• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vol.4 #29
2 2

53 posts in this topic

With #29 and #30 the Laird sketch fetches the highest prices even compared to the graded ones.  Here are some recent eBay listings over the past couple months.  I’ve found these pretty consistent over the last year and a half.  Seems as though grading doesn’t matter with these books.  Couldn’t tell you why.

10E1D09F-A963-43C9-BB02-B446CA21FF94.jpeg

2AC5185E-F49A-4EB9-A1D0-F2ACBD2C9B3A.jpeg

4C947E85-E0C5-4669-A9DF-05F9F93BB572.jpeg

7D13C0FF-35C0-4C18-85FF-359EDABB6771.jpeg

0E5A20DE-1A3B-4C35-94B0-967C1517E3AD.jpeg

0730B082-FF21-4184-853C-3C0AC12B21BB.jpeg

676E7FBB-BDAE-4319-B8B8-95E4FB738278.jpeg

79E87F4E-B2E9-4214-81E6-855FA342CC0C.jpeg

Edited by Parabellum

Wow I had no idea those had risen so much. Of course I regret selling mine now. Add it to the list of comics I’ve sold which now are worth over $1k lol

Ive found there is a certain brand of TMNT collector who is a completist rather than caring about condition. With certain TMNT comics in particular , these and also Tales #70, I’ve found condition matters less to this type of collector. 

On 5/16/2021 at 3:54 AM, spracknetch23 said:

The scope and appeal of this book is much more narrow. Like TMNT or not, everyone knows TMNT 1’s importance in comics and its place as one of the top copper keys. This book really only appeals to TMNT completists. Hard to compare the two but I see where you’re coming from. 
As far as key criteria, this book has nothing. It’s just another issue in the story of volume 4 (which as of yet has never been completed. I suspect it never will be). The value and significance is strictly due to its rarity.
This book was also released for free online before Laird decided to publish the limited $10 hard copies. 

I'll give him Fitty cents for the book.😉

On 5/20/2021 at 10:37 AM, sorrenmj said:

They're turtally awesome! I love Raph is a different shade of turtle. Makes 'em pop! 

They are all different shades.  In fact, they mostly reflect the shades given to the original figures from the 80's, with Raph having a standard green, Leo being more of a forest green, and Don being more Olive.  They did depart on the Mikey, who was originally like a seafoam green but they made him much darker.

s-l640.jpg.c424d59ca271d5d42eeb6346fd6acfd4.jpg

8 minutes ago, Turtle said:

They are all different shades.  In fact, they mostly reflect the shades given to the original figures from the 80's, with Raph having a standard green, Leo being more of a forest green, and Don being more Olive.  They did depart on the Mikey, who was originally like a seafoam green but they made him much darker.

s-l640.jpg.c424d59ca271d5d42eeb6346fd6acfd4.jpg

Those toys are great! Thanks for the Saturday night throwback!

On 5/19/2021 at 5:58 PM, spracknetch23 said:

Wow I had no idea those had risen so much. Of course I regret selling mine now. Add it to the list of comics I’ve sold which now are worth over $1k lol

Ive found there is a certain brand of TMNT collector who is a completist rather than caring about condition. With certain TMNT comics in particular , these and also Tales #70, I’ve found condition matters less to this type of collector. 

There is a lot of validity to your comment.  Depending on the book I definitely fit into this category when I came to completely my TMNT runs.  My line of thinking is to grab it when you can, upgrade later.

On 5/19/2021 at 5:23 PM, Parabellum said:

With #29 and #30 the Laird sketch fetches the highest prices even compared to the graded ones.  Here are some recent eBay listings over the past couple months.  I’ve found these pretty consistent over the last year and a half.  Seems as though grading doesn’t matter with these books.  Couldn’t tell you why.

0730B082-FF21-4184-853C-3C0AC12B21BB.jpeg

I wanted to follow this up.  A bit earlier in the thread, I mentioned my wife got me a #30 for my birthday in a stack of other TMNT books.  This was back in 2014, so 7+ years ago.  I asked if she happened to remember where she got it.  She typed "TMNT" into her gmail account and searched for things around my birthday in 2014 and turned up a paypal receipt from Mirage Licensing.

Mirage.PNG.8ca98ecc26f59e1bc3a4a6b37e12a862.PNG

I remember now that this is how I started my Volume 4 run and I filled in the holes from there.  The next month, #32 would be released at Shellback.  Then a year later, #31.  I thought this was pretty neat. 

Edited by Turtle
Formatting

9 hours ago, Parabellum said:

There is a lot of validity to your comment.  Depending on the book I definitely fit into this category when I came to completely my TMNT runs.  My line of thinking is to grab it when you can, upgrade later.

I’d prefer to sell to a avid completist collector

11 hours ago, Turtle said:

I wanted to follow this up.  A bit earlier in the thread, I mentioned my wife got me a #30 for my birthday in a stack of other TMNT books.  This was back in 2014, so 7+ years ago.  I asked if she happened to remember where she got it.  She typed "TMNT" into her gmail account and searched for things around my birthday in 2014 and turned up a paypal receipt from Mirage Licensing.

I remember now that this is how I started my Volume 4 run and I filled in the holes from there.  The next month, #32 would be released at Shellback.  Then a year later, #31.  I thought this was pretty neat. 

I remember buying a couple copies of 31 at Shellback for some boardies. Probably should have bought one for myself. 

14 hours ago, Turtle said:

That’s very neat.