• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Chit Chat Is Welcome!! PlayStation 5/XBox Series X scalping...did you/will you pay inflated prices?
6 6

Scalped PlayStation 5/XBox Series X console  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Have you/will you purchase(d) a PS5 at retailer or scalper price?

• Retailer
    • Scalper
    • I’d rather buy comic books
    • I have better things to do with my hard earned stimulus check

740 posts in this topic

Seems many Dead Space fans, myself included, anticipated far too much from the game, and have been disappointed.

A good, fully-new game, not just the remake of the original this year.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Anyone preordering Jedi Survivor? There's no exclusive lightsabre colour this time, just some parts based on Luke's various sabres, and Han's DL-44 gun skin, among other stuff. I don't know if I want to pay full price for this game, as I still haven't completed the first one. I love the game, I just haven't got around to finishing it yet. 

Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider, PS4.

Basically the same as the previous reboot, but bigger, with the kind of environments you’ve seen before in these games, especially the snowy, frost-bitten military installations and prisons, this time in Siberia.  Nothing  really new in terms of gameplay, while picking up documents and tape recordings reveals a quite boring backstory, and the hidden cities aren’t particularly inventive in design. The Tomb Raider HD collection, the PS3 Legend, Anniversary and Underworld Trilogy was far more imaginative.

Calling the game ‘Rise’ implies an evolution in the character, but you don’t really see any of that.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Halo Infinite on sale for 50 bucks AU, 50% off. Worth it just for a campaign? I still haven't done said campaign, so it's new content, and I LOVE Halo and do want to sdd the game to my digital collection and of course play it at some stage. Is now the right time?

For now I've only played a bit of the multiplayer, which was only okay, limited by the absurdly money-driven approach 343 has taken to how they're running it. 

How would others rate the campaign? 

Just finished Infamous Second Son, PS5 upgrade.

It was okay; nice smooth graphics, interesting and lengthy main story missions, but too few of them, and padded out with turf war gameplay where you had to take back sectors of Seattle, and a limited range of repetitive side tasks.

Loaded up the Witcher 3 Complete PS5 Edition today via my PS4 GOTY disc's free upgrade, so I probably won't be posting here again until next year.  (It's supposed to be quite big).  Superb graphics.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 1/9/2023 at 5:46 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Just finished Infamous Second Son, PS5 upgrade.

It was okay; nice smooth graphics, interesting and lengthy main story missions, but too few of them, and padded out with turf war gameplay where you had to take back sectors of Seattle, and a limited range of repetitive side tasks.

Loaded up the Witcher 3 Complete PS5 Edition today via my PS4 GOTY disc's free upgrade, so I probably won't be posting here again until next year.  (It's supposed to be quite big).  Superb graphics.

Pack a lunch for Witcher 3, especially with all the DLC.

You don't have to go to every question mark.:gossip:

On 1/17/2023 at 12:43 AM, Cat said:

ursDG1bCrlc0exn6wkZJ1HJbt1zVElG_j9SdAVZanDM.jpg.bf27756ca9b8af38b5bed65f9536cb71.jpg

Skyrim Syndrome.  Pointless, excessive hoarding.

Doing it again with Witcher 3 PS 5.  Go about 10m, pick a plant. Herbs, herbs, herbs for all those millions of potions I'll likely never make.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 1/18/2023 at 4:06 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Skyrim Syndrome.  Pointless, excessive hoarding.

Doing it again with Witcher 3 PS 5.  Go about 10m, pick a plant. Herbs, herbs, herbs for all those millions of potions I'll likely never make.

I do it with literally every game. Oh this is rare huh? Better hoard it and never use it. What, game's over and I'm sitting on a pile of the stuff now? Yeah still better to be safe than sorry. 

Getting a bit frustrated with Witcher 3 PS 5. All of a sudden starting suffering from frequent crashes.

Edited by Ken Aldred