• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A graded book collection...
3 3

43 posts in this topic

Last summer I started collecting graded copies of books from my childhood.

I have 30 now and I've been tracking the FMV of this collection for the past 4 weeks on a week by week basis. I thought I'd post the results. 

It's 90% modern with a few BA.

I won't disclose what's in this collection unless asked to but I will list the 3 most expensive.

Walking Dead 1 9.6

TMNT 7 2nd print 9.8

NM 98 9.6

_________

4/8/21 = $9,820

4/14/21 = $10,205

4/21/21 = $10,410

4/28/21 = $10,597

-----------------

Up $777.00 in 1 month

Edited by lostboys
Misspelled word

I don't know how reliable gocollect is but I've had it quoted to me in the past when trying to buy a collection. their $ are usually way off so for fun i ran GPA on your books

those 3 books are currently $4500 total combined on GPA

I find Go Collect not as up to date as some other sites (sometimes thats a good thing....sometimes its a bad thing). Not that I have graded books, but I use it as a general idea. And a lot of the time, if I say I have a VF book (raw) and GoCollect says it is worth $120, usually VF raws are going for 80% or higher of their graded value anyways at the time so its not a terrible indicator for me. I am also not one trying to nail down the exact value of my stuff (as I am not selling it) but it helps to know that certain random silver/bronze age books have grown more than I had expected. 

2 hours ago, lostboys said:

Last summer I started collecting graded copies of books from my childhood.

I have 30 now and I've been tracking the FMV of this collection for the past 4 weeks on a week by week basis. I thought I'd post the results. 

It's 90% modern with a few BA.

I won't disclose what's in this collection unless asked to but I will list the 3 most expensive.

Walking Dead 1 9.6

TMNT 7 2nd print 9.8

NM 98 9.6

_________

4/8/21 = $9,820

4/14/21 = $10,205

4/21/21 = $10,410

4/28/21 = $10,597

-----------------

Up $777.00 in 1 month

That's great.  Prices have jumped.  There's no guarantee they will continue to jump and no guarantee they won't go down. 

The change over the last year is astonishing. About 2 years ago I got my books back from cgc ( from my childhood collecting days) and the biggest keys (IH 181, GSX 1, FF 48-50) have gone up 3-4x from then.

DC has performed nowhere near as well.

26 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

There's no guarantee they will continue to jump and no guarantee they won't go down. 

Can you guarantee that?

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I don't know how reliable gocollect is but I've had it quoted to me in the past when trying to buy a collection. their $ are usually way off so for fun i ran GPA on your books

those 3 books are currently $4500 total combined on GPA

Those three books have not moved much in the last 4 weeks.

TMNT fell from $1400 to $1250

NM 98 went up from $775 to $875

TWD 1 has been $1450 for months