• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

I just picked up my Nintendo Switch for the first time in a year.  I bought that OLED model last winter for my commute but once I completed Metroid and SW Skywalker Saga I have not had much time to play. 

I just opened Zelda Breath of the Wild. (Yes the first one)...   I get the hype... Still a little lost at what to do... but it's amazing where this stuff has come since I first unwrapped the Legend of Zelda so many years ago. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 7/18/2023 at 11:50 PM, szav said:

An easy inclusion on the top 5 games of all time list for me, if not the holder of the number one spot.  One of the last games that my wife would sit down and watch me play just to see the dialogue and story, doesn’t get any better than that when video game time = together time.  A shame the TV show couldn’t capture the same magic.  Hopefully the Witcher 4 can whenever it may come.

Yup, The story’s great.

A lot of grey areas in the choices where you think one might be the most moral choice but it has disastrous consequences,

Spoiler

such as the Keira Metz tragedy,

but also the occasional one which doesn’t make sense for Geralt

Spoiler

such as Dykstra’s takeover and the sacrifice Geralt’s forced to make

That said, thoroughly enthralling, and one of the best value games I’ve ever played.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I really do not have the time for this stuff anymore.  Even though I bought a Nintendo Switch around winter / spring of 2022 as well as Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I did not start playing it until June.   I used a checklist to see what I had to find and ended up finding and beating all 120 Shrines, around 50 side quests, and defeated all four Divine Beasts and today I finished the game and beat Gannon.   

Honestly, I never thought at my age I would enjoy a video game that had complexities like cooking and knowing what to wear in specific environments.  I very much enjoyed the free form multiple ways to accomplish an objective ability of the game. 

This might have been the very best single player non-online game I have ever played. 

Maybe next year I will pick up the sequel. 

On 8/18/2023 at 6:57 PM, Buzzetta said:

I really do not have the time for this stuff anymore.  Even though I bought a Nintendo Switch around winter / spring of 2022 as well as Zelda: Breath of the Wild, I did not start playing it until June.   I used a checklist to see what I had to find and ended up finding and beating all 120 Shrines, around 50 side quests, and defeated all four Divine Beasts and today I finished the game and beat Gannon.   

Honestly, I never thought at my age I would enjoy a video game that had complexities like cooking and knowing what to wear in specific environments.  I very much enjoyed the free form multiple ways to accomplish an objective ability of the game. 

This might have been the very best single player non-online game I have ever played. 

Maybe next year I will pick up the sequel. 

I picked up the sequel on opening day and just finally got around to finishing the game Saturday night lol. Amazing games those 2. You'll love the freedom of what you can do skill wise and amount of areas to traverse in Tears of the Kingdom so much as well as the craft/attaching options. I figured I wasn't quite done the 152 shrines but went from 135 to 148 on Saturday and said "time to get it done!"  Probably have to wait until 2028 for another Zelda game unfortunately. 

Edited by AbsoluteCarnage

On 8/21/2023 at 8:26 PM, AbsoluteCarnage said:

I picked up the sequel on opening day and just finally got around to finishing the game Saturday night lol. Amazing games those 2. You'll love the freedom of what you can do skill wise and amount of areas to traverse in Tears of the Kingdom so much as well as the craft/attaching options. I figured I wasn't quite done the 152 shrines but went from 135 to 148 on Saturday and said "time to get it done!"  Probably have to wait until 2028 for another Zelda game unfortunately. 

If I pick up Tears of the Kingdom I will do so next year.   I really do not have a lot of time to devote to video games so I will need to take a break and revisit the series next year.  However, I have started going back and upgrading some armor and finishing the side quests of BOTW.  I want another go at Gannon and to go through the Castle the "real" way.  

When I went to get Gannon I had already done the memory for Zelda outside her tower so I transported to the docks to the shrine then found that I could climb the outside of the walls without being spotted by the drones and just drop in to Gannon.  They really put a lot into this game and it continues to impress. 

I will say this, I could not play this on the handheld.  The only way I could really play this was to play over the TV with that pro controller. Well worth it. 

Just completed my final New Game Plus run through of Horizon Zero Dawn on Ultra Hard difficulty after doing an easier setting to get used to the gameplay. 

Not that hard until maybe the final two or three set pieces, main game and DLC, because of the upgrade modifications on your items.

Resources were supposed to be scarce, but I didn't find much trouble there.

Bought my outfits on a previous run through, avoiding the higher prices on Ultra Hard.

Very good story, engaging protagonist, excellent game.

Next one is Control Ultimate Edition.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/27/2023 at 2:54 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Just completed my final New Game Plus run through of Horizon Zero Dawn on Ultra Hard difficulty after doing an easier setting to get used to the gameplay. 

Not that hard until maybe the final two or three set pieces, because of the upgrade modifications on your items.

Bought my outfits on a previous run through, avoiding the higher prices on Ultra Hard.

I am getting close to finishing the game on my first run through. Have enjoyed it so far. I am pretty sure my next main mission is either the last one, or second to last one. So, I have spent my last few hours of play time just trying to complete as many side missions and collectible stuff I can. Figure the higher the level I am and the more upgraded my weapons and armor are, the better off I will be in the final mission or two. Since, I know from others who have played it that the next main mission I have is an extremely long one. 

Good news that the first three Tomb Raider games are being remastered for PS4 and PS5, due to be released early next year.

(Hopefully to a slightly higher standard than the shambles that was made of GTA San Andreas.)

On 9/27/2023 at 1:54 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Not that hard until maybe the final two or three set pieces, main game and DLC, because of the upgrade modifications on your items.

That was great game all around, and I got all Playstation trophies.  The sequel is good too, but you have to pay for the dlc. 😝😝

As expected, Spider-Man 2 is a great game...addictive, with a decent story.  The game graphics are designed to get the most out of a 4K television, using 40FPS instead of 30 or 60.  40FPS helps bring depth to the world...it looks amazing (no pun intended).  I've only put in about 5 hours, so there's a lot more to go yet.  I'm ecstatic to have a game like this to play because Warframe has become a bit of a grind. Lol

finally bit the bullet and picked up a ps5 (pre owned $400)

signed up for ps plus since paying $70 for a game seems out of my budget

been playing world war z aftermath - but a few other games i've downloaded are the miles morales and horizon west

On 11/18/2023 at 7:09 PM, Ken Aldred said:

No Black Friday sale pickups, but I did finally buy Stray for PS5 at a reasonable £17.

I enjoyed that one, but I didn’t get the platinum trophy.  Now I’m waiting for Deadspace remake. 🤣🤣

On 11/19/2023 at 2:21 AM, Galen130 said:

I enjoyed that one, but I didn’t get the platinum trophy.  Now I’m waiting for Deadspace remake. 🤣🤣

Good pick. I’m after that when I find it at the £20-or-less price point.

I have the PS3 trilogy. Classic survival horror. 

On 11/18/2023 at 7:30 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Good pick. I’m after that when I find it at the £20-or-less price point.

I have the PS3 trilogy. Classic survival horror. 

I played it on the Xbox 360…fantastic horror game.  That was a long time ago though, so I picked it up for sale for Black Friday at $34.99 USD.  Can’t wait to play this remake.

On 11/19/2023 at 5:54 AM, Galen130 said:

I played it on the Xbox 360…fantastic horror game.  That was a long time ago though, so I picked it up for sale for Black Friday at $34.99 USD.  Can’t wait to play this remake.

The remaster is supposed to be excellent.  The PS3 versions themselves looked superb and ran well without glitching on that console.