• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

Nice to see that Fallout 4 PS4 is getting a free PS5 upgrade, for 4K and higher performance frame rates.

XBox too, of course.

Looks like I’ll have to start it all over again, and add the DLC this time.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 10/25/2022 at 4:36 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Nice to see that Fallout 4 PS4 is getting a free PS5 upgrade, for 4K and higher performance frame rates.

XBox too, of course.

Yikes!!!  I put around 200 hours into that game on PS4.  I just can't do it again on the PS5.  Once I'm burned out, I'm done. lol

On 10/25/2022 at 4:36 PM, Ken Aldred said:

XBox too, of course.

Thanks for mentioning this, I didn't know

I was really looking forward to killing the legendary dragon for my last trophy on Skyrim, when I noticed all my trophies were gone, some update had happened

My saves were all in tact, but my trophies reset?

I didn't even notice at first, just all the sudden I got a couple of trophies I knew I had for doing practically nothing

So, now I've just stoppd playing Skyrim altogether. Between not being able to finish some quests due to decade's old glitches, and the constant re re re releases, I'm done 

Hope Fallout4 is more stable

On 10/26/2022 at 1:53 AM, MetalPSI said:

Thanks for mentioning this, I didn't know

I was really looking forward to killing the legendary dragon for my last trophy on Skyrim, when I noticed all my trophies were gone, some update had happened

My saves were all in tact, but my trophies reset?

I didn't even notice at first, just all the sudden I got a couple of trophies I knew I had for doing practically nothing

So, now I've just stoppd playing Skyrim altogether. Between not being able to finish some quests due to decade's old glitches, and the constant re re re releases, I'm done 

Hope Fallout4 is more stable

The Legendary Edition on PS3 was really quite stable, considering I played it for 100s of hours, having the 1.9 patch included which made the Sony version comfortably playable at last.  There was some serious frame rate slowdown towards the end of that very long period, but only after playing for 1 hour or so, and easily sorted by reloading.  In all the time I played it the only two classic Skyrim glitches I experienced were getting torched by an invisible dragon on the ground, and only one, yes, only one, dragon flying backwards in the sky.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 10/25/2022 at 8:28 PM, Ken Aldred said:

The Legendary Edition on PS3 was really quite stable, considering I played it for 100s of hours, having the 1.9 patch included which made the Sony version comfortably playable at last.  There was some serious frame rate slowdown towards the end of that very long period, but only after playing for 1 hour or so, and easily sorted by reloading.  In all the time I played it the only two classic Skyrim glitches I experienced were getting torched by an invisible dragon on the ground, and only one, yes, only one, dragon flying backwards in the sky.

I would always get the Arcwind Point glitch when word hunting and the Telvanni maids body would always be in the middle of the ocean when playing the Morrowind side 

On 10/26/2022 at 7:56 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Just found the full Star-Lord Band soundtrack from the PS5 GOTG game.

Surprisingly good 80s hair metal homage...

In the past, especially with my PS3, I would get the collector's edition of certain games...containing soundtracks, replica figures, etc.  I stopped doing that because now I've got all this junk sitting around the house.  Some of it is cool, like the Diablo III computer box set.  I still have some CD soundtracks from different video games.  They are downloaded into my music folder for playing on my media player.

It got to the point where if I heard a song I liked from a game, I would download it on iTunes.  Now that I've stopped using that platform (Google is next), they can be found for free on the web without risking any trouble.  There were a few songs from Watchdogs that I enjoyed...still do.  Now that I have a digital PS5, I just pay for the game.  I don't bother with the extra junk anymore, unless it's actual music...not a soundtrack.

On 10/26/2022 at 6:29 AM, MetalPSI said:

I would always get the Arcwind Point glitch when word hunting and the Telvanni maids body would always be in the middle of the ocean when playing the Morrowind side 

The first one I remember, but it's been a while since I played the game. Easy to forget names and encounters.

On 10/26/2022 at 5:26 PM, Ken Aldred said:

The first one I remember, but it's been a while since I played the game. Easy to forget names and encounters.

Doing errands for the Telvanni sorcerer in his mushroom tower

That one always glitches out for me and I have trouble getting that black book

On 10/27/2022 at 1:13 AM, MetalPSI said:

Doing errands for the Telvanni sorcerer in his mushroom tower

That one always glitches out for me and I have trouble getting that black book

Now I remember.  Solstheim, the Dragonborn DLC.  I could find her, but usually dead while on the way back to Raven Rock.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I don’t know who else is anxiously waiting, but God of War Ragnarok will be out November 9th.  I can’t wait!!  I’m getting burned out on Warframe. lol

On 10/28/2022 at 1:21 AM, MetalPSI said:

I'll be picking up Elden Ring when it goes on sale

Meantime, I think I'm going to make  a Reanu Keeves build in the PS5 Skyrim and get all the trophies

Never did level up the fork for it to become Skyrim's most powerful weapon.  The only fight I suspect it would be useless in would be melee combat against The Ebony Warrior, due to his damage reflection spell.  Instant death.

On to my next set of PS4 titles…

- Resident Evil 2 remake

- Infamous Second Son

- Rise of the Tomb Raider

- Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY

Should be nice, with smooth PS5 performance upgrades.

Gamers who like performance mode seem to suffer some criticism, but after getting used to such smooth motion I want to avoid the jerkiness that can be associated with the lower frame rate modes with their ‘greater detail’ or ray tracing.

Performance mode graphics can look superb, good enough for me, without any disorienting effect.

I do have a problem with being able to notice ghosting or motion blur on TVs as well, so it also depends on your sensitivity, of course.

On 11/1/2022 at 1:26 AM, Ken Aldred said:

On to my next set of PS4 titles…

- Resident Evil 2 remake

- Infamous Second Son

- Rise of the Tomb Raider

- Witcher 3 Wild Hunt GOTY

Should be nice, with smooth PS5 performance upgrades.

Witcher 3 will take some time. lol