• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My mistake but………
2 2

56 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Hero Restoration said:

So I forgot to write on box WK & Ex x2 and it’s been 30+ days with no update. Very unfair to pay over $150 a book for 6 week turnaround, receiving is a joke there! Must be nice to have pallets of orders to put on ignore.

😭

Receiving is absolutely a joke there, and I don't mean to rub salt in the wound... but you admittedly failed to follow the clear instructions for Express and Walkthrough. So I don't know about it being "unfair". 😥

Edited by Fisionbomb
ed

35 minutes ago, Hero Restoration said:

So I forgot to write on box WK & Ex x2 and it’s been 30+ days with no update. Very unfair to pay over $150 a book for 6 week turnaround, receiving is a joke there! Must be nice to have pallets of orders to put on ignore.

😭

My last submission to them (and one of many reasons I don't slab anymore) I wrote EXPRESS on the box in several places, since it was express and it made no difference at all.

They have your money, so they don't care.

Edited by D84

35 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

While the OP didn't write WT or Exp on the box other posters in other threads on the boards HAVE and it's made no difference.  When the site says 'opening boxes from the week of _______" who's to say they even look at packages that come today, for example, until they're on this week's pile months down the road.

No need to shame the OP for something that shouldn't be an issue in the first place (shrug)

It also seems like they should open the box and check the invoice, and if it’s not Express or WT they can sit aside in a different pile and do their normal ignore for 2 months. Having people write EX on all 6 sides of the box seems like a pretty archaic system. Yes I know this takes an extra minute or two per package but they have to open these boxes eventually anyways, so whether they spend a minute to do it when they get them in or a minute to do it in 2 months they still have to spend that minute to open the box one way or another. Or perhaps have a digital bar code or QR code that gets generated as a label with the invoice that people can print and put on the outside of the package that can be easily scanned without opening the box to determine if contents contain express or WT. just seems a better way has to exist.

Edited by wiparker824

6 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Or perhaps have a digital bar code or QR code that gets generated as a label with the invoice that people can print and put on the outside of the package that can be easily scanned without opening the box to determine if contents contain express or WT. just seems a better way has to exist.

Hopefully the geniuses at Blackstone can implement something as full of common sense as this idea.

1 minute ago, Bird said:

it isn't that simple. Mailed boxes have information on them such as return address that interior boxes/packages likely do not. Opening the boxes then means sorting and labeling everything again, multiple times if a box has 3 orders in it, once a box is opened lots of things have to happen and chances for misplaced books increase. Keep the box closed and contents secure until it needs to be opened.

I don’t see how this really changes anything. My boxes get opened and then literally nothing happens as it is for weeks, what’s another 4 weeks of it being opened? Most of the 6 months my books are there they are “opened”. 

10 minutes ago, csaag said:

Hopefully the geniuses at Blackstone can implement something as full of common sense as this idea.

Yeah I mean there’s no way you’ll ever convince me writing EX on all sides of a box or the artists initials on all sides of the box or whatever other crazy methods they have is the best way. Just introduces way too many human errors. If the USPS can generate a label that tells me where my package is at all times it seems the big money flowing into CGC can set up an electronic scanning/tracking system that tells me exactly what’s happening without me needing to go crazy with a sharpie on my box in the hope that the guy grabbing the box doesn’t have his hand covering the spot I marked EX when he grabs it.

Edited by wiparker824

2 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Yeah I mean there’s no way you’ll ever convince me writing EX on all sides of a box or the artists initials on all sides of the box or whatever other crazy methods they have is the best way. Just introduces way to many human errors. If the USPS can generate a label that tells me where my package is at all times it seems the big money flowing into CGC can set up an electronic scanning/tracking system that tells me exactly what’s happening without me needing to go crazy with a sharpie on my box in the hope that the guy grabbing the box doesn’t have his hand covering the spot I marked EX when he grabs it.

What about those who send in more than one submission at a time?

What you say sounds feasible, but would probably be done when printing off submission forms and more than one submission would have more than one form...

Just thinking about the application, it sounds doable, but certain bar codes may be missed when it comes time for scanning idk

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What about those who send in more than one submission at a time?

What you say sounds feasible, but would probably be done when printing off submission forms and more than one submission would have more than one form...

Just thinking about the application, it sounds doable, but certain bar codes may be missed when it comes time for scanning idk

This isn’t a difficult problem just involves money spent. The idea that you can’t combine multiple submission forms and have a single barcode which links all of them together for labeling purposes is just a matter of programming a website. 

If you’re talking in terms of the tehnological limits of CGC’s current online system then yeah it would be a nightmare, but all it takes is money spent on web development to fix it.

its a nightmare

is there any way anyone could have seen this increase in volume? And yet they continue to expand (games being graded now, I think I got that email yesterday) and add new signings and such. I sent in two submissions to joey (one in and one not yet in and it was a value!) and one reholder but I have stopped entirely. (The reholder only took about one month when TAT said it would have been 2.5-3.) Writing walkthrough on a box and sending it to a grading company is like adding a neon sign for a thief and I am generally not too paranoid about the mail. 

so now we have to pin our hopes on Blackstone. Its easy to stop slabbing when I haven't made a great score in a year or so but hopefully I'll put some gems out of the woodwork soon but I don't foresee sending anything off to cgc anytime soon.

trading cards...can you imagine sending a package of 1000 items in such a small box? and only 185 working days TAT for economy!

again, it is a nightmare 

16 hours ago, Hero Restoration said:

😭

How is that CGC's fault you forgot to follow the instructions?

Are you excited for 90+ days without any update. ^^

You can blame CGC for higher TaT's sure, but you knew the TaT's before you submitted your invoice and the simple instructions you were supposed to do before.  Your fault on this one.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

1 hour ago, Sensei Ryan said:

While the OP didn't write WT or Exp on the box other posters in other threads on the boards HAVE and it's made no difference.  When the site says 'opening boxes from the week of _______" who's to say they even look at packages that come today, for example, until they're on this week's pile months down the road.

No need to shame the OP for something that shouldn't be an issue in the first place (shrug)

Shaming is fun though (shrug)

48 minutes ago, Bird said:

its a nightmare

is there any way anyone could have seen this increase in volume? And yet they continue to expand (games being graded now, I think I got that email yesterday) and add new signings and such. I sent in two submissions to joey (one in and one not yet in and it was a value!) and one reholder but I have stopped entirely. (The reholder only took about one month when TAT said it would have been 2.5-3.) Writing walkthrough on a box and sending it to a grading company is like adding a neon sign for a thief and I am generally not too paranoid about the mail. 

so now we have to pin our hopes on Blackstone. Its easy to stop slabbing when I haven't made a great score in a year or so but hopefully I'll put some gems out of the woodwork soon but I don't foresee sending anything off to cgc anytime soon.

trading cards...can you imagine sending a package of 1000 items in such a small box? and only 185 working days TAT for economy!

again, it is a nightmare 

You sound like this is hurting your family and your overall well being. lol 

A nightmare is someone's family dying in a car accident, this is just a 1st world problem. 

41 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

You sound like this is hurting your family and your overall well being. lol 

A nightmare is someone's family dying in a car accident, this is just a 1st world problem. 

well, you certainly took my tone too heavy then!

no it isn't a car accident doh!