• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay will enact a sex ban starting June 15th
3 3

61 posts in this topic

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2021 at 6:54 PM, Yorick said:

THIS is so messed up.  I can't even run a general Golden Age search anymore.  At least most of my saved searches are still functioning.  It's almost as if feebay is trying to kill itself.

That's the way it seems. 20 years from now they will be taking a 50% FVF and someone will be sent out to your house to tell you what you can sell. People will complain yet still use them. It isn't ever gonna end until we all decide to leave for good.

17 hours ago, Prince Namor said:

At one point Mycomicshop stopped carrying certain adult items. I think Buddy was a lot more over zealous* about it than Conan was, as I see they've again started selling Cherry and a few other previously questionable books... now that mycs is online only they may be in a bit more of a 'safe zone'.

*Buddy actually was one of the leading voices in the fight to start labeling comics back in the 90's due to the pressure put on shops by parents and (even worse) various law enforcement agencies - and didn't want Diamond to even carry certain comics that he felt were over the line. His B&M stores were one of the earliest to adapt a system that recognized more adult titles when ringing them at the register, so that some 12 year old wasn't buying 'Druuna'.

I did not know about that history with Buddy, but here is some of what I currently know:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313432380113?hash=item48fa0692d1:g:e88AAOSwURNgN6Uy

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363289916270?hash=item5495c4336e:g:bTIAAOSwh8lgJWy~

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313415638623?hash=item48f9071e5f:g:ausAAOSwQTxgJW03

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133662405396?hash=item1f1ee67314:g:ntgAAOSw3ppgJW1N

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133662405859?hash=item1f1ee674e3:g:uB8AAOSwl8pgJW1s

If I tried to sell any of those comics on eBay outside of the Adult category, my listing would get shut down, and I would be threatened with account suspension. But MyComicShop? No problem.

That's why I previously said that eBay does not even consistently enforce its current Adult comics policy. From my experience, a small-time seller (like myself) can possibly pay a heavy penalty for a few violations. However, a big-time seller apparently can have loads of such listings and be routinely overlooked. So whether it's on eBay or through the MyComicShop website, I suppose I will have to sell some of my select comics with Buddy in the future if eBay tightens its Adult comic policy (at least toward small-time sellers like me).

Some seller who was lucky enough to get their Butterscotch #1 into the "regular" comic listings had bids up to $30.  The other sellers listing in the "adult comic" section languishing at $3.00 a pop....

And they don't make it easy to find the "adult" category.

23 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

What happens to comics with these types of covers and content. . There are literally thousands of them. 

suspense3.jpg

21 hours ago, Juno Beach said:

Girl getting stabbed is fine. Just don't show her nipple.

Don't forget a prince kissing Sleeping Beauty! :facepalm: No consent so it is now bad!:makepoint:

O.o:facepalm:

53 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Don't forget a prince kissing Sleeping Beauty! :facepalm: 

There's a whole world of problems with this kiss, consent or not. Wasn't Princess Aurora 16 years of age? From a criminal standpoint, I probably don't have to explain what the next thing Prince Charming probably would have wound up kissing if this happened in the 21st century.  :eek:

Edited by James J Johnson

17 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

That's the way it seems. 20 years from now they will be taking a 50% FVF and someone will be sent out to your house to tell you what you can sell. People will complain yet still use them. It isn't ever gonna end until we all decide to leave for good.

eBay hasn't met my threshold for boycotting. They've been moving towards that line in the sand, though.

On 5/17/2021 at 8:55 PM, James J Johnson said:

What happens to comics with these types of covers and content. . There are literally thousands of them. 

suspense3.jpg

If that's your idea of sex, you're one sick :censored:.

And we should get together some time.

On 5/16/2021 at 7:52 PM, lizards2 said:

My vegetable photos will languish..., :cry: 

image.thumb.png.af8648113ea4abf79d13b8f59b58a003.png

image.png.45c26b1d4ebcae73655d278bbfd1abb5.png

My wife asked me to peel potatoes earlier and well, I guess I'll never look at vegetables the same after this...🤣😳

I think you can still sell if you block nudity on the covers. I've seen some very racy stuff that wasn't even in the adult category. I have no idea how they draw their lines. eBay seems to operate with some keyword ID. I know this because when I list certain things, it says, "Looks like you're listing" x, "you can list it in this category instead." So you could, for example, do like https://lovermart.com/product/fifi-bag-frosted-masturbation-sleeve/. They've done product defocusing, and only the description says what it is. And I think they can do that on eBay as well.

On 5/18/2021 at 12:35 PM, Yorick said:

Some seller who was lucky enough to get their Butterscotch #1 into the "regular" comic listings had bids up to $30.  The other sellers listing in the "adult comic" section languishing at $3.00 a pop....

And they don't make it easy to find the "adult" category.

I don’t think it can even be found on the mobile app.