• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cgcinhousesignng a lot in house signings? Pg numbers of signers and deadlines in 1st post.
6 6

576 posts in this topic

On 6/4/2022 at 8:54 AM, waynemel said:
On 6/3/2022 at 11:21 AM, rexinnih said:

Wait, wait, there's been actual movement on one of my Claremont Sig Series submissions. It has moved to G/E/I. Other one is "Scheduled for Grading." Both went to CCS. 

Good for you. My Bendis SS submission has been in SFG since beginning of May.  Hope it makes some movement next week.  What is odd is that I already got one back and both went to CCS like you.  I would have thought that they would have been done together and sent back together like my other submissions.  

Odd that some are slower than others, must be aggravating :pullhair::foryou: 

I hope they're not slowing down.

On 6/3/2022 at 9:35 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

awesome, nice to see someone report. I know it's a long shot, but anyone with Eastman movement?

lol CCS charged me like a couple of days before mine was signed, but then I called to have cgc charge me as well, because there was room on my card before the statement ended.

HaHa now I'm like will it go slower lol but departments aren't supposed to know the other, but again, with payment they might :cheers:

Anyway, it'll be nice to see something back, period, Gook Luck Peoples!

Other Claremont submission now showing G/E/I also. My Last Ronin team submission is still "Received at CCS." I'll be seeing Eastman in a few weeks at the Washington State Summer Con and get a photo and a few in person signatures there. 

On 6/4/2022 at 6:54 AM, waynemel said:

Good for you. My Bendis SS submission has been in SFG since beginning of May.  Hope it makes some movement next week.  What is odd is that I already got one back and both went to CCS like you.  I would have thought that they would have been done together and sent back together like my other submissions.  

In my case it's because 3 of the 8 I submitted are "custom labels" and that creates a separate invoice. I do like those custom labels 

My Claremonts (Signed 4/20) shipped today! Very happy with the grades. Was hesitant on X-Men 105 and 125 as I eyeballed in the 8ish range but glad I sent. Super Happy with all X-Men #1's (Lee series) coming back 9.8 and Annual 14 moving up from previous 9.6 to 9.8. All submitted for pressing. 

Claremont 1.jpg

Claremont 2.jpg

On 6/8/2022 at 11:59 AM, rexinnih said:

My Claremonts (Signed 4/20) shipped today! Very happy with the grades. Was hesitant on X-Men 105 and 125 as I eyeballed in the 8ish range but glad I sent. Super Happy with all X-Men #1's (Lee series) coming back 9.8 and Annual 14 moving up from previous 9.6 to 9.8. All submitted for pressing. 

Claremont 1.jpg

Claremont 2.jpg

Congrats.  And a bump!

CGC Announces In-House Private Signing Event with Comic Book Writer Tom Taylor

Posted on 6/15/2022

CGC is thrilled to welcome Tom Taylor for an exclusive signing event!

TOMTAYLOR_ARTICLE_120220615114801703.png

CGC is excited to announce a Private Signing event with acclaimed comic book writer, Tom Taylor! Taylor is a fantastic writer with works at both Marvel and DC. With fan-favorite runs on Nightwing, All-New Wolverine, Injustice, DCeased, X-Men: Red and more, he has created quite the name for himself in the industry.

“The CGC Signature Series team is excited to welcome Tom for this In-House Private Signing event,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “It’s not every day we’re lucky enough to have a comic creator all the way from Australia join us for a signing! Tom’s work is high caliber and his recent Eisner nomination is proof of that.”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, July 8, 2022.

If the In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.

After Taylor signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Tom Taylor is $75 per item and includes:

• Tom Taylor’s signature
  • Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
  • Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
  • Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label

Submission Instructions

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join

To submit books for the signing:

• Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
  • Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
  • Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
  • Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
    TOM TAYLOR, PRIVATE SIGNING.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to TOM TAYLOR under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write TT on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing. 
  • Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
  • Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, July 8, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, July 8, 2022.

*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

Stay Informed

Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!

Subscribe Now

Articles List

On 6/17/2022 at 3:02 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

JSC signing announced today

looks like CGC trying to squeeze an extra $10 from us this time

CGC is excited to announce our third annual Private Signing event with the talented comic book artist J. Scott Campbell! Without a doubt, Campbell is one of the industry’s finest and most sought-after cover artists with a versatile and unique style that has brought many of Marvel and DC’s most iconic characters to life.

In addition to his iconic work for Marvel and DC, he co-founded the Cliffhanger imprint as part of Wildstorm Productions, has worked side by side with Robert Kirkman (The Walking Dead and Oblivion Song) and Todd McFarlane (Spawn and Spawn’s Universe) and other acclaimed artists and writers. J. Scott has recently created the sought-after X-Men #1 variant featuring Rogue and the popular selection of artist exclusive variants for the first issue of the Amazing Spider-Man relaunch. J. Scott is currently working on a series of Marvel cover artwork celebrating the 60th Anniversary of the universe created by Stan Lee.

