• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What a shame!
2 2

80 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

I’m waiting for someone to buy it and then re-list it on Comiclink so that people bidding don’t see the back cover 😉

You've got to give Comic Connect some credit for showing the back cover.  They don't do it for every book.

Just now, BabyAteMyDingo said:

I hate to be the wanker, but I don't think that was ever a 9.9. The lower left corner has some wear and there are spine ticks along the black line border on the left.

Ok, so I saw this pic and I agree, especially with that corner. So now there's impact damage elsewhere on the book?

6 minutes ago, BabyAteMyDingo said:

I hate to be the wanker, but I don't think that was ever a 9.9. The lower left corner has some wear and there are spine ticks along the black line border on the left.

Spine ticks are from the wrapping during production. Doesn't affect grade.

1 minute ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:
8 minutes ago, BabyAteMyDingo said:

Spine ticks are from the wrapping during production. Doesn't affect grade.

hm

6 minutes ago, grendelbo said:

Ok, so I saw this pic and I agree, especially with that corner. So now there's impact damage elsewhere on the book?

I did a google search and couldn't get a better or more recent picture.  Pretty sure there was a thread on the boards about it but I'm in the middle of something right now.  Pretty sure it's the upper right corner that got blunted.

Just now, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I didn't give it a 9.9 (shrug)

I was just curious about the spine tick comment. Let's say this is correct and spine ticks (in production) don't effect grade. This would definitely affect sales. It would not affect fools who buy the label not the book. Those who set store by the appeal of the book first and foremost would be reluctant to drop big ackers on a book with spine ticks no matter what the grade I think, well particularly the people that acquire all the high end stuff anyway. Just a thought.

I'm also curious why something that happened in production would be ignored? Spine ticks, like overspray, and incorrect binding, are pretty hard to ignore.

5 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

@comicdonna @G G ® ™ ASM 344 was infamous for spine ticks on the black outer edge, but didn't break across the front of the cover. Am I wrong? (shrug)

I don't know, I live in the Golden Age.