• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Video Game Grading?
1 1

162 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, justin said:

They probably saw the $$$ Wata has been rolling in. If anyone has a chance of taking them on, I'd guess it'd be CGC.

VGA has been around waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer and seems to sell for more in most instances. Wata has the worst cases of any grading company I have ever seen in my life. You couldn't pay me to own one of those unless it was for resale. VGA (AFA) and Wata are both backed up to the moon like CGC, PSA, BGS and almost every other collectible grading company, so the markets probably have room for competition. 

36 minutes ago, carcrawfordfan said:

VGA has been around waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer and seems to sell for more in most instances. Wata has the worst cases of any grading company I have ever seen in my life. You couldn't pay me to own one of those unless it was for resale. VGA (AFA) and Wata are both backed up to the moon like CGC, PSA, BGS and almost every other collectible grading company, so the markets probably have room for competition. 

I've always liked the WATA cases for video games.  VGA seems too simple and having an old style casing look.  In fact, the couple of video games I have that were in VGA casings were re-holdered by WATA.  Also, when I feel the WATA cases have extra protection because it is heavier than the VGA ones and provides a clearer view of the overall grade and seal grade.  Yep, VGA and WATA are indeed backed up really bad.  I feel that CCG will be a real competitor and may wipe out the business of VGA completely.

Anyone know when to expect submissions to open? Later this year? Mid 2022? I was going to start sending stuff in to WATA or VGA but now I might hold off for CGC Videogames, just curious on the timeline 

Just wondering if they grade all games, loose games, big box console systems, CIB, Accessories ect...  I have a bunch of games to get graded, it'll be interesting if CGC can bring in higher $$ for a graded game than Wata.  VGA only grades sealed games and nothing else. 

1 hour ago, Jeffro. said:

Plenty of people said that about comic books 20 or so years ago. 

Exact same thing to the average person. A graded comic book can't be read, and a graded video game can't be played. 

7 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

Willing to bet CGC will move to action figures and hot wheels...count on it.  

I bet you're right too. That just leaves them with the grocery aisle, then they've established true dominance. 

33 minutes ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:
41 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

Willing to bet CGC will move to action figures and hot wheels...count on it.  

I bet you're right too. That just leaves them with the grocery aisle, then they've established true dominance. 

Let's hope. I have some vintage cans of beans I'm dying to get graded

12 minutes ago, edj-stuff said:

So they can't come close to handling the volume of their business now. And they are going to start taking in even MORE items....

Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

As long as they keep getting our money, they don't care. 🤣🤣🤣🤣