Software DLC does tend to be absolutely crushing. A highly-levelled status is assumed by the designers, and, after all, the basic game itself is hard as nails, so they won’t show any mercy in the slightest.

What scares me most is this new power system akin to Sekiro, which I was barely able to beat and only once.

Just finished Yakuza Kiwami 1

One of the most surprisingly entertaining games I've played in ages.

I can understand the popularity of the series now.

Some very inventive, imaginative side missions / sub-stories. Great protagonist.

Edited by Ken Aldred