• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay comic categories not working...
9 9

191 posts in this topic

I got this message today. I haven't yet figured out which specifics will be required and which will be recommended.

When I click the list of collectibles effected, I can't find comic books, but it's a long list - not in alphabetical order - so I may have missed it.

183346982_eBayspecificsnotice.png.ae0a2c2a8e97a099d121ffe9efd55bfb.png

1 hour ago, wormboy said:

I got this message today. I haven't yet figured out which specifics will be required and which will be recommended.

When I click the list of collectibles effected, I can't find comic books, but it's a long list - not in alphabetical order - so I may have missed it.

If you go to this link

https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active?pill_status=soonToBeRequired&action=search

it should show you your listings that contain item specifics that will be "required soon".

Once that list is up, if you click the link that says "Add Item Specifics", it'll show you all the possible item specifics for that item, with any that will be required soon listed at the front of the list and labeled as "Required Soon".

57 minutes ago, mycomicshop said:

If you go to this link

https://www.ebay.com/sh/lst/active?pill_status=soonToBeRequired&action=search

it should show you your listings that contain item specifics that will be "required soon".

Once that list is up, if you click the link that says "Add Item Specifics", it'll show you all the possible item specifics for that item, with any that will be required soon listed at the front of the list and labeled as "Required Soon".

That is helpful, thanks. 
It looks like I’m ok for now, as it shows 0 items with specifics ‘required soon’.

What I would like to know, is what specifics are required for comics, with the hope that at least ‘Age’ and ‘Condition’ (using comic book grading scale, not ‘New’, ‘Used’, etc.) are required, which would eliminate some of the search hassles people are having with saved searches.

18 hours ago, wormboy said:

Actually I just posted something rather shocking on this over in the official ebay thread, you will want to read it.

So I've just discovered that the FeeBay search results/algorithms are SEVERELY MESSED UP! 

For example:  I was trying to bid on Giant-Size Defenders #3 CGC 9.2 OW/W Pages today in the last minute. So I searched for it in search bar on FeeBay - COULDN'T EVEN FIND THE LISTING!

Another Example:  Had an Eternals #1 CGC 9.8 for sale.  I searched in eBay Search Bar: Eternals #1 CGC 9.8 - My Listing would not populate in search results without hitting the button: "Some search results are not shown.  Click to see all available results." - So I kept making numerous changes to My Listing to see if I could make it show up in the eBay Search with no luck!

FeeBay Search Results are BROKEN!  That message they sent a week or two ago about messing with things SEVERELY MESSED THINGS UP!   insufficiently_thoughtful_persons! :baiting:

On 11/1/2021 at 9:17 PM, Darkseid of the Moon said:

So I've just discovered that the FeeBay search results/algorithms are SEVERELY MESSED UP! 

For example:  I was trying to bid on Giant-Size Defenders #3 CGC 9.2 OW/W Pages today in the last minute. So I searched for it in search bar on FeeBay - COULDN'T EVEN FIND THE LISTING!

Another Example:  Had an Eternals #1 CGC 9.8 for sale.  I searched in eBay Search Bar: Eternals #1 CGC 9.8 - My Listing would not populate in search results without hitting the button: "Some search results are not shown.  Click to see all available results." - So I kept making numerous changes to My Listing to see if I could make it show up in the eBay Search with no luck!

FeeBay Search Results are BROKEN!  That message they sent a week or two ago about messing with things SEVERELY MESSED THINGS UP!   insufficiently_thoughtful_persons! :baiting:

This exact thing happened to me.  I was looking at an item and forgot to put it in my "watch" list.  When I re-did the SAME SEARCH as before, the item didn't show up!  I tweaked key words and after about five minutes I found the listing.  WTH??