• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

They're Still Out There!
22 22

2,906 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, october said:
2 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

Long term I would see better census protection in the PL17 in terms of what is going to be potentially  discovered with future MS #5 hitting the census. .. I think the PF 17is a much wiser and safer bet to throw 100K or more at.

If I had a 100k to throw, it would miss both of those by a country mile.

Miss by a country mile in which direction?  lol

7 hours ago, october said:
7 hours ago, Bronty said:

wow not me.    I can't believe that's even a discussion, but I guess it is.

Watch it go for more.

And yet we wonder why the aliens never visit. 

3 minutes ago, szav said:

It’s kind of an apples and oranges comparison to begin with, or apples and melons anyway.

I’ve always been a bit surprised DC hasn’t put Phantom Lady into a TV show or movie, but I wouldn’t say there’s no chance it’ll even happen.  Talking the 70s version not the 40s.

Speculation as to who we would  like to see in the role of Phantom lady??!!

7 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

This misses the demand side of the equation. It doesn't matter that there are 1400 copies of ASM 300 in 9.8 in the census and likely another 10K+ sitting around raw. If 100K people want one, there still isn't even remotely enough. I get your line of thinking but I'm slowly starting to come to the conclusion that it just doesn't matter how common a book may be, the demand right now is huge. Will that demand fall at some point when the movies run out of steam... probably. But that could be 50 years from now when we're all dead.

You've had the Epiphany that most are too emotional to receive. David Q Bowers, arguably the most successful coin dealer of modern times, chose to make coin dealing his life because he realized that there was enough supply to meet the demand ... this is important for the dynamic to be robust. Let's face it, the market may not be anywhere near the top. There are hundreds of Million Dollar Sales in the coin market... and it's NOT the same 10 coins. Don't underestimate the spending power of The Hobbyist. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

5 minutes ago, Courageous Cat said:
20 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

What's your question or concern here?  ???

the clipped corner at an 8.5

If you have not read some of the previous rather boisterous pages here, issues like spines, edges, and corners are not something that we can calmly talk about here when it comes to the Promise Collection of books.  :gossip:

Like this lot here, my personal take is that we will be seeing this perfectly matching clipped corner in an upcoming HA auction in the very near future: lol

action1_cgc_cover.jpg

Just now, lou_fine said:

If you have not read some of the previous rather boisterous pages here, issues like spines, edges, and corners are not something that we can calmly talk about here when it comes to the Promise Collection of books.  :gossip:

Like this lot here, my personal take is that we will be seeing this perfectly matching clipped corner in an upcoming HA auction in the very near future: lol

action1_cgc_cover.jpg

lol thanks Lou! the thought of sifting through 104 pages of this thread were a bit daunting 

2 hours ago, LordRahl said:

You're missing a very key component of why bronze and copper keys are skyrocketing. The guys making a killing in the stock market, crypto market and working in high tech with not only 6 figure salaries but RSU's as well are in their 30's and 40's. They grew up with Ghost Rider and X Men and Venom etc. They have never heard of Phantom Lady and wouldn't give 2 chits about that book. The MCU is also bringing into prominence stuff dudes in their 30's and 40's read and collected as kids, there will be no movies made of PL17. Debatable which one will be a better long term bet but my money is on the one that has a much, much bigger fan base. Sure there will always be fans of GA stuff but the fans of Silver/Bronze/Copper are greater in number by several factors at least.

I believe you missing the fact of actual inherent value of GA comic books and the incredible historical significance of PL 17 as opposed to MS 1st appearances or Giant size X-Men's. The crypto can come and go, I do not factor them in a TCMC for the long haul. I am certainly glad they not looking at PL 17...if they did and realized how really  valuable OO GA pedigree SOI comic books are..God help us it could  hit 500K.  Movie or no movie, buy the "book" not the "Hype". I like MCU, don't get me wrong, but with 10,000 copies of Giant Size X-men out there, the flip side against you argument is that the Giant Size X-man market can be flooded much easier, heck they grow on trees..but NOT PL 17 in 9.6 from a pedigree collection. No contest here on the potential of market "dumping".

The best thing to help  GA TCBC's is market distraction and thank the MCU Movies etc for that now that this collection has become available for the first time.

Edited by Mmehdy

25 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I believe you missing the fact of actual inherent value of GA comic books and the incredible historical significance of PL 17 as opposed to MS 1st appearances or Giant size X-Men's. The crypto can come and go, I do not factor them in a TCMC for the long haul. I am certainly glad they not looking at PL 17...if they did and realized how really  valuable OO GA pedigree SOI comic books are..God help us it could  hit 500K.  Movie or no movie, buy the "book" not the "Hype". I like MCU, don't get me wrong, but with 10,000 copies of Giant Size X-men out there, the flip side against you argument is that the Giant Size X-man market can be flooded much easier, heck they grow on trees..but NOT PL 17 in 9.6 from a pedigree collection. No contest here on the potential of market "dumping".

The best thing to help  GA TCBC's is market distraction and thank the MCU Movies etc for that now that this collection has become available for the first time.

As far as historical significance goes, PL has far less of that than GSX1. Far less. It has rarity on its side, sure. But GSX 1, availability aside, is a far more significant book.

15 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

As far as historical significance goes, PL has far less of that than GSX1. Far less. It has rarity on its side, sure. But GSX 1, availability aside, is a far more significant book.

Although I would have to sadly agree with LordRahl here :(, especially from a general non-comic related POV, I most definitely know which one I would much rather prefer having in my own personal comic book collection.  :takeit: