• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Batman Beyond 1 club
2 2

77 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

This thing has already taken off, I'm afraid. I'm really intent on building the run of the 6 issue miniseries and the origin issue, and getting #1 is going to require either (a) me spending way more than I want or (b) a grade haircut from the other books in the runs. Alas.

I say go for Book 1 first.  If you can't afford it, then go for option B.  The issue  is I don't see momentum for BB1 to go down as we get closer to the rule of 25.  

21 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I say go for Book 1 first.  If you can't afford it, then go for option B.  The issue  is I don't see momentum for BB1 to go down as we get closer to the rule of 25.  

Yeah I've just been lazy about it. I've picked up a couple other issues (including 6, which is the first appearance of Inque, one of my favorite characters from the show) so I imagine I can do it in close to one swoop. I imagine I'll go for Option B for completeness; just waiting for it to pop up in an auction. (Edit: just checked ComicLink and saw a 9.0 coming up in the auction starting tonight. So...yeah.)

Edited by bpc3qh

20 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

Yeah I've just been lazy about it. I've picked up a couple other issues (including 6, which is the first appearance of Inque, one of my favorite characters from the show) so I imagine I can do it in close to one swoop. I imagine I'll go for Option B for completeness; just waiting for it to pop up in an auction. (Edit: just checked ComicLink and saw a 9.0 coming up in the auction starting tonight. So...yeah.)

Nice, if you get all 6, you should post all of them here.    You could also jump for a raw BB1 to save money as well...

5 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Nice, if you get all 6, you should post all of them here.    You could also jump for a raw BB1 to save money as well...

Yeah if I don't have one by the time I start going back to shows in the Fall I expect I'll just buy raw. I don't like buying raw over the internet because I can't inspect it myself, but once I can go to shows again, that worry disappears. In fact, that may be more likely than (A) or (B) from above--I buy raw, then pay CGC to get it graded b/c I'll be holding it forever.

13 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

This is my original raw copy. I had forgotten I had it and came across it when going through some long boxes I hadn’t been through in awhile. Can’t remember buying it but wish I had all of the issues. Pulled off a 9.6 with a press.  Not too bad!

8D9FCD35-BD9C-48F2-9F62-CEE95C068D99.thumb.jpeg.84fc0b09f4caa569287a4acba69ea47e.jpeg

Nice.... very nice.  Sooner or later a movie will be made.... can you imagine how awesome batman beyond  will be ?

31 minutes ago, Iconic1s said:

This is my original raw copy. I had forgotten I had it and came across it when going through some long boxes I hadn’t been through in awhile. Can’t remember buying it but wish I had all of the issues. Pulled off a 9.6 with a press.  Not too bad!

8D9FCD35-BD9C-48F2-9F62-CEE95C068D99.thumb.jpeg.84fc0b09f4caa569287a4acba69ea47e.jpeg

Can you imagine if this is true...

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/batman-movie-reportedly-influenced-blade-runner/

I used to lament that Keaton had passed the age to play Dark Knight Returns Batman (and was too thin for the more linebacker Miller version), but now he'd fit like a glove as Old Man Wayne. It could be a movie series or a show. As long as they get someone good for Terry and not that goofball from the first season of Riverdale and 13 Reasons who wanted to play him, it'd be really cool.