• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,635 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2021 at 10:40 AM, tomatocan said:

That was happening earlier in the year, but no this is not what you're seeing here. 

The "Received" status of submissions has been totally changed to "Scheduled for Grading"
Cards will say "Scheduled for Grading" as soon as they are delivered and processed at CGC.

There seems to be some crosstalk with these 2 phenomena.

I completely forgot that received is not when it was actually delivered. So when I saw someone post that their sub showed as received 6/23 & shipped out 7/15, I didn't take into account that theirs probably was delivered sometime early April. My standard sub was delivered 5/13, so I would think it should be entered into the system in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed

The thing I would like to be clarified is for the people who sent in their standard subs BEFORE they said to write ST on the package. I assume all of those packages are sitting with the bulk/economy subs since nothing was written on the packages. I would also assume the standard pile gets opened at a faster rate than the bulk/econ pile. So when they get to my package, does my sub get placed in front of the packages that were delivered after mine, but were opened before mine since they were told to write ST on the package? I hope I explained it clearly.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:05 AM, Keith Bradford said:

TCG - Standard (w/ Subs) order Update! 

Delivered: 04/27/21 

Received/Scheduled for Grading: 07/26/21

Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging: 07/29/21

1st ed Chunky Snorlax Boi is coming home soon! 

I hate to burst your bubble, but my cards have been in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging for almost a month

On 7/29/2021 at 12:06 PM, jjgloster said:

The thing I would like to be clarified is for the people who sent in their standard subs BEFORE they said to write ST on the package. I assume all of those packages are sitting with the bulk/economy subs since nothing was written on the packages. I would also assume the standard pile gets opened at a faster rate than the bulk/econ pile. So when they get to my package, does my sub get placed in front of the packages that were delivered after mine, but were opened before mine since they were told to write ST on the package? I hope I explained it clearly.

CGC says submissions like yours get fast tracked... But who knows really. My standard delivered 4/15 should be shipped back this week. Was told that it was over 105 business days when I called Monday with concerns. TAT for standard around 4/15 was 48 days. So give them time. No reason to get mad like I did. It's pointless in the end... lol

Edited by HomeGrownPoke1

On 7/29/2021 at 12:28 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

CGC says submissions like yours get fast tracked... But who knows really. My standard delivered 4/15 should be shipped back this week. Was told that it was over 105 business days when I called Monday with concerns. TAT for standard around 4/15 was 48 days. So give them time. No reason to get mad like I did. It's pointless in the end... lol

Yeah I've come to conclusion there's no point in getting mad. Won't make my cards come any faster lol

On 7/29/2021 at 12:46 PM, jjgloster said:

Yeah I've come to conclusion there's no point in getting mad. Won't make my cards come any faster lol

Amen to that. My bulk was received 6/9 so I've got another 5-6 months of the waiting game. I just want to hopefully get them back by the end of the year at this point lol

On 7/29/2021 at 11:18 AM, drewwebs said:

I hate to burst your bubble, but my cards have been in Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging for almost a month

Have you called to make sure there aren't issues with payment?

On 7/29/2021 at 12:18 PM, drewwebs said:

Well thanks for the heads up. I'm still going to check the subs page every day like a sucker though lol 

On 7/29/2021 at 12:39 PM, Keith Bradford said:

Well thanks for the heads up. I'm still going to check the subs page every day like a sucker though lol 

Don't feel bad, I literally have it up on a side screen with an automatic refresh -script to reload the page every 5 minutes.  Cheers to being suckers together :tink:

Standard Order W/Subgrades - 10 cards

Delivered: 7/6/21

Received: 7/9/21

Scheduled for Grading: 7/9/21

Grading/Encapsulation: ? - Missed the exact date on this one when I was on vacation, was sometime during the week of 7/12 though.

Grading/Quality Control: 7/29/21 (payment also taken 7/29)

This one going really smoothly, pretty happy on how quick it's moved so far!

On 7/31/2021 at 3:54 AM, iTorqueYou said:

Well all of my submissions have now disappeared from my account. I can't even search them with the submission/order number. Big ole bugs floating around here apparently lol

Well me too. Came here to check to make sure I wasn't the only one

Same thing noticed this morning. Between this, wildly fluctuating turnaround times, and them mislabeling a recent card of mine (website didn't match the slab label) that made it impossible to sell, glad to see CGC running a tight ship.

Edited by ZNDavis

Anyone who with receive submission around 2/11 - Economy get their cards back yet?

I know there's was a glitch, but i've been on  Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging for a month now and due to the glitch I really don't know where in the process I actually am. 

Edited by JonCGC

On 8/1/2021 at 9:18 AM, JonCGC said:

Anyone who with receive submission around 2/11 - Economy get their cards back yet?

I know there's was a glitch, but i've been on  Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging for a month now and due to the glitch I really don't know where in the process I actually am. 

There's no glitch. Scheduled for grading is the new received, so there was some confusion on the boards. If you're in grading/encapsulation/imaging, then they are actually grading your cards. Mine have also been in that stage about a month (2/12 received). They'll hit grading/quality control one day, and about a week after that you should have them back. 

Seems 2/10, 2/11, 2/12 were an outsized proportion of submissions, but those are the ones that are being returned around now. I can't tell you how long this will take, but I've seen a lot of posts from people with those three dates that have either just gotten their cards back, or just gone into grading.