• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Video Game Grading?
1 1

162 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I almost firstly thought of you subconsciously, because your the only one within ear shot of me that I know finds them and buys them!

:x Hope you get some comfort out of it, although Canada shipping is :flipbait:hard on the pocketbook...

Everything Canadian is hard on the pocket book these days 

39 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Everything Canadian is hard on the pocket book these days 

I'll try to do more raffles or secret Santa on the boards that offer prizes to out of the USA so y'all can feel free, I did one year I think 🤔

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
2 minutes ago, Namtak said:

When will that service be availlable ?is it availlable  now?

I'd go to cgc submission page and try.... Be right back lol

No one posted the full email so I didn't know but read the email I'm sure it gives some info.

Not on cgc submission so idk

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ah duh 

doh!

The heading of the announcement is "cgc to hire" so it doesn't give a start date yet lol

I like that they wrote they seek to grade cardtrige only too in their add for hire!even not complete some goes for thousands just for cardtrige!you might have great ones too!the only one that goes for 1k cardtrige that i have only is hagane on snes(i love that game!its in the bank.....only to keep me from playing it and using it too much lol in fear of damaging the label thats pretty clean lol)

6 minutes ago, Namtak said:

I like that they wrote they seek to grade cardtrige only too in their add for hire!even not complete some goes for thousands just for cardtrige!you might have great ones too!the only one that goes for 1k cardtrige that i have only is hagane on snes(i love that game!its in the bank.....only to keep me from playing it and using it too much lol in fear of damaging the label thats pretty clean lol)

I didnt realize they could "grade a cartridge"

I know I have TMNT nes and ocarina of time SNES, and I think some gameboy advanced games. I'm not holding my breath, but itll be fun to find out about it out of interest :)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

11 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Do they test to see if it works still?

Im no expert but i know for a fact that some of the batteries inside cardtrige have been changed and some poorly damaging the batterie holder,sometime there is need to open and clean it ect ect.....some nes game with 5 scews(first edition cardtrige  of first year or so)can have the japanese version plus a converter wich at the time was sought after and remove to play all japanese imports,they were made that way because the us version wasnt ready at time of production for us there is 11 title if memories serve me right lol,if you have such a game you are Lucky,still seeking one lol all the time i see a 5 screws with certain titles i cant wait to open it gentil and see if im Lucky so far im not...:frown: but yeah lot of info second print and other things that make this hobby a little like comics.

On 7/8/2021 at 3:27 PM, carcrawfordfan said:

VGA has been around waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer and seems to sell for more in most instances. Wata has the worst cases of any grading company I have ever seen in my life. You couldn't pay me to own one of those unless it was for resale. VGA (AFA) and Wata are both backed up to the moon like CGC, PSA, BGS and almost every other collectible grading company, so the markets probably have room for competition. 

VGA is widely considered the PGX of games grading for serious collectors, not sure where you're getting your data.

6 minutes ago, Jo Seph said:

Legend of Zelda NES 9.0 just sold for $870k. Definitely a growing market out there, especially with the newer generations growing up with video games. 

Can’t wait to see the CGC cases!

Holy sheep poop

16 minutes ago, Jo Seph said:

Legend of Zelda NES 9.0 just sold for $870k. Definitely a growing market out there, especially with the newer generations growing up with video games. 

Can’t wait to see the CGC cases!

Wow thats crazy!

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

I know nothing of gaming grading.  Is there something that simply breaks it down?  I've been thinking of grading this but need to do some research 1st.

Depends who you grade with. 

VGA: Grade will consist of the combination of box/case condition as well as seal condition.

WATA: Grade Box/Case condition primarily with Seal grading separately (A++, A, B, etc).

Will be interesting to see which route CGC take. I prefer VGAs approach since the seal is a big difference between a sealed and opened copy.