• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Trading Card Resources
1 1

12 posts in this topic

Yeah man I have actually been looking in to old topics and threads started about it here on the boards. I replied to one. I mean honestly. it isnt hard for them to hop on here and raise our grading prices and take more money from us, yet we have been asking for that small thing to be implemented for MONTHS since they started grading cards and it hasnt been accomplished. Like when they stated to the world that they were going to start grading cards they should have had something already completed for population reports. im sure they assumed trading grading cards would lift off, especially when they decided to start doing it during a massive incline in collector society.....its nuts

Edited by GuiltyWaiver

8 hours ago, GuiltyWaiver said:

Yeah man I have actually been looking in to old topics and threads started about it here on the boards. I replied to one. I mean honestly. it isnt hard for them to hop on here and raise our grading prices and take more money from us, yet we have been asking for that small thing to be implemented for MONTHS since they started grading cards and it hasnt been accomplished. Like when they stated to the world that they were going to start grading cards they should have had something already completed for population reports. im sure they assumed trading grading cards would lift off, especially when they decided to start doing it during a massive incline in collector society.....its nuts

To be fair, I can see why they havent done it and its because they just have no time to do it. I dont see how they are going to handle the massive incoming card volume as it is. Either TAT's or prices are going to change, yet no word on that yet even though its going to happen very soon if it hasnt happened already.

At the same time, why cgc employees are on here or on social media wasting time instead of doing work is another question. Not saying they need to work 24/7, but as a business owner, I wouldnt be wasting my time on the internet. If I had tons of work to work on, I wouldnt be ignoring it so I can gab on a message board it. Alot of companies seem to have this issue now a days to where they think their image on the internet matters when in the real world, nobody actually cares. I have social media pages for my business and I barely update them since my customers dont really care about them. I have no clue why there is a CGC forum in the first place. Maybe a modded only section would be ok, but I dont see how its a good usage of resources. If they killed this board tomorrow and got the mods into the mail room,  that would be a huge improvement to their backlog situation. Its a free country and CGC can do whatever they want, but if it was me, Id probably be doing that.

Edited by geraldfordfan69

40 minutes ago, geraldfordfan69 said:

To be fair, I can see why they havent done it and its because they just have no time to do it. I dont see how they are going to handle the massive incoming card volume as it is. Either TAT's or prices are going to change, yet no word on that yet even though its going to happen very soon if it hasnt happened already.

At the same time, why cgc employees are on here or on social media wasting time instead of doing work is another question. Not saying they need to work 24/7, but as a business owner, I wouldnt be wasting my time on the internet. If I had tons of work to work on, I wouldnt be ignoring it so I can gab on a message board it. Alot of companies seem to have this issue now a days to where they think their image on the internet matters when in the real world, nobody actually cares. I have social media pages for my business and I barely update them since my customers dont really care about them. I have no clue why there is a CGC forum in the first place. Maybe a modded only section would be ok, but I dont see how its a good usage of resources. If they killed this board tomorrow and got the mods into the mail room,  that would be a huge improvement to their backlog situation. Its a free country and CGC can do whatever they want, but if it was me, Id probably be doing that.

Well, okey dokey then. We know how you would run the business now. I'm ready to move on, hopefully you are too.

It's cute that people think that graders are responding to them on the internet (pro tip, they aren't, there are more positions than just graders at CGC.....). It's also adorable that people have no concept of time when it comes to sheet data entry and coding a website. This isn't some BS you can whip up on Wix guys lol, nor is the data entry something that one person can handle. You would have a backlog first and foremost and if you didn't have a massive number of employees working on it from the get go you would never get to the current population, because you'd always be working from a deficit.

Not only that, it'd give the people of this forum yet another thing to complain about, so why would they expend more time and energy towards something that will inevitably be put on blast on this forum and via their phone system anyways?

Also the "If it was my business..." stuff that always seems to pop up.....it's not, let it go, you'll never own them or even be relevant enough to have an opinion that matters about them to dictate how they do business. If you don't like that, the door on the way out is a pull, not push, so you don't look like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person leaving. K bai!

lol i love how some people stay true to companies they use. if only brown nosing got people somewhere <3 cute. ps. it isnt hard they already have all the data from submissions. it 100% isnt hard to make a pop report app lol. send me the mess and ill do it. period point blank the app should have been released when they released to the media that they were accepting trading card submissions. they have only created more work for themselves. had they not cared about our money and cared about providing to their customers. im guessing it would have ended up differently, however this is the end result. us wanting MORE MORE MORE oh god we want so much more. If only people had more common sense and business sense <3... kthxbaiii

Edited by GuiltyWaiver

17 hours ago, LuckyMouse said:

Well, okey dokey then. We know how you would run the business now. I'm ready to move on, hopefully you are too.

Glad I am not the only one tired of seeing what looks like the same thing regurgitated over and over..  

990994731_giphy(6).gif.7e27c667bde4e7578b00379eccccf2ed.gif

1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Glad I am not the only one tired of seeing what looks like the same thing regurgitated over and over..  

990994731_giphy(6).gif.7e27c667bde4e7578b00379eccccf2ed.gif

Sometimes, when the same thing keeps being said over and over I surmise the person saying it feels that what they are saying is not being heard, or understood. Or it's just their nature to be mean and argumentative. Who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

app or population report tab on the website. either or is what im referring to.

as for hearing the same things over and over again. no one makes anyone continue to read into a post once whomever is reading knows the nature and direction of the post....just saying. if you're continuing to read it then be an who wants to argue, maybe it isnt everyone else reposting the same things over and over?

8 hours ago, GuiltyWaiver said:

lol i love how some people stay true to companies they use. if only brown nosing got people somewhere <3 cute. ps. it isnt hard they already have all the data from submissions. it 100% isnt hard to make a pop report app lol. send me the mess and ill do it. period point blank the app should have been released when they released to the media that they were accepting trading card submissions. they have only created more work for themselves. had they not cared about our money and cared about providing to their customers. im guessing it would have ended up differently, however this is the end result. us wanting MORE MORE MORE oh god we want so much more. If only people had more common sense and business sense <3... kthxbaiii

My post wasn't even directed at you, but since you seemed to take it nice and personal, sure why not.

I disagree and I'm speaking from a standpoint of development and business. They had absolutely no idea how or even if they would be successful in the market at all. They are jumping in to the water at a deficit against established companies. You don't slap additional cost and development time in to an investment unless you know it's going to pay off. This isn't the stock market where you sit there and take chances. They tested the waters, and they are not even a year in to this endeavor and already people are jumping down their throats acting like investors who owns a stock portion of the company. Entitled little dweebs and pukes with superiority complexes coming out in droves demanding things when they have no idea of any of the facts behind the scenes whatsoever. I don't have those facts either, which is why I'm calling those exact little dweebs and pukes out on how they could possibly know where, what or why CGC is doing what they are doing. Please, enlighten us all knowing ones, tell us how to code a website, tell us how to run a business, tell us how to grade cards, tell us how to spend our money, tell us how to retroactively put thousands of data submissions in to searchable spreadsheets, by all means, you guys seem to have the answers, spit it out already.

I've never graded cards before I made my submission to CGC, I owe them nothing except the money for the services that they provide. Would I like to see them become successful? Yes absolutely, because competition in the market helps drive the others to push for success as well. Cheaper rates, better service, it all derives from competition. It behooves me to see CGC succeed and I would love it if even more companies started popping up on the market as well. Do I care if they answer people on the internet chat boards about their product? Not one damn bit, because if I had actual questions, I would reach out to CGC's customer service personally, via email or phone....you know, like an adult would do.....