• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RATE YOUR GA BOOKS ON COVER APPEAL ALONE. Forget grading criteria.
6 6

332 posts in this topic

On 9/23/2021 at 1:13 PM, SuperBird said:

CGC IS WRONG THESE ARE ALL 9.0s. 

Action20.jpg

Action19.jpg

Action17.jpg

Action16.jpg

You've missed the point of the thread. It's not about grading it's about aesthetic artistic appeal.(thumbsu

Claire's personal copy, perhaps, since it's been confirmed that there was a Claire Moe estate sale which turned up her collection. Another board member attended the sale and may be able to shed better light. I believe he said there were no signatures on the books though. However, it would otherwise seem odd that someone else would write her name on the cover like that, especially with the flourish under her signature. I'm still searching for a cursive example of her signed work to match the signature on my book. She signed a lot of her stories in block letters.  She did the Circus and Sue story. Here's the back cover. She did live in Brooklyn NY for awhile over a house of ill repute and one such house was at 1 Knickerbocker Avenue.

Claire Moe signature2.jpg

Edited by Ameri