• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RATE YOUR GA BOOKS ON COVER APPEAL ALONE. Forget grading criteria.
6 6

329 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, jimbo_7071 said:

That book is been on my want list for a long time, but every copy that I've seen offered for sale has had a transfer stain, some much darker than the one on this copy.

I used to have a beautiful copy I got from Jim Payette. I foolishly sold it. This one is a placeholder, but I agree that the transfer stain is an eye sore.

Ohh, rating GA books on cover alone - that means an excuse to post my custom babies! WILD CARD, SUCKERS!!! 
These GA babies are now hitting AAAA+++ since they actually feature the awesome first appearances within! As for actual grade rating, you can see that here as well (covers detached, obviously :D )

(also can somebody confirm it is okay to post these slab pictures, I could not find any non-sales board rules anywhere for it - if not cool I'll pull em asap. I know selling any non-CGC books is a no-no, but I've seen pictures of PGX stuff as well for discussion and other random slabs. These are obvious NFS and are for my PC only).

20210629_152438.thumb.jpg.8a504181a354b44b8fa26ff6e4c9ea05.jpg20210629_152454.thumb.jpg.fcdf462cf72bb99c9d4075972a582783.jpg

Edited by Sauce Dog

6 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Ohh, rating GA books on cover alone - that means an excuse to post my custom babies! WILD CARD, SUCKERS!!! 
These GA babies are now hitting AAAA+++ since they actually feature the awesome first appearances within!

(also can somebody confirm it is okay to post these slab pictures, I could not find any non-sales board rules anywhere for it - if not cool I'll pull em asap. I know selling any non-CGC books is a no-no, but I've seen pictures of PGX stuff as well for discussion and other random slabs. These are obvious NFS and are for my PC only).

20210629_152438.thumb.jpg.8a504181a354b44b8fa26ff6e4c9ea05.jpg20210629_152454.thumb.jpg.fcdf462cf72bb99c9d4075972a582783.jpg

Those are great (love your work on ‘em), but look for a cease and desist from Matt Nelson or perhaps Blackstone’s legal department for the unauthorized use of an oversized grade box even if it isn’t neon white.  Note: Of course, I’m joking (I hope).

25 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

Those are great (love your work on ‘em), but look for a cease and desist from Matt Nelson or perhaps Blackstone’s legal department for the unauthorized use of an oversized grade box even if it isn’t neon white.  Note: Of course, I’m joking (I hope).

Ah but you see, these don't contain their patented rounded corners - it's the border radius that must be tied up in legal! These use a generic public domain square! :D