• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are prices still climbing or have they eased up a bit???
41 41

7,865 posts in this topic

On 8/20/2024 at 3:58 PM, Buzzetta said:

This guy has been wearing this shirt to the ring for years and his "entrance" usually shows him kneeling at the entrance ramp, checking the ring, and the crowd yells, "It's clobberin' time!!"  The Thing was also a very popular figure on the shelves when it came to merchandising.  Thing is on the cusp.  I think it will happen as you think it should. 

CM Punk with Bill Simmons

screen-shot-2014-11-07-at-4-03-23-pm-111837.png.6fbea15e83ba45d073d1432d8da6dffd.png

For some reason, I never would've associated Bill Simmons with comic books, but then I thought about it and said "yeah, I see it ...". lol.

Edited by Telegan

On 8/19/2024 at 4:44 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

With the FF movie I hope Marvel brings back that sense of wonder and allows us to feel the sense of adventure and limitless possibilities that permeated the original comic.  Plus of course the family dynamic which is core to the story.  Just please, for the love of all that is holy, don't give us Franklin

Well, now I'm offended.  Franklin and Galactus were two of my favorite characters as a kid.  Wait ... let me think ... yes... yes, I'm offended. :ohnoez:  :cry:

On 8/20/2024 at 8:38 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

He is literally Jack Kirby's avatar in the Marvel Universe -- and while he's by no means the only Marvel hero whose story is drenched in pathos, for my money he's the most tragic because he (generally) can never not be the Thing and that prevents him from ever living a normal life.

Most tragic?

nah.

Silver Surfer is the most tragic, by far.