“The CGC Signature Series team is thrilled to welcome back J. Scott Campbell for another In-House Private Signing event,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “He is an incredibly talented artist who fans absolutely love. We’re thrilled to have him join us for another amazing signing opportunity for his fans!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, September 2, 2022.

If the In-House Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled. 

After J. Scott signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for J. Scott Campbell is $90 per item and includes:

• J. Scott Campbell’s signature ($40)
  • Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)

Submission Instructions

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

• Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
    J. SCOTT CAMPBELL, PRIVATE SIGNING.
  • Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to J. SCOTT CAMPBELL under Private Signing Details.
  • On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
  • Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
  • Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
  • Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
  • Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
  • Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write JSC on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing. 
  • Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, September 2, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, September 2, 2022.

**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.

Stay Informed

Want news like this delivered to your inbox once a month? Subscribe to the free CGC eNewsletter today!

Subscribe Now

Articles List

CGC Announces an In-House Private Signing Event with Comic Book Writer Larry Hama

Posted on 6/18/2022

CGC welcomes renowned comic book writer Larry Hama!

LarryHama_ARTICLE_120220613170044923.png

CGC is thrilled to announce that we will be hosting an exclusive In-House Private Signing event with comic book writer, Larry Hama! Hama has worked for DC, Marvel and IDW throughout his lengthy career in the industry.

Hama is best known for his work on G.I. Joe for Marvel Comics and has worked on other series for the publishing giant such as Wolverine, The Punisher War Zone, Iron Fist: Heart of the Dragon, Avengers and more. Hama has also worked on a handful of Batman stories for DC Comics including Batman, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Batman: Shadow of the Bat and Batman: Toyman.

“The CGC Signature Series team is looking forward to having Larry join us for this In-House Private Signing event,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “His work on G.I. Joe helped develop the brand into the phenomenon it became. We can’t wait to see all the awesome fan submissions!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, August 12, 2022.

After Hama signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Larry Hama is $75 per item and includes:

• Larry Hama’s signature

Submission Instructions

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.

• Log onto your account or sign up for an accountHERE.
    LARRY HAMA, PRIVATE SIGNING.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to LARRY HAMA under Private Signing Details.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write LH on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing.

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, August 12, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, August 12, 2022.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.

Stay Informed

Subscribe Now

Articles List

CGC Announces In-House Private Signing Event with Comic Book Artist Doug Mahnke

Posted on 6/22/2022

CGC will be hosting the extraordinary comic book artist Doug Mahnke!

DougMahnke2022_Article20220614110331516.png

CGC is excited to announce that the Signature Series team will be hosting an exclusive In-House Private Signing event with comic book artist Doug Mahnke! Mahnke has created stunning work for DC and Dark Horse Comics throughout his exceptional career. In addition to signing, Mahnke will be offering Remarques for purchase. See pricing and details below.

MAHNKE_Remarque220220614110436328.png MAHNKE_Remarque120220614110522225.png
Click images to enlarge.

Mahnke is best known for his work on series such as The Mask, JLA, Batman, and Green Lantern. He has worked on many main titles and events for DC Comics including Batman: The Man Who Laughs, Batman: Under the Red Hood, Final Crisis, Superman Beyond, Seven Soldiers: Frankenstein, Black Adam, Justice League, Superman Rebirth, Action Comics and Detective Comics. He is currenting working on Swamp Thing: Green Hell. To honor and celebrate 25 years of working for DC Comics, the publisher recently published Legends of the DC Universe: Doug Mahnke, a book showcasing Mahnke’s talent. 

“The CGC Signature Series team can’t wait to have Doug join us for this In-House Private Signing event,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “He is an incredibly skilled artist. We look forward to seeing all the wonderful submissions for this event!”

For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Friday, August 12, 2022. 

After Mahnke signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Doug Mahnke is $70 per item and includes: 

• Doug Mahnke’s signature 

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Doug Mahnke Remarque is $140 per item and includes:

• Doug Mahnke’s illustrated Remarque. Submitters may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. Limited to the first 100 submitters.
  • Doug Mahnke’s signature

Submission Instructions 

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join. 

• Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms
    DOUG MAHNKE, PRIVATE SIGNING; DOUG MAHNKE, REMARQUE.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to DOUG MAHNKE under Private Signing Details.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write DM on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing. 

PLEASE NOTE:

All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Friday, August 12, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Friday, August 12, 2022.

Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.

On 6/3/2022 at 12:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I know it's a long shot, but anyone with Eastman movement?

Does anyone know anything about this yet? I knew this was going to take a while but my book's been waiting for over four months now...

On 6/24/2022 at 8:09 AM, donlas said:

Does anyone know anything about this yet? I knew this was going to take a while but my book's been waiting for over four months now...

I'm not sure when you sent yours in for the signing, but the actual signing didn't happen until about May 27th.

