• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let’s see your top 10
9 9

273 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2021 at 5:28 PM, Namtak said:

Hard choosing,more like almost impossible!good choice:x

On 7/24/2021 at 4:07 PM, Terry_JSA said:

It was pretty hard choosing 10 books, but here’s the ones that I currently like. 

52D84183-A72A-4F89-BFF9-A1871D818B85.jpeg

Avenger 1, 1.8 cgc Lucky you  the best i have of that one is one panel on a card lol

20210211_152118.jpg

20210211_152122.jpg

On 7/24/2021 at 6:50 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Wait, they literally cut up old comics to make those cards?

Yes,but as what i can tell of the process,those comics were fair to very poor.on mine if you zoom you can see a hole in the paper small but it show near his knee,that those comics were ruined before they cut them to put a second life in them.fair enough!

Edited by Namtak

Story surrounding some of my favorites  I purchased my Amazing Fantasy 15 in 2001.  I got lucky the seller put it under Silver Age/Superhero.  I was the only bidder, so won it. The inside of the book was totally complete off white to white. The book was originally to be sent back to the publisher ( the mast head was cut off, so someone very talented created one that was perfect long before laser printing, the front cover was re enforced this is what CGC called color touch, pieces added, tear seals. In today's world not a problem.  Regardless it is one of a kind and extremely valuable still

Avengers 4  I got from my LCS the only thing I noticed was the top had a "marvel chip"  he offered it for a nice price then and I wanted at least a 7.0 needless to say I was happy with the grade

FF 48 I bought off the boards I think 3 years back, fair price then but it has gone sky high one of my best purchases ( except for the AF !5)

FF 60 Rocky Mountain pedigree 

SGT Fury 13 one of my favorites with Lee's signature an Ebay buy

FF 4 first appr  another Ebay wonder a friend and I purchased a lot of all the keys except JIM 83.  Some were possibly restored like this one. Again what a beauty

ST 97 One of my favorite covers purchased at a Big Apple Con from Mr Highgrade himself  I am so so so happy since it is also a Ditko with the "first" Uncle Ben and Aunt May

IM 55 picked up in Ebay 3 years ago and was the best one I could afford I had 2 earlier both sold so this is a great replacement

GSX 1 once again a LSC purchase I paid a premium of cash/card told my guy it better come back a 7.0  ( I did press it ) the other guy gave it a 7.0  CGC decided a 6.5 still so happy

As a collector and grading collection of no about 180 books  I still love the hobby reading and saving books since 1958.