• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The OFFICIAL Turn Around Times thread for Trading Card Submissions!
9 9

2,635 posts in this topic

On 9/17/2021 at 5:08 AM, Oreos said:

Cards were in Quality Control/Finalized for awhile....then all of a sudden went to Grading/Quality Control. Doesn't that seem like a step back? I called just to make sure it was not an accounting error and they charged me over the phone and said it was not and the Econ from 6/12 should be shipped out by next friday.

Meanwhile, my 2/12 econ is still in encapsulation. 

On 9/17/2021 at 7:50 PM, InMyB4g said:

bulk 50 cards received 4/4/21 and still waiting on it to move from scheduled for grading... from reading here I won's see a change until November and probably won't get cards back until December or next year smh

Did you expect them sooner?  Early next year was right in line with turnaround times in april.

On 9/18/2021 at 5:43 AM, Justin Wright said:

Bulk 51 cards no subs

Received: 3/13

Scheduled for Grading: 4/1

G/E/I: 8/18

Quality Control/Finalized: 9/17

Bulk 59 cards (52 w/subs + 7 no subs)

Recieved: 3/15

SFG: 7/9 (not sure why tf it’s so far off..)

G/E/I: 9/1 

Time since “Delivered”: 6 months and 23 days.. 😒

Called and paid for submission via phone in hopes of getting something back soon. Might be wishful thinking but would be great to actually get a card back in the next month.

Side rant: Not quite sure how sub-grades add 5 additional days to the turnaround when overall grades are based off of centering, surface, edges, and corner scores regardless. Literally makes no sense (and the cost of them is another topic with no rationale). Does it take 5 business days to add sub grade to the label? Anyone care to shed light on this? @admin

On 9/18/2021 at 7:53 AM, iSniipe said:

Called and paid for submission via phone in hopes of getting something back soon. Might be wishful thinking but would be great to actually get a card back in the next month.

Side rant: Not quite sure how sub-grades add 5 additional days to the turnaround when overall grades are based off of centering, surface, edges, and corner scores regardless. Literally makes no sense (and the cost of them is another topic with no rationale). Does it take 5 business days to add sub grade to the label? Anyone care to shed light on this? @admin

Totally agree, I mean they should be evaluating and giving everything a number grade anyway.

On 9/18/2021 at 7:53 AM, iSniipe said:

It is not about rationale; rather, it is about profit and marketing. They know people are willing to pay for the comfort of knowing why their card was graded a 9. It is kind of mean when you think about it. We pay them to grade the card and then they extort more money if we want to know why the card was given a certain grade. As if paying them for a quality evaluation and waiting a year isn't enough.

On 9/18/2021 at 7:51 AM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Shipped 9/20/21? Are you in the future?  Lol

A firm yes on that question, but past present future shenanigans aside I feel like this is just them entering the shipping data in the system and the physical package will get to Fedex on the 20th after the weekend passes. I thought that was funny too, CGC so quirky xD 

On 9/18/2021 at 8:17 AM, joe_signs said:

It is not about rationale; rather, it is about profit and marketing. They know people are willing to pay for the comfort of knowing why their card was graded a 9. It is kind of mean when you think about it. We pay them to grade the card and then they extort more money if we want to know why the card was given a certain grade. As if paying them for a quality evaluation and waiting a year isn't enough.

RANT: Plus, there is an argument to be made that sub-grades could go as far to detract value given that people (read: this particular market) love their 10s and if your card doesn't grade a 10 you have not just one 9 but, like, four sub-9s to scare people off further. I fully regret purchasing subgrades after looking at my grading. No 10s, just a smattering of 9s and 9.5s for pack fresh cards so, like, what's the point of gambling on manufacturing deficiencies? It's not like those grades speak of anything regarding the life those cards have had, if anything, because I'm weird, an 8.5 or lower would be more attractive to me because at least those cards saw some use beyond capitalistic gains *cough*. Especially 2020-era Pokemon which is notorious for not being 100% on their manufacturing game, those 9s I received on my Marnie's slashed an easy $400-600 off what people will be willing to pay, plus Shiny Star V got a reprint which drove her value down :(. I don't think the market will ever mature to the point of a CGC 9 being worthy as a possible PSA 10 contender, the logic just doesn't compute because you need to factor in people needing to crack the cases and submit to PSA in order to get the grade you want, so that's an automatic -$150 from a potential CGC sale because sale listings always compare grades with PSA's metric. Maybe things will be more clear when the population report comes out, but even then you have to factor in the business and it's faults in general... like, look at Evolutions XY Charizard... PSA 10s are rare because... manufacturing... a 9 compared to a 10 is like, what, 300 bucks compared to 1500+? Given that this stuff is all unregulated, it's all... literally gambling, just with all of these stop gaps in between to remove that pretense. And the house, that being The Pokemon Company who can't properly print cards, always wins because they don't gain or lose money based on those defects. A booster box sells for a booster box... so, invest in sealed product! Opening packs is a huge mistake!

On 9/18/2021 at 4:39 AM, Justin Wright said:

Was that with a bulk sub? This is my first bulk sub all my others were standard and express so I wonder if that’s the difference. 

Express and standard had the cardboard.  I haven't gotten any bulk back yet.

On 9/18/2021 at 2:50 PM, Oreos said:

Have you called them? o.o ... that seems..crazy

I've called many times.  The most recent was about 2 weeks ago, and they said it should finish that week.  Honestly, I'll just take the insurance money at this point.  Just stop dragging me along.

On 9/19/2021 at 8:04 PM, drewwebs said:

I've called many times.  The most recent was about 2 weeks ago, and they said it should finish that week.  Honestly, I'll just take the insurance money at this point.  Just stop dragging me along.

This is asinine. My 2/12 economy shipped on 8/10. PM @PaulS. and have him check on it for you. I'm sure he will get you taken care of.