Mine was signed May 27th and only got back from pressing this morning, so in cgc eyes it's only been about four weeks so far.

That said it should only be about four more weeks tops.  :cheers:

CGC Announces Second In-House Private Signing Event with the Talented Greg Horn

Posted on 6/24/2022

CGC welcomes back comic book artist Greg Horn!

GreghornSigning2022_article20220620155250209.png

CGC is excited to announce that the Signature Series team will be hosting our second exclusive In-House Private Signing event with comic book artist, Greg Horn! Horn has worked for industry leading publishers such as DC, Marvel and Image Comics throughout his career. He will be offering three variant signatures for this event, along with two Remarque options. See pricing and details below.

Greg.Horn.Signature.1.Gregular20220620160144995.jpg Greg.Horn.Signature.2.Dual-Layer20220620160219036.jpg Greg.Horn.Signature.3C.Longhorn20220620160306531.jpg
HORN_Remarques220220620160457354.jpg HORN_Remarques320220620160554725.jpg
Click images to enlarge.

Horn is best known as a cover artist for Marvel Comics. He arrived at Marvel in 1999 sporting a sensational new form of computer art, ushering in the digital art movement that dominates the comic industry to this day. As a cover illustrator, he is also acclaimed for his pinup prints and posters of female characters. He has worked on many big name series including Blackest Night: Wonder Woman, Green Lantern Corps, Justice League: The Rise of Arsenal, Elektra, Emma Frost, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk and X-Men Universe.

“The CGC Signature Series team is looking forward to Greg joining us for another incredible In-House Private Signing event,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “His art style is phenomenal and he’s done some really amazing cover work. We look forward to seeing all the wonderful submissions for this event and the awesome remarques on them!”

After Horn signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Greg Horn Regular “GH” Signature is $70 per item and includes: 

• Greg Horn’s signature 

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Greg Horn Dual Layer “GH” Signature is $80 per item and includes: 

• Greg Horn’s signature 

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for Greg Horn “Longhorn” Full Signature is $100 per item and includes: 

• Greg Horn’s signature 

Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label    

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Greg Horn Head Remarque is $185 per item and includes:

• Greg Horn’s illustrated Remarque. Submitters may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. Limited to the first 20 submitters.
  • Greg Horn’s signature

The CGC In-House Private Signing fee for a Greg Horn Bust Remarque is $335 per item and includes:

• Greg Horn’s illustrated Remarque. Submitters may request the desired Remarque. Important: The final design and subject matter of the Remarque is at the artist’s discretion. CGC cannot guarantee Remarque requests. Limited to the first 5 submitters.
  • Greg Horn’s signature

Submission Instructions 

For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join

• Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms
    GREG HORN, REGULAR “GH” SIGNATURE; GREG HORN, DUAL LAYER “GH” SIGNATURE; GREG HORN, FULL “LONGHORN” SIGNATURE; GREG HORN, HEAD REMARQUE; GREG HORN, TORSO REMARQUE.
  • Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to GREG HORN under Private Signing Details.
  • IMPORTANT: Please write GH on all sides of the outside of the box. You must initial outside of the box or we will not be able to honor the submission for this signing. 

PLEASE NOTE:

Stay Informed

Subscribe Now

Articles List

On 6/27/2022 at 2:51 PM, iggykoopa said:

My Kevin Eastman solo signed book TMNT Adventures #1 graded and shipped last Friday, 6/24.

The Last Ronin #1 team signing moved from "Scheduled for Grading" to "Grading / Encapsulation / Imaging" today, 6/27.

:wishluck: 

I wonder when yours were signed? Mine was signed 1 book by Eastman on 5/27, and only got back from CCS last Friday :cry:

I'm like, it seems to be one of the 1st signed and the last to go through. :makepoint:

Still I have "other movement on subs", so I'm just glad your seeing something :whee:

sounds hopeful!! 

On 6/27/2022 at 2:56 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

:wishluck: 

I wonder when yours were signed? Mine was signed 1 book by Eastman on 5/27, and only got back from CCS last Friday :cry:

I'm like, it seems to be one of the 1st signed and the last to go through. :makepoint:

Still I have "other movement on subs", so I'm just glad your seeing something :whee:

sounds hopeful!! 

Not sure. I heard some people saying they seen on social media that he was signing during the first week of June. I didn't send mine to CCS either, I'm sure that has something to do with it. 

Edited by iggykoopa

On 6/27/2022 at 2:59 PM, iggykoopa said:

Not sure. I heard some people saying they seen on social media that he was signing during the first week of June. I didn't send mine to CCS either, that may have something to do with it. 

yes the last ronin team was in first of June, as I understand it, and Eastman showed up the weekend before, I assume to get started on books that were only his sig.

lol I know I was surprised as you, several times the phone rep, even early on, said mine was signed that early :) .....

It just got me hopeful early :roflmao: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM