• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eric Roberts has the coolest OA collection I have ever seen
2 2

35 posts in this topic

Just saw it in person  and is what I can only assume is only part of it.  He has many ofl the big Marvel key covers, splashes and interiors from the SA.  Who is he ?  Is he on the boards ? I am just starting to get into OA.  I also saw original OA from Marvel Comics 1.  Sub Mariner interior.  Had no idea it existed 

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

Just saw it in person  and is what I can only assume is only part of it.  He has many ofl the big Marvel key covers, splashes and interiors from the SA.  Who is he ?  Is he on the boards ? I am just starting to get into OA.  I also saw original OA from Marvel Comics 1.  Sub Mariner interior.  Had no idea it existed 

Is he the actor?

4 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:
8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

You should see his Detective Comics run :x

Is he the guy who has all the issues of Detective except no. 27? 

No. His Tec27 is a mere 7.5 but the rest of the run (preRobin) was for the longest time highest CGC graded (as per census). His Tec 32 no longer is (there is now a 9.6), same for Tec30 (9.2) and 33 (9.2)

Capture.PNG.f8c4e22fa920ebb33fea49e6d2fedc89.PNG

Detective 58 in 9.4 , Detective 69 9.6 and Detective 140 9.4 (recently dethroned by the Promise Copy) belong to him. Tec 168 9.2 (highest 1 of 2) also his.

Edited by Gotham Kid

15 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

He has a gallery over at comicartfans 

what I love about Eric's OA (from what is viewable on CAF) is that its so varied - you can tell he loves all sorts of nooks and crannies of the hobbies and knows comics inside out.    Exactly the kind of collection I'd love to have if money was no object.

Just now, tth2 said:

Only in our hobby would someone go up to Eric Robert the actor and ask "Are you THE Eric Roberts?" and when he replies "Yes, which of my films did you like?", the response is a disappointed "Oh, you're just the actor.  Sorry, you're not the Eric Roberts I was looking for."

He is Julia Roberts brother

Don't have to go any further then this cover to be highly impressed! (worship)

uncanny x-men 140 Comic Art