• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scam Alert - PM received from an unrecognized CGC board account

59 posts in this topic

Got an interesting PM earlier this week (in response from a WTB listing) from an unrecognized user.  TNS357 is no longer a valid user.  Not sure if he setup an account, sent some emails and then deleted or found a new way to hack PMs. (Architect has been notified)  
image.png.980600aa11c6137706b41c8cb379acbc.png

I emailed him a few times and he keeps pushing for Paypal F&F. 
image.png.cebe096f457222715ae3fb3ec899fca3.png

I checked the pictures that he sent me and sure enough, he stole them off an ebay listing.  Now I'm just trying to string him along for a while just to :pullhair: him off!  

:roflmao:

Edited by jeranimal

24 minutes ago, jeranimal said:

Got an interesting PM earlier this week (in response from a WTB listing) from an unrecognized user.  TNS357 is no longer a valid user.  Not sure if he setup an account, sent some emails and then deleted or found a new way to hack PMs. (Architect has been notified)  
image.png.980600aa11c6137706b41c8cb379acbc.png

I emailed him a few times and he keeps pushing for Paypal F&F. 
image.png.cebe096f457222715ae3fb3ec899fca3.png

I checked the pictures that he sent me and sure enough, he stole them off an ebay listing.  Now I'm just trying to string him along for a while just to :pullhair: him off!  

:roflmao:

Haha he did this to me too! Reached out with that email address and when I asked for pics it was of an ebay listing I've been following. Waugh Waugh. I thought the dude was just trying to sell outside of eBay, but after I mentioned I've seen the item on eBay he stopped replying. 

I think my cat picture keeps these people away from me.  You just can’t tell if the cat is scared, pooping, or psychotic. (shrug)
Thanks for sharing.  I always keep an eye out for knuckleheads. 🤪

Edited by Galen130

7 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Yes you can. It's always "psychotic".

Maybe he’s psychotic because he’s always pooping...:fear:

1 minute ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

1) Arch has been gone for a while
2) Reads like he pushing some foreign language through Google Translate.

Any suggestions on who else I could notify since Arch is gone? 

Yeah, some of his responses are a little hard to understand so clear indication that english is not his first language.  

4 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Weird interlude.......

In Seventh grade, my basketball team got to pick our own nickname, so we choose The Psychedelic Six.  Everything was great for about three weeks until the schools principle heard the name and thought it reflected poorly on the school and made us change it. 

The name she ended up okaying was The Psychotic Six. 

She evidently had no issue with the term psychotic being associated with her students, just not Psychedelics.

5D77A458-A84C-425A-B45D-F8E3DCA4A5FF.jpeg

32 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
35 minutes ago, jeranimal said:

1.jpg.d05ae3cb9bf8c4eb0d3f0f783a035f96.jpg

Is he even still around?

32 minutes ago, jeranimal said:

Yeah, some of his responses are a little hard to understand so clear indication that english is not his first language.  

Hello Jeranimal

TNS357 is a member who has yet to post publicly which is why they are not visible - explanation here:

On 6/11/2018 at 6:51 PM, Scott =) said:

For privacy reasons, members are now hidden on the chat boards until they make a post in the forums, journals, or galleries. They're hidden from the following areas:

1. Search
  2. Online users
  3. Profile pages
  4. Private messages

Members with 0 posts CAN send private messages to other members and receive replies, so existing PM conversations should be unaffected. But going forward, you won't be able to start a new PM conversation with a member until they post in one of those areas.

Thanks!
Scott

Members with zero public posts are able to send PMs, unless things have changed since that last update.

If you are unhappy about anything, report the PM to a moderator.

Arch and Scott no longer work on the CGC board account - Dena is your point of contact should you need admin support. 

7 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Hello Jeranimal

TNS357 is a member who has yet to post publicly which is why they are not visible - explanation here:

Members with zero public posts are able to send PMs, unless things have changed since that last update.

If you are unhappy about anything, report the PM to a moderator.

Arch and Scott no longer work on the CGC board account - Dena is your point of contact should you need admin support. 

User reported to Dena.  Thanks!  

19 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:
52 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
55 minutes ago, jeranimal said:

1.jpg.d05ae3cb9bf8c4eb0d3f0f783a035f96.jpg

Is he even still around?

Ping him and ask. (shrug)

1 hour ago, jeranimal said:

User reported to Dena.  Thanks!  

You're welcome

6 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

This guy messaged me a month back too. Seemed sketch so I ignored

If you want to block further contact go to Forums > My Settings > Ignored Users >

...and then type in TNS357 (no @ symbol) and wait for his account to appear in blue as below:

Capture.thumb.PNG.936e8ed000207baba29b59291aa24731.PNG

You can then select PMs to stop him messaging you