• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay comic categories not working...
9 9

191 posts in this topic

I'm glad to see this thread. All my ebay searches are unusable. And if I start from scratch on the ebay homepage and drill down through the options endlessly to find GA books, I still can't reach any actual listings.

I can believe that they are tinkering and the process will still lead to something annoying, but I'm holding out hope that as it currently stands it's a glitch.

5 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

I just searched on eBay, "Batman Adventures 12,"  I got the same results as I normally do. (shrug)

If you search by title, or something very specific, the search is the same. 

If you have searches set up using the filters on the left of the page, narrowing down to a certain genre or category, it is now dysfunctional.  Many of the categories in your search have changed or been eliminated, or items have changed categories. 

They moved your "targets", so you are now missing the mark.

Edited by Lightning55

Just now, Lightning55 said:

If you search by title, or something very specific, the search is the same. 

If you have searches set up using the filters on the left of the page, narrowing down to a certain genre or category, it is now dysfunctional.  Many of the categories in you search have changed or been eliminated, or items have changed categories.  They moved your "targets", so you are now missing the mark.

This is what I initially thought. Which makes it hard to just browse if that makes sense. Not knowing too many titles myself in the grand scheme of things lol 

5 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Honestly as a eBay seller this is just less steps I have to click on.

I have only used the "search function" on eBay since 1999.  All those sub-clicks are a waste of time anyway.

So you don't mind that ebay buyers are going to have a harder time finding your product? For example, if they are searching for silver age X-Men 22, they will now have any X-men with the #22 showing up in the search. Or if they are just searching for Horror comics from the Golden Age, it will be a deluge of comics to search through.

It is a remarkably awful decision.

3 minutes ago, october said:

MANY people (me included) have intricate saved searches that cut out the large amounts of drek we don't want to see, often based on age. Those are no longer usable. 

This comes as a shock to a lot of people, but some of us don't want to see drek moderns when searching for gold, or dusty old gold when searching for moderns. 

Yes I know Andy. 

Believe it or not just update your search.  Create a new book mark.

Just did for auction only "Batman Adventures 12,"  worked perfectly fine.  32 results

2 minutes ago, Bludriver said:

So you don't mind that ebay buyers are going to have a harder time finding your product? For example, if they are searching for silver age X-Men 22, they will now have any X-men with the #22 showing up in the search. Or if they are just searching for Horror comics from the Golden Age, it will be a deluge of comics to search through.

It is a remarkably awful decision.

I am saying its a who cares decision.

Just searched X-men 22, 5 results, 3 of them were what I was searching for. 

It will have zero effect.  Even when I sometimes used the sub-search functions I still would get junk. 

15 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Honestly as a eBay seller this is just less steps I have to click on.

I have only used the "search function" on eBay since 1999.  All those sub-clicks are a waste of time anyway.

What "condition" are you putting your comics in?

1 minute ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Yes I know Andy. 

Believe it or not just update your search.  Create a new book mark.

Just did for auction only "Batman Adventures 12,"  worked perfectly fine.  32 results

I can't. The categories DON'T EXIST ANYMORE. 

I don't want to see "Batman Adventures 12". I want to see every golden age horror comic that gets listed, because there are 200 different titles I am interested in....something I was able to do every day for the last 15 years. I cannot do that anymore because Golden Age is no longer a category. I now have to either look at every horror comic listed period, of which only a tiny, tiny fraction are Golden Age, or look across 200 specific searches based on each title. I am going to do neither, because neither is reasonable. 

2 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

It will have zero effect.  Even when I sometimes used the sub-search functions I still would get junk. 

And I came up with 115 listings. Whatever you are using to search is not the way ebay buyers search.

Edited by Bludriver

I got 70.

I just logged a complaint with Ebay... think everyone else that uses the platform should call and do the same.  They need to hear from A LOT of people to unwind this.  The changes may work with furniture but completely counter-productive for comics.  When have you heard of a comic graded as "new" or "like new" or "acceptable".  What does any of that mean to us?  The area to insert condition descriptions is gone completely... that one actually means A LOT to us!      

For CGC or Raw?

You don't have that option. You must list a condition. These are the only options:

These are the only options:

• Brand new: The book is new, unread, and unused in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. See the seller's listing for full details.
  • Like new: The book looks new but has been read. The cover has no visible wear, and the dust jacket (if applicable) is included for hard covers. It has no missing or damaged pages, no creases or tears, and no underlining/highlighting of text or writing in the margins. It may have very minimal identifying marks on the inside cover as well as very minimal wear and tear. See the seller's listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.
  • Very good: The book does not look new and has been read but is in excellent condition. There is no obvious damage to the cover the dust jacket (if applicable) is included for hard covers. There are no missing or damaged pages, no creases or tears, and no underlining/highlighting of text or writing in the margins. It may have very minimal identifying marks on the inside cover as well as very minimal wear and tear. See the seller's listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.
  • Good: The book has been read but is in good condition. It has very minimal damage to the cover, including scuff marks, but no holes or tears. The dust jacket for hard covers may not be included. The binding has minimal wear. The majority of pages are undamaged with minimal creasing or tearing, minimal pencil underlining of text, no highlighting of text, and no writing in the margins. There are no missing pages. See the seller's listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.
  • Acceptable: The book has obvious wear. It may have some damage to the cover, but its integrity is intact. The binding may be slightly damaged, but its integrity is still intact. There may be possible writing in the margins and underlining and highlighting of text, but there are no missing pages or anything that would compromise the legibility or understanding of the text. See the seller's listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.

My question remains. What condition are you listing your comics in?

4 minutes ago, october said:

I can't. The categories DON'T EXIST ANYMORE. 

I don't want to see "Batman Adventures 12". I want to see every golden age horror comic that gets listed, because there are 200 different titles I am interested in....something I was able to do every day for the last 15 years. I cannot do that anymore because Golden Age is no longer a category. I now have to either look at every horror comic listed period, of which only a tiny, tiny fraction are Golden Age, or look across 200 specific searches based on each title. I am going to do neither, because neither is reasonable. 

So you look at BINs then correct?

Just now, NewWorldOrder said:

So you look at BINs then correct?

Yes, but that's not what his problem is. He now has to look across the entire comic universe. Not just the small section he wants to.