• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,631 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I feel you, I'm in the same boat. Getting a pretty big financial shaft from this at the moment. Couldn't get my stuff back, been renting tables months in advance then not having the stuff back to sell. I wouldn't rail on Paul too much though. Based off his job description on his profile I don't think the issues stem from what he does. Think he just has an interest/knowledge in this collectible area so he ends up posting in this section a lot.

There is not a single aspect of the backup that is Paul's fault, but he has chosen as his career to put himself between the lies of CGC and their paying customers.
I have to deal with Paul's empty answers here and on Facebook (can't even complain in private Pokémon groups, he found me there), so I will complain about Paul as well.
On top of the insane amount of nonsense happening in house, posts like these (pictured) are becoming more and more prevalent in the private Pokemon communities.
 image.png.28b67cfa33661af34d11fac45d4e6a82.png

(broken slabs, scuffed/dents from trash packing material *that Paul claimed was tested to be better, hair/fuzz inside slabs)

I fully understand that with the increase in subs there will be an increase is accidents/qc, but the ratio is skewed with CGC.

Quality has gone down the toilet while prices have shot through the roof. Run while you can.

Edited by tomatocan
Formatting.

2 hours ago, tomatocan said:

There is not a single aspect of the backup that is Paul's fault, but he has chosen as his career to put himself between the lies of CGC and their paying customers.
I have to deal with Paul's empty answers here and on Facebook (can't even complain in private Pokémon groups, he found me there), so I will complain about Paul as well.
On top of the insane amount of nonsense happening in house, posts like these (pictured) are becoming more and more prevalent in the private Pokemon communities.
 image.png.28b67cfa33661af34d11fac45d4e6a82.png

(broken slabs, scuffed/dents from trash packing material *that Paul claimed was tested to be better, hair/fuzz inside slabs)

I fully understand that with the increase in subs there will be an increase is accidents/qc, but the ratio is skewed with CGC.

Quality has gone down the toilet while prices have shot through the roof. Run while you can.

I haven’t had that bad experience with CGC yet, knock on wood. I’ve submitted 4 times with them and all have been about what what I expected. ( 2 Standard , 1 Econ , 1 Bulk ) . January Bulk and 2nd Standard sub is on its way back this week. I expected to wait this long. You should see the wait for PSA , my August Bulk hasn’t even hit grading yet. All the grades were about what I expected. No damaged slabs yet. If I were to give some tough criticism, it would be on the return packaging. My first sub it was very nicely packaged in foam slots. Now, they just put thin cardboard paper between each slab, which doesn’t seem very protected. Hope they change back but I’m sure it saves them tons of time and money.

13 hours ago, tomatocan said:

LMAO and they delete my post and issue me a warning for speaking truth about their "glitch"

CGC doing CGC things. Please do not waste any more of your money on this company. They are going down the toilet.

These are private forums - your "freedom of speech" does not apply here.  Just an FYI

I've noticed that basically none of their "glitches" are ever rectified. I've had several submissions where the link to tracking information did not populate. I've also had multiple submissions that were missing images of the cards and, after contacting customer support, I was told they would eventually show up, although they never have. Several of my submissions also have weird characters added to the names of the cards and now the glitch with the submission statuses. It seems like there's always some issue going on.

6 hours ago, Dylan Thigpen said:

Is the glitch still active? Its been 4 days

Its their weekend off, they work mon-fri, so i wouldn't expect a fix until monday, but we’ll see. Its just very unprofessional to leave thousands of people in the dirt

2 hours ago, MattyIcee said:

Just to be clear... Is there anyone that has a sub that IS NOT showing "scheduled for grading"? I feel like this should've been fixed the day they announced this was an issue.. What a mess.

Everything on my end was already scheduled for grading, it moved to grading/encap/imaging. 
Everything just moved on to the next phase.

On 7/10/2021 at 9:06 PM, Sassums said:

These are private forums - your "freedom of speech" does not apply here.  Just an FYI

Ok, first of all why is "freedom of speech" in quotes? I never used those words. 
Secondly, it actually fully does apply here.
Nothing about a private institution disregards the constitution but thanks for playing I guess?
They can 100% still delete anything I say, but your reasoning behind it is completely idiotic.

Who said it was a glitch? Seems like a glitch is the perfect word to avoid blame. Was it a HACK? It seems to me that hacks are far more difficult to fix. Seems like a glitch would be easy to fix. Unless it wasn't a glitch.I think someone messed with CGC and they are not being transparent about it. Why else would they play hush hush. Seems like they would be saying something if it was a simple glitch. Also, what if they were intentionally holding submissions back to seem overwhelmed in order to justify a price increase. A threshold could have been reached where they had to update the real status of our cards. Just brainstorming for fun. LOL

7 hours ago, joe_signs said:

Who said it was a glitch? Seems like a glitch is the perfect word to avoid blame. Was it a HACK? It seems to me that hacks are far more difficult to fix. Seems like a glitch would be easy to fix. Unless it wasn't a glitch.I think someone messed with CGC and they are not being transparent about it. Why else would they play hush hush. Seems like they would be saying something if it was a simple glitch. Also, what if they were intentionally holding submissions back to seem overwhelmed in order to justify a price increase. A threshold could have been reached where they had to update the real status of our cards. Just brainstorming for fun. LOL

It's a few pages back.

2 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

It's a few pages back.

Paul came out and said, "it is a glitch." but that was just piggy backin' off of someone's assumption. Paul can say anything to us at anytime. I am talking about an official release from the company. It would take them literally two hours to write something up and post it on the site. But they have been quiet about it. Seems kind of suspicious to me. They are not letting us know what is going on. If this is a "glitch" it is a huge one and needs to be taken care of asap or at least addressed. It all seems weird to me.

I have a bulk submission that consists of both subgrades and non subgrades. With the "glitch" both moved to "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" but today my subgrade bulk moved to Grading / Quality Control. Honestly it's giving me too much hope lol. Im assuming it's still the "glitch" but I'm hoping I get my stuff back before the national. 

Edit: Both Have been moved to "Grading/Quality Control"

This is a bulk submission received 2/8 for all those bulk and economy subs out there. 

Edited by Cam Parker

16 hours ago, MattyIcee said:

Just to be clear... Is there anyone that has a sub that IS NOT showing "scheduled for grading"? I feel like this should've been fixed the day they announced this was an issue.. What a mess.

Yes. All but one of my Bulk submissions moved to Scheduled for grading last week. One is still showing "Received".

2 hours ago, Cam Parker said:

I have a bulk submission that consists of both subgrades and non subgrades. With the "glitch" both moved to "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" but today my subgrade bulk moved to Grading / Quality Control. Honestly it's giving me too much hope lol. Im assuming it's still the "glitch" but I'm hoping I get my stuff back before the national. 

Edit: Both Have been moved to "Grading/Quality Control"

This is a bulk submission received 2/8 for all those bulk and economy subs out there. 

I think those are actual moving, don't think that's glitched lol