• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mike Zeck Solves a 25 Year Old Mystery

14 posts in this topic

I had the Zeck Punisher portfolio and Golden Doc portfolios, bought them at college which I started in 1985. I didn't know they were new when I bought them but the got funtacked to the off campus apartment immediately along with giant sized posters of Zappa, Hendrix and RHCP!

Just now, Bird said:

I thnk the bigger mystery is who paired Zeck and Mike De Carlo?

;-)

It sure looks Punishery to me too. The chest area seems like the edge of the skull emblem too!

Thanks Bird. Yes I can’t tell you the number of people who have praised my ‘Punisher’ drawing over the years.

Unfamiliar with Bloodshot I looked up the book and was also surprised Mike De Carlo did the inking.

I know a question I’m going to be asked?

Are you sad you ‘lost’ a Punisher?

Im not sad, I thought I had a Punisher but my eyes were too Bloodshot to see realitylol

No I’m not sad. I found out I have a prelim for a published Mike Zeck cover. I’ll be ok.

On 7/3/2021 at 8:00 AM, grapeape said:

My friends do you have a mystery solved story you’d like to share?

I've been pretty lucky to get boadies and listers to solve most OA mysteries, the recent ones include:

Where this Maleev/Bendis DD page was published

Where this Alan Miracleman Fanzine cover was published

and older ones I distincly remember include:

What this Zeck Wolvrine Turnaround was used for (I just asked Zeck actually) front back

Where this Alan Davis Nail was publshed in Wizard

but while I'm here let me flog my remaining unsolves mysteries!

Where (which Marvel Age issue?) was this McFarlane Alpha Flight Promo used? - I asked McFarlane and he didn't have specific, beyond that it was an As art

Where was this Gary Frank DC/Marvel full team pinup used? - I asked Gary Frank and he doesn't remember.  He thinks it wasn't just a commission but something used for publication but doesn't know where

What Character(s) are in this Tim Sale Pinup - Tim Sale doesn't know, but like the Gary Frank piece, he suspects a publisher paid him to do it and not a fan commission but doesn't recall

Malvin

Edited by malvin