• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dylanthekid Nomination for the Hall of Shame - Poll Included
12 12

Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?  

251 members have voted

1. 1. Should dylanthekid be in the CGC Hall of Shame?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/29/2021 at 01:35 AM

799 posts in this topic

Well.....that didn't take long.  Just received the following reply from Dylan.

If you are choosing to represent my voice then please represent my voice. If not, then don't. I will not compromise

Just now, Domo Arigato said:

If you are choosing to represent my voice then please represent my voice. If not, then don't. I will not compromise

lol  Anyone want to change their vote to support Dylan now?

40 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

lol  Anyone want to change their vote to support Dylan now?

Look above your post to see my reply. 

And yeah.....anyone that feels Dylan is being treated unfairly is still welcome to start a poll asking that very question.  If a majority of people feel that way, I will be happy to delete this thread and nominate that poll starter as the official Dylan handler from here on out.

Edited by Domo Arigato

10 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

How can you not be representing his voice when you posted his reply verbatim??
-asking for a friend (Buzz).

13 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

So here is a summation of what I said this afternoon to @kav  I am going to post my postulations and not his response as it was a private message.  I don't think he will take mind with this as it is of my personal belief as to how this ends up. 

For those that do not know, Dylan ######## of Great Neck is backed by his father in his comics venture.  This is most likely a response drafted by his father or their lawyer.   So where is this going?   Dylan's team composed of Dylan, his father, and whoever, will probably make a claim that CGC is, "out to get him."

These are SOME of the claims that Dylan's team will make: (I'm not going to offer more thoughts as I don't work for them.)

• They will continue the claim that CGC damaged his AF15's and that his complaints have created a bad relationship between Dylan and CGC
  • They will make the claim that CGC is retaliating against him by allowing this poll to exist without allowing him to defend himself while votes are cast
  • They will make the claim that CGC is retaliating against him by allowing this poll to exist in the purpose of harming his reputation and hampering his ability to conduct business outside of the CGC marketplace.  
  • I made mention of two other things that I will not state publicly.  Again, he sees this, and I do not work for them. 

So what is going to happen.  Dylan will ultimately lose and for a few reasons.  None of which should be shared publicly because we should not present CGC's defense for free and allow Dylan's team to devise a course of action to attack it.   We don't work for Dylan. 

CGC?  Again, this place could continue to become more trouble than it is worth and the PL and HOS and sales in general in the marketplace are shut down.  There is a reason that other companies do not facilitate the buying and selling of their own product from customer to customer on their websites. 

You know what's ironic about all this?

A couple of weeks ago, Dylan tried to start a For Sale thread in the GA/SA/BA forum.  Don't remember that?  Well, if you blinked you missed it because it wasn't there very long.

He started the thread with his rules and, Dylan being Dylan, didn't bother to look at the Board rules for posting, just did his own thang, which included asking for PayPal Friends & Family.  Hey, it's cool on Instagram.

So a member very politely, with no snark or sarcasm, points out that asking for that form of payment is against Board rules.

So Dylan edits his sales rules and, Dylan being Dylan, again doesn't bother to look up what the Board sales rules are, instead decides to be "clever" and accept PayPal but offers a discount if you pay with Friends & Family.  Because nobody here has ever thought or tried that here before and it's not mentioned in the rules at all.

It is again politely pointed out to Dylan that that form of payment request is also against rules to which, Dylan being Dylan, decides to go all filibuster arguing semantics to justify this form of payment....because again, nobody's every tried that before.

At which point the sales thread get poofed.   Dylan tries again to start his sales thread with another attempt at a "clever" workaround to asking for Friends & Family....and the thread gets poofed again.  And for the time being, he gives up on trying to start a sales thread.

So the irony to me is that clearly Dylan, his dad, and their legal team are going to invest all this time and energy in going all legalese dumpster-fire, this drama-lama thread will go on for pages and pages, it's quit possible that as you suggest, CGC will end up shutting the entire sales forums down....and ironically this kid can't even get out of his own way long enough to successfully post a sales thread that conforms to the Board rules to begin with.  

Just now, kav said:

How can you not be representing his voice when you posted his reply verbatim??
-asking for a friend (Buzz).

Because I am not his representation. 

He is trying to treat this like it's some type of legal proceeding....which it is not. 

I do not represent him.  I am not on his side.  If he wants to consider me his copy and paster.....well I'm fine with that.

4 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Because I am not his representation. 

He is trying to treat this like it's some type of legal proceeding....which it is not. 

I do not represent him.  I am not on his side.  If he wants to consider me his copy and paster.....well I'm fine with that.

