• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's CAPTAIN AMERICA 4 NEW WORLD ORDER starring Anthony Mackie (TBD)
1 1

108 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2023 at 12:07 PM, jsilverjanet said:

if this were true (and there's a possibility) they thought they could capture lightning in a bottle like they did with the first Black Panther movie. The problem is the character falcon as Cap just doesn't work. Cap worked because he was a man stuck in time (golden generation), he's a super soldier (physically gifted). The other part is the actor just isn't likeable like Chadwick Boseman 

I agree on all 3 points.  Bucky was the obvious choice to give the mantle to and it felt like they had build it up to that. 

On 6/16/2023 at 7:43 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

They're copying all of the bad swaps from the comics reboot a decade ago, yeah. Lesson not learned.

'Memba this? I guess Feige doesn't.

Sebastian Stan Debuts Winter Soldier Shield, Teasing Fans

Plus, the Brubaker/Epting death of Cap storyline where Bucky takes over is a fantastic run in the comics.  It is honestly the only Capitan America story I was 100% invested in. Then when they did give the shield to Falcon a few years later, it just did not work, and they reversed that decision. 

On 3/24/2024 at 7:32 PM, thegiftedone45 said:

So far it looks like this is going to do really bad at the box office.  I'm wondering if it will be the Marvels at this point. 

I am optimistic. 

All jokes aside, the last time a big budget movie had total plotlines cut out and was completely reworked this way I believe it was Star Wars: Rogue One and Star Wars: Solo. 

Rogue One is actually one of the better SW movies out of all the live action theatrical releases in my opinion.   Star Wars Solo is highly under-appreciated and has gotten a better reputation since its release.   I reserve judgement until after I have seen it. 

On 3/24/2024 at 8:04 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am optimistic. 

All jokes aside, the last time a big budget movie had total plotlines cut out and was completely reworked this way I believe it was Star Wars: Rogue One and Star Wars: Solo. 

Rogue One is actually one of the better SW movies out of all the live action theatrical releases in my opinion.   Star Wars Solo is highly under-appreciated and has gotten a better reputation since its release.   I reserve judgement until after I have seen it. 

I have no idea about the history of these movies and how much re-shooting/re-working was done from their original versions, but to me they are case studies in the "right" way and the "wrong" way to do it. 

Rogue One is amazing.  Great story, and they way they made that film fit seamlessly into the overall Star Wars universe was incredible.  

Solo, on the other hand, was truly a ham-fisted effort.  All their "easter eggs" and callbacks to the larger Star Wars universe were clunky and either way too obvious or just dumb.  Plus, the story was pretty lame as well.  

I have no idea if this new Captain America film will be good.  I would have said that extensive re-shoots have never saved a bad film ever, but given you say this happened with Rogue One I will also reserve judgment,