• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

My digital pre-order copy of GoW Ragnarok will be ready to play in about 12 hours.  It will have to wait until later in the week because I'll be watching the television.  Playing a new video game is a close second to that. lol

Edited by Galen130

Got my invite from Sony and bought the PS5 a few weeks ago. I haven't opened the box yet because I have no games. Still finishing up a couple PS4 games. 

Any recommendations for a Silent Hill, Resident Evil type game? Preferably something newish made for the PS5 that wasn't previously available for PS4. Also, I don't play online so something with a good single player mode. 

On 11/11/2022 at 11:16 AM, BriD. said:

Got my invite from Sony and bought the PS5 a few weeks ago. I haven't opened the box yet because I have no games. Still finishing up a couple PS4 games. 

Any recommendations for a Silent Hill, Resident Evil type game? Preferably something newish made for the PS5 that wasn't previously available for PS4. Also, I don't play online so something with a good single player mode. 

Re2 Re3 remake

RE Village

On 11/11/2022 at 7:28 AM, Diamonddave said:

Grabbed a digital PS5 today with GOW bundled. Didn't have to pay a scalper either.

Mark the poll, mark the poll!!!  Lol.  You'll be #30 that didn't pay a scalper. (thumbsu

On 11/11/2022 at 2:39 PM, BriD. said:

Thanks for the suggestions! All great games but I've played them already. Looking for something new

There is a bunch of new Silent Hill games being released, but none recently 

On 11/8/2022 at 10:36 AM, Galen130 said:

My digital pre-order copy of GoW Ragnarok will be ready to play in about 12 hours.  It will have to wait until later in the week because I'll be watching the television.  Playing a new video game is a close second to that. lol

Spent about 5 hours last night playing GoW.  Before it was available to play, the developers released the first patch for the game.  The list of fixes was huge!!!  Seems to be the state of games these days, however you want to put it.  I did notice a few glitches, but they were minor, except for one.  I had to research the glitch through Google and someone had posted a quick fix for it.

Otherwise, the game is about what I would expect from the current GoW series...plenty of hack n slash, decent story, amazing graphics (PS5 versions), and tons of accessibility features.  There's a lot to get used to after spending almost four months with Warframe, like the attack buttons on the controller. lol

I'm sure there will be another update to the game soon.  At least they got a lot of stuff corrected before the game was playable.  There's still I game I paid for and no longer play from November of 2021 that is still broken.  50/50 shot I guess, with new games.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:16 AM, BriD. said:

Alien Isolation? Or do you want to do more than hide?

On 11/11/2022 at 2:02 PM, Diamonddave said:

Alien Isolation? Or do you want to do more than hide?

I think I would like to do more than hide. I liked Evil Within and Dead Space. I see there's a remake of Dead Space coming, or maybe already available. That's tempting but I would still rather find something I haven't played before. The Quarry keeps coming up in my searches. It's that any good? 

On 11/11/2022 at 2:36 PM, BriD. said:

I think I would like to do more than hide. I liked Evil Within and Dead Space. I see there's a remake of Dead Space coming, or maybe already available. That's tempting but I would still rather find something I haven't played before. The Quarry keeps coming up in my searches. It's that any good? 

Did you play Man of Medan? Or Until Dawn? Quarry is like that.

Calisto Protocol is out 12-2

You could try Scorn, FPS. Looks like a mix of HR Geiger and a Clive Barker fever dream.

Just did the Resident Evil 2 remake, PS4 disc, which had a free upgrade to the PS5 high frame rate version.

I completed both of the Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield storylines, but found my interest dissipated somewhat on the second runs, as it's basically the same tasks done in the same buildings, but in different order. 

A fairly short game, padded out with that repetition.  

Finished it on Normal difficulty, perhaps sometime I'll try Hardcore / Classic mode.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 11/11/2022 at 9:45 PM, Diamonddave said:

Closest you'll get to an entirely new Dead Space.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 11/13/2022 at 4:07 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Just did the Resident Evil 2 remake, PS4 disc, which had a free upgrade to the PS5 high frame rate version.

I completed both of the Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield storylines, but found my interest dissipated somewhat on the second runs, as it's basically the same tasks done in the same buildings, but in different order. 

A fairly short game, padded out with that repetition.  

Finished it on Normal difficulty, perhaps sometime I'll try Hardcore / Classic mode.

Beats the remake of RE3, finished that in one afternoon. Loved the game play and atmosphere, but way too short for a AAA remake.

On 11/11/2022 at 12:48 PM, Galen130 said:

Spent about 5 hours last night playing GoW.  Before it was available to play, the developers released the first patch for the game.  The list of fixes was huge!!!  Seems to be the state of games these days, however you want to put it.  I did notice a few glitches, but they were minor, except for one.  I had to research the glitch through Google and someone had posted a quick fix for it.

Otherwise, the game is about what I would expect from the current GoW series...plenty of hack n slash, decent story, amazing graphics (PS5 versions), and tons of accessibility features.  There's a lot to get used to after spending almost four months with Warframe, like the attack buttons on the controller. lol

I'm sure there will be another update to the game soon.  At least they got a lot of stuff corrected before the game was playable.  There's still I game I paid for and no longer play from November of 2021 that is still broken.  50/50 shot I guess, with new games.

Well, I haven't played GoW since I wrote my post above.  I've got to give it more time because there have been THREE FREAKIN' UPDATES!!! :pullhair:

Seems to be the state of things these days in the gaming industry...releasing big name titles before they are ready.  So far, the updates have equaled about 1GB or more.  I won't play until at least two weeks have gone by from release...want to make sure the game is completely ready.  I've only seen minor glitches the one time I played it...nothing that breaks the game.

It's no wonder I've reduced how many titles I play nowadays.  I'm afraid the next game I pre-ordered (Forspoken) may have similar issues on release.  That, and I'm getting old. :preach:

So I'm still hammering away at Warframe.  Still plenty to do...lot's of stuff I haven't seen yet. (thumbsu

Looks like it was a shrewd move for me to select Witcher 3 as one of my new bundle of games to play through, as there’s a next gen upgrade being made available from Dec 14, which has been getting some very positive reviews.

And, it’s free.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 11/24/2022 at 12:45 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Looks like it was a shrewd move for me to select Witcher 3 as one of my new bundle of games to play through, as there’s a next gen upgrade being made available from Dec 14, which has been getting some very positive reviews.

And, it’s free.

Needs an update, still buggy

On 11/11/2022 at 3:45 PM, Diamonddave said:

Did you play Man of Medan? Or Until Dawn? Quarry is like that.

You could try Scorn, FPS. Looks like a mix of HR Geiger and a Clive Barker fever dream.

Calisto Protocol getting some very underwhelming reviews.