I just dont understand what he wanted you to do-you said you would forward his reply and you did.  Did he want you to use an accent or something?

49 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Just remember what I said this afternoon.  This is the precursor to where this is headed.

Well I know what i got from this thread. 

Spoiler

20210321_193948.jpg.096d07984a8eee01c64a391445ae4a6b.jpg

but as with the ones I have collected.  I deserved it.

Just the same. The shills got what they deserved and I am sure Dylan will get what he deserves.  

I really do love this community.  :cloud9:

8 minutes ago, kav said:

I just dont understand what he wanted you to do-you said you would forward his reply and you did.  Did he want you to use an accent or something?

" No! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time! " ( with French accent) 

giphy-1.gif.6ade0a50065d5c15e8c9d055c8093432.gif

25 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:

Look above your post to see my reply. 

And yeah.....anyone that feels Dylan is being treated unfairly is still welcome to start a poll asking that very question.  If a majority of people feel that way, I will be happy to delete this thread and nominate you as the official Dylan handler from here on out.

You're doing great.  Dylan is gonna do his best to play us and confuse us and threaten us and none of it will work.

9 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Well I know what i got from this thread. 

Hide contents

20210321_193948.jpg.096d07984a8eee01c64a391445ae4a6b.jpg

but as with the ones I have collected.  I deserved it.

Just the same. The shills got what they deserved and I am sure Dylan will get what he deserves.  

I really do love this community.  :cloud9:

You couldnt do what you want!!  mail.gif

3 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

" No! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time! " ( with French accent) 

giphy-1.gif.6ade0a50065d5c15e8c9d055c8093432.gif

AF 15? We already have one-

16 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

You know what's ironic about all this?

A couple of weeks ago, Dylan tried to start a For Sale thread in the GA/SA/BA forum.  Don't remember that?  Well, if you blinked you missed it because it wasn't there very long.

He started the thread with his rules and, Dylan being Dylan, didn't bother to look at the Board rules for posting, just did his own thang, which included asking for PayPal Friends & Family.  Hey, it's cool on Instagram.

So a member very politely, with no snark or sarcasm, points out that asking for that form of payment is against Board rules.

So Dylan edits his sales rules and, Dylan being Dylan, again doesn't bother to look up what the Board sales rules are, instead decides to be "clever" and accept PayPal but offers a discount if you pay with Friends & Family.  Because nobody here has ever thought or tried that here before and it's not mentioned in the rules at all.

It is again politely pointed out to Dylan that that form of payment request is also against rules to which, Dylan being Dylan, decides to go all filibuster arguing semantics to justify this form of payment....because again, nobody's every tried that before.

At which point the sales thread get poofed.   Dylan tries again to start his sales thread with another attempt at a "clever" workaround to asking for Friends & Family....and the thread gets poofed again.  And for the time being, he gives up on trying to start a sales thread.

So the irony to me is that clearly Dylan, his dad, and their legal team are going to invest all this time and energy in going all legalese dumpster-fire, this drama-lama thread will go on for pages and pages, it's quit possible that as you suggest, CGC will end up shutting the entire sales forums down....and ironically this kid can't even get out of his own way long enough to successfully post a sales thread that conforms to the Board rules to begin with.  

Oh, definitely.  I agree with you that he would ultimately lose.  I am more concerned about the fallout for the rest of us.  There is a reason that Prodigy and AOL did not want sales going on over their service back in 1996.  Anyone else remember listing Star Wars figures for an amount of "Yodaskins" as a workaround?

Any lawsuit ultimately loses but CGC would have to shift the blame to the "nameless" users of the forum.  At that point the forum becomes one step closer to being not worth the trouble it takes to host it.   Then we lose Greggy and I don't think any of you are prepared for that. 

7 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I agree, maybe Dylan needs to switch up his negotiation tactics....I'm going to edit as soon as I go back to your initial thread to remind me why we are here in the first place

Technically it's not really interfering with someone's business, Dylan did not prevent Polansky from selling the item, which would be interfering with someone's business. In Technical terms he was being obnoxious, had he attempted to circumvent a transaction between Polansky and someone else then that would be running interference.

It's obvious Dylan isn't well liked, and his own business tactics should be brought in question, but if anyone would read his spiteful thread against Polansky it wouldn't make people decide against doing business with Polansky. My interpretation of interference is not this

He didn't just create a spiteful thread.  He created a nomination thread nominating Polonsky for the probation list when, by Dylans own admission, Polonsky hadn't violated any forum selling rules.

This ABSOLUTELY is interfering with someone's business and I can't believe this is the hill you're willing to die on.  I think you need to check your facts again.

Edited by Domo Arigato
spelling