• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,634 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2021 at 5:07 PM, Trolheis said:

Economy - 2/11 - 77 Cards - FINALIZED AND SHIPPED TODAY
Once moved to Quality Control, it shipped the very next day.

oof, my 2/10 had 80 cards, 16 had subgrades. the finalized, shipped the 16 with subgrades 2 days ago and my none subgrades are still waiting to be graded

I have two submissions from 2/12, and both have been in Grading/Encapsulating/Imaging for 14 days now.  Seems that's way above normal.  Anybody else have cards stuck in this phase, or does this warrant a call to CGC?

On 7/23/2021 at 10:13 AM, drewwebs said:

I have two submissions from 2/12, and both have been in Grading/Encapsulating/Imaging for 14 days now.  Seems that's way above normal.  Anybody else have cards stuck in this phase, or does this warrant a call to CGC?

My standard submission that's 60+ business days is in the same boat. I'm waiting for a response via email today hopefully. I usually get a response in 48 hours by email.....

Edited by HomeGrownPoke1

On 7/23/2021 at 7:22 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

My standard submission that's 60+ business days is in the same boat. I'm waiting for a response via email today hopefully. I usually get a response in 48 hours by email.....

Great, would love to hear what they say whenever they do get back to you.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:13 AM, drewwebs said:

I have a economy submission received 2/11 that is in the same boat. They just changed how they do the stages of grading so maybe this stage takes longer now. Ill give it a week and I'm gonna reach out.

On 7/23/2021 at 10:26 AM, Isapayne15 said:

Anyone know why the subgrades of 9-9-10-9.5 make a card a 9 as opposed to a 9.5?

CGC has mentioned before that if the two lowest sub grades on a card are identical, then the overall grade will be that lowest subgrade. I personally have seen this to be pretty consistent when the subgrades are all high. 

On 7/23/2021 at 10:50 AM, JohnBurke said:

Maybe someone spilled Pepsi on one of the encapsulation machines and it’s just down for a bit 

I had 2 cards get ruined because someone spilled a drink on them.  They gave me credit for what they’re estimate valued at.  

On 7/23/2021 at 11:48 AM, JDayAD said:

I have a economy submission received 2/11 that is in the same boat. They just changed how they do the stages of grading so maybe this stage takes longer now. Ill give it a week and I'm gonna reach out.

I am guessing that they got slammed with submissions the week prior to the Feb 16 price increase. Waiting on my 2/12 economy as well.

On 7/23/2021 at 1:02 PM, LuckyMouse said:

I am guessing that they got slammed with submissions the week prior to the Feb 16 price increase. Waiting on my 2/12 economy as well.

Youre probably right, but damn that sucks lol. I accidentally shipped my cards without CGC Cards on the label, just CGC so it took an extra 2-3 weeks to be received. Our time will come soon!      

On 7/23/2021 at 1:21 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

They gave me a copy and paste answer. None of my questions were answered at all.... lol

Screenshot_20210723-161857_Gmail.jpg

BIG FAT NOTHING BURGER RIGHT THERE!! Check the website often. CGC now stands for, Check, Go Check!

On 4/6/2021 at 5:46 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

His statement is fairly correct, because grading has nothing to do with wants. Grading has to do with subjective assessment of objective condition. CGC couldn't - and shouldn't - care less about what the aftermarket wants. It's their job as a 3rd party grading service to accurately assign a grade to a product.

Exactly, that’s the whole point to getting your cards graded. Loosening their standards would definitely ruin their brand and turn them into a sub par grading service. I like how strict they are cause 10s shouldn’t be given out unless the card is perfect. Keeps the premium high on those cards and furthermore, it’s the right thing to do for their company and their customers.

On 7/23/2021 at 6:48 PM, Furtnot said:

Has anyone noticed the new turnaround times yet? 32 days for express along with some other changes, at least they aren't lying anymore lol

I just noticed that - yesterday express was like 7 days